Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Great goal, total disgrace. I'm done.

We need to take a closer look at referees finances because, honestly, I believe there is corruption involved and I’ve thought it for years.

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Purely and simply...for that goal to be ruled out somebody is actively wanting to rule it out and will keep looking and fast forwarding/rewinding/doctoring the lines on these machines until they find a frame to suit their desired outcome.

If the referee who originally allows the goal looks at it again on his pitchside monitor and rules it out ...I could sort of accept that

...but we just dont know the motives or influences these faceless people in these booths 120 miles away are under.

Its open to corruption....I didnt want to believe that but when Man Uniteds first penalty was awarded against us when previously turned down, after Daniel James fell into Ben Godfrey, from that day onwards I'm afraid I have to assume cheating is at play.

I assume our Daniel Farke is in deep water as in an interview he has said as much

Norwich boss Daniel Farke on VAR: I don't want to complain too much about this topic. My understanding is that VAR should make the game more fair. My gut feeling [after Pukki's goal] was that we would find a situation where it was offside.

Accusing the FA of cheating or questioning the officials normally results in charges being brought against the person making the comments. If they don’t charge him it will only go to show that they know the whole situation will mean the nations support for removing VAR and they were wrong.

Well done Farke for being brave enough to say what the whole country is thinking.

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Seeing the still pictures makes it even more unbelievable the goal was disallowed. You can watch the video in real time and in slow time over and over and he is still a yard onside as the ball is kicked as clear as anything could be. End of.

Abusive use of technology is ruining the game and robbed us of another brilliant goal....and it was brilliant in every way. 

Agreed

Unless you were planning to move lines, angles etc there was no need to review, at the moment of impact with the ball from Mario’s pass he is clearly onside. There was absolutely no need to review it.

I consider myself to be honest.

I am not about to claim there is corruption in the game, but rather I think the men who officiate the game tend to let expected results manipulate their decisions.

When Leicester got promoted, like yourselves we had dodgy decisions against us in that first season.

In our title season, especially the second half of the season I noticed we started getting lots of favourable decisions, we got so many even the press started writing articles about it.  The FA reacted by sending Vardy off in that late West Ham game.

Since that season we seem to be treated at a level between the big 6 and the rest of the league, so when playing non big 6 teams we usually get 50/50 decisions in our favour, but when we play the likes of Liverpool of course its the other way.  For reference we have conceded 4 penalties this season, against Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City. 

Tech like the goal line technology is great as its just a computer, the computer doesn't have bias based on who is playing, so it gets it right every time.  Also consider clubs like Liverpool have fans all over the country, e.g. if someone is born in Norwich its very unlikely they will be a Leicester supporter so would be eligible to officiate Leicester games, vice versa if someone was born in Leicester for Norwich games.  However you cannot be so confident for the big teams as they have glory supporters scattered around the country.

You can understand ref's and linesman occasionally getting it wrong as they don't have the luxury of replays, viewing different angles etc.  But for VAR, questions have to be asked when it gets something wrong.

I think with offside though apparently the rule is that if "any" part of the body is nearer to goal than the defender then its offside, so one could argue VAR got it right, however I think that law should be changed as its clearly stupid.  However with Pukki I honestly think he was further away from the goal than the defender, he wasn't even level.    The camera angle wasn't level with the players which in my view means they not doing it accurately.  Offside VAR next season should probably (a) only check position of feet and (b) only rule offside if its clear within a few seconds of looking at it, if it requires drawing lines and rerunning it multiple times, then benefit of doubt should be applied and the striker gets the decision.

Keep your heads up guys, I know it sucks what happened, but you cant turn back the clock sadly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, foxchrys said:

I consider myself to be honest.

I am not about to claim there is corruption in the game, but rather I think the men who officiate the game tend to let expected results manipulate their decisions.

When Leicester got promoted, like yourselves we had dodgy decisions against us in that first season.

In our title season, especially the second half of the season I noticed we started getting lots of favourable decisions, we got so many even the press started writing articles about it.  The FA reacted by sending Vardy off in that late West Ham game.

Since that season we seem to be treated at a level between the big 6 and the rest of the league, so when playing non big 6 teams we usually get 50/50 decisions in our favour, but when we play the likes of Liverpool of course its the other way.  For reference we have conceded 4 penalties this season, against Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City. 

Tech like the goal line technology is great as its just a computer, the computer doesn't have bias based on who is playing, so it gets it right every time.  Also consider clubs like Liverpool have fans all over the country, e.g. if someone is born in Norwich its very unlikely they will be a Leicester supporter so would be eligible to officiate Leicester games, vice versa if someone was born in Leicester for Norwich games.  However you cannot be so confident for the big teams as they have glory supporters scattered around the country.

You can understand ref's and linesman occasionally getting it wrong as they don't have the luxury of replays, viewing different angles etc.  But for VAR, questions have to be asked when it gets something wrong.

I think with offside though apparently the rule is that if "any" part of the body is nearer to goal than the defender then its offside, so one could argue VAR got it right, however I think that law should be changed as its clearly stupid.  However with Pukki I honestly think he was further away from the goal than the defender, he wasn't even level.    The camera angle wasn't level with the players which in my view means they not doing it accurately.  Offside VAR next season should probably (a) only check position of feet and (b) only rule offside if its clear within a few seconds of looking at it, if it requires drawing lines and rerunning it multiple times, then benefit of doubt should be applied and the striker gets the decision.

