Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever

Red card for VAR ?

Thank **** we won't have to deal with it next season. Championship is a far better league. So sick of this ****ing circus in the Prem.

I had foolishly hoped VAR would be a leveller but it has just reinforced my fear that sides like Norwich are unfairly penalised by VAR officials. 

I listened to the game on BBC London and they said the Norwich chant 'It's not football anymore' was a powerful message from the paying supporters. 

There won't be one person in the country who will agree with that decision (of course Spurs fans will be relieved). That shows what a farce VAR is.

• Like 3

Definitely a red card for it in its current format. Get rid of these lines and let the ref decide from the image on the side of the pitch 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Definitely a red card for it in its current format. Get rid of these lines and let the ref decide from the image on the side of the pitch 

To do that though the angle has to be in line. How the **** anyone can overturn the ref's decision based on that bizarre angle is ridiculous. The NFL manages to do it just fine so there's no excuse for VAR to get it wrong in a sport where the line is much easier to see.

The rule in the NFL is that if there is no clear evidence to overturn it then the ruling on the field stands, which is how it should be. Ref can use monitor at pitch-side to clarify at any point, as it should be.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 4

Get rid of these lines and let the ref decide from the image on the side of the pitch 

That could possibly work and I think it should be mandatory but it would leave the Ref forced to eat humble pie too many times. Friend could have looked at that one but was relieved when this chap

image.jpeg.d9519700dd8587019363b15f4f7d863c.jpeg

Checked it sat in an ice cream van in a layby on the M25.

image.jpeg

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

Yes, we've seen the still and the red and blue lines. But when was it taken? At the moment Mario first touches the ball or when it leaves his foot? Yes, that is very marginal .............. but so was that ridiculous decision.

Edited by Yellow Wal
  • Like 1

Should be based on the position of the feet (it is 'football' after all) and not the underarm or the beard or the little finger. Solved.

• Like 2

We can play Wolves off the pitch, fail to put our chances away and whilst we can blame bad luck, ultimately we can only look at ourselves.

Play Tottenham and Arsenal off the pitch. VAR intervenes in both games to rob us of a result. I cant take that. Infuriating as the Wolves result was, we werent cheated

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

VAR has 100% ruined football. They just make up new rules as they go along.

It is a shambles

It is not improving the sport. It's not improving the experience for fans. It is not reducing controversy, it is creating new ones. Its awful and needs to be abandoned

I think this just shows that technology does not automatically lead to improvement, if the people operating it do not appear to act rationally and logically. This decision seems to be a very literal interpretation of the rule, and to be honest that is me being pretty generous. What really irritates me is that it totally ignores the purpose of the rule. It’s hard to see how Pukki gained any advantage from his finger nail being ahead of the last defender when his feet were clearly behind. The advantage came from his clever run and the lovely through ball. We definitely deserve better officials than the ones we’ve currently got and some sort of umpire’s call is desperately needed to bring some common sense into the game.

Move that red line along in front of Pukki's arm instead of his shoulder and it would show him onside. The line is simply in the wrong place!!!

Edited by lake district canary

It is impossible to say that that is offside because the picture is not directly in line with the players.

Everybody who has ever played or watched football at any level knows that under the true meaning of the law, that is not offside.

Nobody was ever meant to be given offside on such flimsy evidence

It's criminal that people are getting away with these decisions wout having to face the public

9 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Level. 

IMG_20191228_195451.jpg

If you project that blue lineup, his head looks further forward than his knee! But level at worst!

And I do not understand why people in the game talk about Cricket to justify VAR. In Cricket, it is only used when a team appeals the umpire's decision.

I can see the merit in Clubs getting two appeals per game and if they are correct they don't lose it and still have two left, or one as the case may be. And it is similar in the NFL. But in the NFL, the onfield umpire decides. The man who is controlling the game.

I agree. I think the people making these decisions need to face the panel on tv so they have to explain why they made the decision. To change a game behind closed doors, go home to his family and have a nice evening with no conscience of his decisions is unacceptable. These judges on var need to be questioned on tv