Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Great goal, total disgrace. I'm done.

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....just to be clear ...my wish for influenza is still ok?.....just want to establish where the marker is??

😂

• Haha 1

....just to be clear ...my wish for influenza is still ok?.....just want to establish where the marker is??

Not very nice, but the response from kio was just foul. If people want to write that kind of stuff, better they stick to twitter or even the facebook sites, which are pretty debased half the time.

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Booooo.

58 minutes ago, JF said:

Kane played for that penalty but it was always going to be given

...that doesn't make it right - just another illustration of how disinterested the footballing authorities are in ensuring the honesty and fair play we expect in sport. But the Premier League has never been about sport, its about money, nothing else.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not how I remember you putting it.

Interesting moral compass.

The spurs defence didnt even appeal for offside so what does that say?!

I've said this time and time again, both teams should get 1 appeal per game, it's really not hard

• Like 1

Just now, Ward 3 said:

The spurs defence didnt even appeal for offside so what does that say?!

I've said this time and time again, both teams should get 1 appeal per game, it's really not hard

...doesnt matter how many appeals you get ,if theres a cheat sitting in the VAR booth determined to make the decision go a particular way , its futile

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...doesnt matter how many appeals you get ,if theres a cheat sitting in the VAR booth determined to make the decision go a particular way , its futile

Dont need var until a team appeals in my opinion. Cricket and rugby have it sussed and football is so poor using technology. Goal line technology was all we needed. None of this turd

Defenders don't appeal for offside, because they know it's not.

Keeper doesn't appeal for offside, because he knows it's not.

Ref and Assistant Refs don't call an offside, because they know it's not.

25k fans don't think it's offside, because it's not.

Commentators and Pundits don't think it's offside, because it's not.

Yet some c**t in the VAR van decides after using MS Paint for 3 minutes that it's offside - even though it isn't.

Go figure...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whats interesting (or even scandalous) was that the VAR  booth official tonight was the referee that we had for Villa only 2 days ago.... nobody can tell me that after the criticism Farke gave him for the handball decision in the build up for Villa's goal still ringing on his ear he isn't even subconciously allowing that to influence his marginal 'decision'

Whats interesting (or even scandalous) was that the VAR  booth official tonight was the referee that we had for Villa only 2 days ago.... nobody can tell me that after the criticism Farke gave him for the handball decision in the build up for Villa's goal still ringing on his ear he isn't even subconciously allowing that to influence his marginal 'decision'

You would think they would organise themselves to ensure that's never the case. What if in the previous game a manager gets sent off by the ref, the manager calls him a joke who shouldnt ever ref again - and hes then the VAR official?

Farke mentioned it which tells you what he thinks about the corrupt nature of it all.

I've watched it back so many times and am still struggling to see how that is possibly offside. It's getting beyond ridiculous. Sui these guys go home after the match and think they've done a good job?!

Same with the Brighton goal earlier, absolutely scandalous

For anyone at the game that wasn’t watching on sky it’s worth noting that the reason that sky was given from var headquarters after it had been disallowed was that Pukki was coming back from an offside position in the build up to the goal. It was a good 15 minutes before it was then said by var headquarters to sky that it was disallowed for the line that is now seen

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

Disgusting decision. Absolute quality goal.. I punched a Christmas tree to the floor in celebration... this Christmas has been tough for my wife. 

You married a Christmas tree?

• Haha 1

I have watched football for fifty years with loads of lows and highs especially as a city fan but today I am truly considering never going again when my season ticket expires this season. When that second goal went in for us as usual I celebrated like the days when I was young un in the Barclay and for not one moment felt that this would be overturned.  The sublime pass by Mario, the majestic control on the chest and finish by Teemu all left me rejoicing in that glow that follows a truly fabulous goal for your team and against BTW a champions league final opponent. And then the dreaded VAR intervenes. I can guarantee that this would never have been ruled out if the big six had scored it. I never mind losing or dropping two points when the opposition deserves it but today this was not the case. Football is now going to be accused of corruption because there is so much money involved now and the big influential clubs will always hold the power. Sadly it is now pretty odds on that we will be relegated, let us hope that VAR does not make it to the that level soon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mutley said:

I have watched football for fifty years with loads of lows and highs especially as a city fan but today I am truly considering never going again when my season ticket expires this season. When that second goal went in for us as usual I celebrated like the days when I was young un in the Barclay and for not one moment felt that this would be overturned.  The sublime pass by Mario, the majestic control on the chest and finish by Teemu all left me rejoicing in that glow that follows a truly fabulous goal for your team and against BTW a champions league final opponent. And then the dreaded VAR intervenes. I can guarantee that this would never have been ruled out if the big six had scored it. I never mind losing or dropping two points when the opposition deserves it but today this was not the case. Football is now going to be accused of corruption because there is so much money involved now and the big influential clubs will always hold the power. Sadly it is now pretty odds on that we will be relegated, let us hope that VAR does not make it to the that level soon. 

