Sign in to follow this  
Indy

This game is why Farke needs to stay.

Today’s game highlights just what standard of football Farke has bought to City, with Youth, 2,3 & 4 division German league players and free transfers. Now imagine next season with money to invest and the future looks very bright, even if we have another season in the championship.

We are in a fantastic position even if we sell a couple of our stars, money will be there to build.

• Like 8

Was there any thoughts that Farke shouldn't stay? If there was, that person needs to have their right to think to be revoked.

Edited by All the Germans

I think you’ll struggle to find a Norwich fan that doesn’t want him to stay. If we can hold onto him is a different matter as he must be getting attention from German teams now

We know which individuals would say Farke Out but they are so much in the minority that I doubt many would even entertain the thought. Even the SKY pundits remarked about his job being safe.

Of course, we could lose him to a bigger club.

I haven’t really seen anyone seriously suggest Farke should not stay.

What’s slightly perplexing though is that we seem to regularly be competitive against / pick up points against top six sides but can’t get it right against weaker sides.

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

There’s been a few over the last week on various threads.

I've not taken them too seriously

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Farke definitely to stay.  Next season will  bring its own problems.  a number of players have sampled the PL and are likely to want to stay there to reap the PL riches.  There may be 4 or 5 that fall into that category Pukki, Godfrey, Buendia, Aarons, Lewis and Cantwell.  They may bring £60m but to replace them will take a huge slice of the PL premium.  And we are unlikely to find free transfers, Spanish bargains or Academy starlets to fill those positions.  Whether it is the PL or Champs next season we will be a less talented team and Farke will be under extreme pressure to bring success to City lets see if he gets the same support when we miss out on the top 26.

15 minutes ago, pete said:

Farke definitely to stay.  Next season will  bring its own problems.  a number of players have sampled the PL and are likely to want to stay there to reap the PL riches.  There may be 4 or 5 that fall into that category Pukki, Godfrey, Buendia, Aarons, Lewis and Cantwell.  They may bring £60m but to replace them will take a huge slice of the PL premium.  And we are unlikely to find free transfers, Spanish bargains or Academy starlets to fill those positions.  Whether it is the PL or Champs next season we will be a less talented team and Farke will be under extreme pressure to bring success to City lets see if he gets the same support when we miss out on the top 26.

£60m ? More like £160m in the current market or more. Rumour is Spurs going for Aarons for £50m in January. We won't get that much but on today's evidence he is far better than Aurier and how much did he cost them?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Has anyone suggested otherwise?

II Pirata and a couple others are questioning Farke, just read the posts from the game Boxing Day.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Aggy said:

What’s slightly perplexing though is that we seem to regularly be competitive against / pick up points against top six sides but can’t get it right against weaker sides.

It kind of makes sense to me tbh.

Most top six sides tend to have more technically gifted, skilled and quick-thinking players, sides nearer the bottom have more physically robust players instead, we get massively outmuscled and dominated aerially by these more direct sides, whereas the top sides often let us play more, and our style of play is just better suited to that kind of opposition.

I can fully see a situation where we'd beat most of the 'top' sides, yet lose horribly to sides who are technically far worse than the top teams we've beaten...!

Even in the few posts I’ve seen critical of Farke, removing him has not been a thrust of the argument. I don’t think anyone seriously wants to see him go, regardless of this seasons result.

Edited by Monty13

Watching Tettey you see what Farke brings. Yes he has always run around won balls stopped attackers but the ball after he won the ball often left a bit to be desired. Now he wins the ball and is passed the ball and his distribution is at another level as is his confidence on the ball.

With the greatest respect to the age of Tettey if Farke can bring this to a player in the autumn of his career think what he can do for much younger players.