Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Great goal, total disgrace. I'm done.

6 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

It wasn't a penalty, Kane wasn't touched and he dived.

Lewis only handled the ball because he was fouled & lost his balance

Kane was offside too

1 minute ago, kick it off said:
4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

its corrupt and I hope Mike Riley gets the flu...

I hope he gets Syphilis tbf.

Uncalled for. Please consider editing that out.

20 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Lino didn't flag for it, no Spurs players appealed for it, yet VAR deems that one of Pukki's hairs was just past the last defender.

I've rung Norfolk Constabulary to report the robbery at Carrow Road tonight...

Did they ask for photos of the  missus?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Uncalled for. Please consider editing that out.

And I thought it was me who told others what they could and couldnt post (something I haven't done but you decide to randomly accuse me off)

10 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

It wasn't a penalty, Kane wasn't touched and he dived.

Lewis only handled the ball because he was fouled & lost his balance

Sorry MP, I don’t agree with the VAR decision on Pukki, but that was as clear a pen as you will ever see anywhere.

• Like 1

If that were a goal in the last minute of the last game of the season and it kept us up but was chalked out by VAR, I wonder how long before someone tests its validity in a court of law with so much money resting on everything .

Football is a sport, not something to be judged on a fecking computer screen by a no name based in a London studio.  

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wasn't random - and anyway, the post I referred to above, is totally out of order by any stretch of the imagination.

Well, it was. Unless you can refer me to a post I'd made telling people not to post that you were basing your comment on?

Why not just take the point that was made about this thread rather than try and goad me into an argument about something else?  I didn't even tell him to stop - just to "reconsider".

Edited by lake district canary

Just now, lake district canary said:

Why not just take the point that was made about this thread rather than try and goad me into an argument?  I didn't even tell him to stop - just to "reconsider".

Goad you? YOU made the comment about me where I hadnt even interacted with you. To then see you tell someone else what to post or not to post is obviously going to get a reaction.

I asked for evidence. You cant give it. That's fine, your original post about me was ****. Again, fine. Just important that others see it.

We have had play 12 men many times in the past, it has now become 13 or more. 

I will seriously reconsider paying to watch televised football from the next time my subs are up for renewal.

Thoroughly saddened by the whole wretched affair.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...oh pi$$ off you virtue signalling prat...

I probably wouldnt be that harsh about it but yes, I'm glad others take notice!

Just now, hogesar said:
2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why not just take the point that was made about this thread rather than try and goad me into an argument?  I didn't even tell him to stop - just to "reconsider".

Goad you? YOU made the comment about me where I hadnt even interacted with you. To then see you tell someone else what to post or not to post is obviously going to get a reaction.

I asked for evidence. You cant give it. That's fine, your original post about me was ****. Again, fine. Just important that others see it.

You piped up about something that was on a completely different thread yesterday - and then questioned me, rather than actually address the point I made on this thread, in which didn't even tell anyone to stop posting. Well done, you got your argument, now give it a rest.

48 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Just put this post up on my facebook page, thought it was relevant to share my thoughts here:

I really do wonder how many more points and results we're going to have robbed from us yet again this season. We've always been on the poorer end of decisions, particularly against the top 6 sides, but now we've got VAR to contend with on top of dodgy refereeing.

A good match today was completely spoiled by VAR.

It's a perfect ball over the top for Pukki to take brilliantly and finish calmly, none of the Spurs defenders even attempted to claim Pukki was offside, nor did their Keeper, the assistant referee, the referee himself, nor about 24k+ fans (of both sides) inside the ground, yet VAR gets involved, takes 3 minutes of analysing dots, lines and god knows what else, to finally decide that apparently, Pukki's shoulder was a millimetre in front of the defenders knee when the ball was played by Vrancic...

Decisions like this ruin the beautiful game, and I'd thought that VAR was introduced to deal with any clear or obvious errors by the match officials, well, I'm sorry, but something that NOBODY thought was offside and took minutes of computer analysis (along with the 4th officials interpretation of the offside law) to make a call ISN'T clear and obvious, nor was there a clear and obvious error by anyone in the process - so why did VAR even get involved anyway???

Is this what we've got to look forward to these days in football? Moments of great play and skill completely invalidated by a computer system and dodgy interpretations of the laws of the game? Are we going to see more and more matches with 7-10 minutes of additional time, because VAR has analysed everything to death, destroyed the flow of the game, and pissed off all the fans in the process?

I know it's a work in progress, but the consistency of the system all season has been shocking, it's totally undermining the referee who already has a tough enough job to begin with, in the age of diving players, deliberate time-wasting, being surrounded by 10 players every time he blows his whistle, the last thing we need is VAR sticking its nose into everything unnecessarily on top of this.