Keep your heads up guys, I know it sucks what happened, but you cant turn back the clock sadly.

Spot on but our belief ( also quoted on MOD last night ) is that your arm does not count, it clearly states other than your arm. They clearly moved the lines to benefit Tottenham and used the wrong frame ( it should have been the frame before). The side angle clearly shows he is onside. 

20 hours ago, JF said:

Everything you say there is true apart from it not being ruled out of a top 6 team had scored it. These atrocious decisions have happened all season to all teams, Spurs themselves included. The powers that be have set the marker with these decisions and they are happening on a weekly basis. It’s a joke and needs to go

In the cold light of day it’s true that many teams are getting v poor decisions from VAR but I would suggest that the top

six do not get quite so many go against them. We all agree that it must go. Strange that Liverpool have gained in just about every VAR check in their matches, 

Souness suggested if "any" part of the body is onside then its onside, so basically a reverse of what is currently happening.

Whether the EPL and FA take that on board remains to be seen though.

16 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

http://chng.it/ysLbVvH7

petition on line if anyone feels strongly enough to sign. 

41 people have signed this petition since I first saw it 21 hours ago. Kind of suggests they actually people don’t feel that strongly about it.

19 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

41 people have signed this petition since I first saw it 21 hours ago. Kind of suggests they actually people don’t feel that strongly about it.

329 now.

8 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Certainly not taking off is it.

People I talk to do feel strongly though. Hard to judge if they just happen to be in my circle of friends but I don't get that impression.  It needs a coordinated approach from a national supporters group, across all teams. Once one takes off, that everyone who feels strongly can coalesce around, it might be different.

None this changes the fundamentals which are that Norwich are going to be relegated and Delia is then going to sell half the team for over £100 million and the still not spend any money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

None this changes the fundamentals which are that Norwich are going to be relegated and Delia is then going to sell half the team for over £100 million and the still not spend any money.

Well little money but the rest is about right.That will never change but a lot of support on this message board would not have it any other way.

22 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well little money but the rest is about right.That will never change but a lot of support on this message board would not have it any other way.

Indeed. The fans at Norwich are the problem that is holding the club back from reaching its true potential. They have a second tier mentality so they get a board that is likewise. In terms of bragging rights, it looks like Ipswich will have more major trophies in perpetuity and not a single City fan wants that to change.

7 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Indeed. The fans at Norwich are the problem that is holding the club back from reaching its true potential. They have a second tier mentality so they get a board that is likewise. In terms of bragging rights, it looks like Ipswich will have more major trophies in perpetuity and not a single City fan wants that to change.

You should be worried about your own team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

You should be worried about your own team

The Imps beat the Gimps. No wonder Pig Mince is on here trying to stir up trouble.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Now 334-another 5 in the last 9 hours 😳

The one I’ve seen has over 4K, still not massive I know but the number is going up

These .gov petitions never work. It could be a billion signatures and they wouldn’t care. What we need is direct action in the grounds. 

the premier league only care about image and money. Hitting the money is a longer term goal but you can hit them on image. The Anti VAR sign in the Barclay in the last game was an EXCELLENT start. The chants are great. It all gets shared and makes the premier league look pathetic.

We need to keep that pressure up. The referees are a team and all deserve stick from this absolute travesty. Keep the pressure up and don’t throw stuff on the pitch. 

prediction - victim manoeuvre. It’s textbook. FA will come out and say referees have been targeted and somebody said bad things on Twitter and they are all having group therapy. The standard waa waa look how victimised we are BS. Make us look like the bad guys for them ruining football. Keep your eyes peeled for that one.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

The one I’ve seen has over 4K, still not massive I know but the number is going up

Is that for a different petition?

If there is a VAR conspiracy against the little clubs then Delia must be part of it because she wants to go back to the EFL more than anyone because it opens up the opportunity to trouser £100 million from selling half the team (then she will use the excuse that those players wanted to leave).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

If there is a VAR conspiracy against the little clubs then Delia must be part of it because she wants to go back to the EFL more than anyone because it opens up the opportunity to trouser £100 million from selling half the team (then she will use the excuse that those players wanted to leave).

You are odd.

4 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Really? Let's wait till August and we'll see how far out I am.

It's not the wisest or bravest to predict relegation. It's the Delia conspiracy that appears a tad deranged.

8 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Really? Let's wait till August and we'll see how far out I am.

Care in the community has a lot to answer for.

2 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Don’t count your chickens even if we are relegated. At least up until the weekend the EFL thought it was working amazingly well and were considering the possibility of its implementation into the championship.

9 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

It's not the wisest or bravest to predict relegation. It's the Delia conspiracy that appears a tad deranged.

But Delia is fully aware of the way football works in a relegation scenario. The better players will not want to go back to the Championship with Delia and so they will be pushing for a move back to the EPL and that gives Delia the opportunity to rake in over £100 million to keep the self-funding model going for a while longer, and more to the point, to keep her ownership of the club intact.

Just another reason why football is no longer the great spectator sport it once was.. allowing some guy 100s of.miles away to dictate the out come of a game..not for me