Everything you say there is true apart from it not being ruled out of a top 6 team had scored it. These atrocious decisions have happened all season to all teams, Spurs themselves included. The powers that be have set the marker with these decisions and they are happening on a weekly basis. It’s a joke and needs to go

It is ****ing ridiculous and it wasn't just var, the whole official team were so close to looking corrupt (which is not an accusation I have EVER resorted to) that it's getting beyond a joke. Friend was incompetent at best. The penalty, there was contact but it was from Kane running into an already prone Zimmerman, but that whole move came about because of a blatant foul not given on the mayor (one of many 'not spotted' and not picked up on).

In a way we were architects of our own downfall the way we let them come on to us in the second half, but had we been 2 up at the start of the half there is no chance the match would have planned out the way it did...

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Talk about a passive aggressive online troll in his finest form.

You think it's ok to post about me on another thread then have the audacity to accuse me of starting an argument with you when you post, doing something youd accused me of doing on another thread? Just what do you actually expect?

We all know LDC is a pompous attention seeking prat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

We all know LDC is a pompous attention seeking prat

I know, but coming into a New Year and stuff I thought maybe I'd try taking the posts at face value but hes managed to make that impossible and it's only the bloody 28th.

6 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

It is ****ing ridiculous and it wasn't just var, the whole official team were so close to looking corrupt (which is not an accusation I have EVER resorted to) that it's getting beyond a joke. Friend was incompetent at best. The penalty, there was contact but it was from Kane running into an already prone Zimmerman, but that whole move came about because of a blatant foul not given on the mayor (one of many 'not spotted' and not picked up on).

In a way we were architects of our own downfall the way we let them come on to us in the second half, but had we been 2 up at the start of the half there is no chance the match would have planned out the way it did...

I cant remember a ref being as consistently bad as Friend over such a long period of time....seems to have been around forever and must surely soon be time to hang up his whistle?

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I know, but coming into a New Year and stuff I thought maybe I'd try taking the posts at face value but hes managed to make that impossible and it's only the bloody 28th.

He is patronising to everybody, and gets off on taking the moral high ground against the majority of posters. He’s already knocking one out reading these posts, on account of all the attention he’s getting (that he purposely creates with arguments, and that he’ll be able to go all self righteous again 🔔 

• Like 1

Getting back on topic, VAR is sucking all the enjoyment out of football. It was introduced wit the tag line of “clear and obvious errors”, but the Pukki decision was nowhere close to being an obvious error by the ref and linos. F ucking pathetic 

P.S. the commentary also said Lewis’ yellow was for the handball AND “the pullback”. The replay seems to show he is nowhere near Kane and there’s zero contact I can see. But does VAR consider that? Apparently not.

This decision was a joke. How is it decided where the respective lines are placed when it comes to checking this 'offside'? Move either one just slightly in either direction and you get a completely different result. I would also ask why is the blue 'defender' line only taken up to his knee? Take it any higher and you can see that it intersects his arm just as it does Pukki's. Naturally the line for the defender will intersect his knee first as he is not leaning as Pukki is, but what this camera angle/position does not take into account is the angle that Pukki is leaning. IMO Pukki's body is twisted as he leans and the lines as shown by the VAR don't take this into account, thereby presenting a falsehood. Here are some comparison stills with lines slightly altered to make this point:

1. Pukki's line moved slightly to the left to account for his body angle:

PUKKI-NEW LINES.jpg

2. Both original VAR lines and two new lines:

2 PUKKI=DEFENDER NEW AND ORIGINAL LINES.jpg

3. Pukki's new and original lines, with the defenders line extended so you can see it intersects his armpit as does Pukki's original line:

PUKKI-ORIGINAL-NEW AND DEFENDER ORIGINAL LINE.jpg

4. The original VAR lines, with the defenders line extended so it intesects his armpit as does Pukki's original VAR line.

PUKKI-ORIGINAL LINES.jpg

I think this shows what a fallacy (farce) the whole VAR circus is (when it comes to offside's at least).

Edited by Interested Observer
  • Like 1

Not seen motd yet, will watch it tomorrow but apparently there is another two decisions by var in the Brighton and Southampton games like this one