We should have been 2-0 up by half-time leaving Spurs a much tougher job in the 2nd half, but take nothing away from them, it was a great free-kick from Eriksen, Kane won his penalty (and it WAS a penalty) with clever play, and 2nd half they were the better side, but they still should have been starting that half two goals down, which would have completely changed the complexion of the game, and who knows what the final result would have been.

On a final note, I firmly believe that if our disallowed 2nd goal had been scored by the likes of Liverpool, Man City or any of the 'big' sides, there's no way it's being chalked off, instead, they'd be raving about a fantastic pass from Firmino and amazing skill from Salah to finish it, or saying how good De Bruyne is with that pass, and what a great bit of composure it was from Aguero to score, but no, we're Norwich, and we're not allowed to show 'big' sides up with our play, so instead we get royally screwed on a regular basis just to make sure it doesn't happen. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the PFA or Premier League wasn't fired after our result against Man City earlier in the season...

To be fair to Man City until last night they like us were constantly on the wrong end of VAR decisions.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

You piped up about something that was on a completely different thread yesterday - and then questioned me, rather than actually address the point I made on this thread, in which didn't even tell anyone to stop posting. Well done, you got your argument, now give it a rest.

Talk about a passive aggressive online troll in his finest form.

You think it's ok to post about me on another thread then have the audacity to accuse me of starting an argument with you when you post, doing something youd accused me of doing on another thread? Just what do you actually expect?

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm in little mood for mincing my words or suffering fools this evening

After seeing his last reply to me, go for it. Hes ****ing weird.

Disgusting decision. Absolute quality goal.. I punched a Christmas tree to the floor in celebration... this Christmas has been tough for my wife. 

Just now, hogesar said:

Talk about a passive aggressive online troll in his finest form.

You think it's ok to post about me on another thread then have the audacity to accuse me of starting an argument with you when you post, doing something youd accused me of doing on another thread? Just what do you actually expect?

Listen sunshine, I don't often lose my patience, but you accused me of telling someone what to post. Take another look, I asked him to reconsider, which was polite and a request. Now if I get time later, I'll trawl through one of your spats with Tilly, which are full of you telling him what is right to post or not right to post. If you are going to act holier than thou, then you better be holier than thou, because from here, you definitely are not.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Listen sunshine, I don't often lose my patience, but you accused me of telling someone what to post. Take another look, I asked him to reconsider, which was polite and a request. Now if I get time later, I'll trawl through one of your spats with Tilly, which are full of you telling him what is right to post or not right to post. If you are going to act holier than thou, then you better be holier than thou, because from here, you definitely are not.

Tell you what, how about you just block me then you patronising old tw*t.

• Haha 2

Oh, P.S the only thing I've asked Tilly not to post about is my work which has nothing to do with this forum. And having met him and spoken with him, I have absolutely no problem. Even if we dont agree on here.

17 minutes ago, duke63 said:

If that were a goal in the last minute of the last game of the season and it kept us up but was chalked out by VAR, I wonder how long before someone tests its validity in a court of law with so much money resting on everything .

Football is a sport, not something to be judged on a fecking computer screen by a no name based in a London studio.  

I was wondering wether a group of fans ( from different clubs ) might just get together and crowd fund an injunction to have VAR stopped. It would be interesting if nothing else to them a) prove that their technology is 100 % accurate b) give a definition of a clear and obvious error c) have to explain under oath why some of the decisions were made ( the penalty against Man Utd springs to mind ).

At worst this would make the EPL look a bit silly and even if they won they would see how the fans ( Liverpool and Man Utd aside ) feel our game has been destroyed.

I understood that only the parts of you that could score could be deemed offside. Had that have been scored by Pukki with that part of his body it would have been disallowed.

Today was the day that everybody could finally see how VAR and the EPL board are destroying our game. Can you imagine the riots that could take place if this happens in the last second of a game that results in a club relegated or not winning / qualifying for something.

We want our football back

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Oh, P.S the only thing I've asked Tilly not to post about is my work which has nothing to do with this forum. And having met him and spoken with him, I have absolutely no problem. Even if we dont agree on here.

So you did try to influence what someone could post and not post. Thanks for admitting it. Now lets have a bit of give and take, eh - and agree that my point about wishing disease on people has no place on this forum - and that a polite request for the person to edit that post was quite reasonable.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So you did try to influence what someone could post and not post. Thanks for admitting it. Now lets have a bit of give and take, eh - and agree that my point about wishing disease on people has no place on this forum - and that a polite request for the person to edit that post was quite reasonable.

And my reasoning for what Til was posting to be unreasonable wasnt 'quite reasonable'?