Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Great goal, total disgrace. I'm done.

I'm very nearly done with football too. It's a disgrace. Every part of it. From the pathetic diving, to the overpaid prima donas, to the blatant 'luck' the big teams get in decisions, to the unbelievably poor application of a technology which is proven to increase success rate.

• Like 7

Nobody watching this game can say that decision was good for football as a whole.

Amazing pass, wonderful control and lovely finish, all in the bin thanks to VAR.

I bet that wouldn't have been disallowed if it was Liverpool, Man City or similar who'd just scored it...

• Like 5

Its not football anymore. That was no offside ever. When Vrancic played that ball he was clearly onside. Bias. 

• Like 1

It wasn't offside. Even by the tightest of margins that's the thing, it was at worst level. You can guarantee if that was Chelsea or Man Utd at their home grounds v us that goal would have stood 100%. We do not get decisions at this level, never have never will.

• Like 2

There’s been some abominable VAR decisions but for the life of me I can’t see how that’s been given.

Does the VAR ref have access to other angles the Sky cameras don’t? Because how he can call that offside from the angle shown is either corrupt or incompetent IMO.

The fact that it was originally coming through as Pukki was offside in the build up then it changed to offside when the pass was played makes me think incompetent. Got it wrong then trying to say no it was a different reason which is also wrong but more subjective to save their skin feels like.

What annoys me most is the line that has been drawn up to his shoulder is not in the right place.  If the line was drawn where his arm is, it would show he was onside. The technology is NOT accurate. It just isn't.   Apparently it is "calibrated" well the calibration is not right. It's ruining football.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 3

VAR = corrupt implementation to further give bias to big teams. This ref is doing enough of that on his own but oh no.

****ing tragic.

• Like 1

Taken the gloss of what has been a superb performance and that was a great goal. At no point watching that var check did i think it was going to be disallowed, he looked onside all day long

Nobody wants this surely? The beautiful game is being made ugly. 

It's not just us, though it feels like we are getting it worse. I think all fans hate it. The powers that be need to be listening to that. They have ruined the game. Absolutely ruined it. Im angry, not just for my team, but for my sport. Surely all football fans are in agreement that todays decision is bad for the game 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Nobody wants this surely? The beautiful game is being made ugly. 

It's not just us, though it feels like we are getting it worse. I think all fans hate it. The powers that be need to be listening to that. They have ruined the game. Absolutely ruined it. Im angry, not just for my team, but for my sport. Surely all football fans are in agreement that todays decision is bad for the game 

Been reading through comments on twitter and every comment from fans of all teams are saying that’s a goal. Not one single comment of support for var in thousands of comments 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF said:

Taken the gloss of what has been a superb performance and that was a great goal. At no point watching that var check did i think it was going to be disallowed, he looked onside all day long

One always worries, but I never seriously believed they would disallow that. I was absolutely incredulous. Watching at home I saw the images straight away. I imagine in the crowd you would have some kind of doubt as to whether he was on or off. It's a good job the players couldnt see the images I saw, I dont know how they would have been able to keep their heads otherwise

Cricket uses the "umpire's call" to say decisions are too close to over-rule the umpire.

Think football should adopt the same approach - when officials don't flag things and VAR shows it is very marginal the officials decisions should stand.

Of course, we'll need a definition of very marginal .....

• Like 1

I’m super proud of our lads tonight. Bring on Palace because despite the disappointment our boys will buoyed by that point and performance in the cold light of day - Vrancic told us in the after match interview that this team is far from done, that’s their spirit 🥊 

• Like 1

On pitch referees call, given and not clear offside to be overturned! Error by the VAR officials and like said in other threads, no other sport uses replay challenges to this level as it’s not accurate enough there has to be an obvious offside!

Quote from BBC website

The Finnish striker appeared to come back onside before the ball was played over the Spurs defence, but VAR adjudged his right arm to be offside.

If VAR had been around for the last 70 years then some of the greatest goals ever scored would have been ruled offside.

It's really not funny anymore and it needs to be gotten rid off PDQ

• Like 1

Just put this post up on my facebook page, thought it was relevant to share my thoughts here:

I really do wonder how many more points and results we're going to have robbed from us yet again this season. We've always been on the poorer end of decisions, particularly against the top 6 sides, but now we've got VAR to contend with on top of dodgy refereeing.

A good match today was completely spoiled by VAR.

It's a perfect ball over the top for Pukki to take brilliantly and finish calmly, none of the Spurs defenders even attempted to claim Pukki was offside, nor did their Keeper, the assistant referee, the referee himself, nor about 24k+ fans (of both sides) inside the ground, yet VAR gets involved, takes 3 minutes of analysing dots, lines and god knows what else, to finally decide that apparently, Pukki's shoulder was a millimetre in front of the defenders knee when the ball was played by Vrancic...

Decisions like this ruin the beautiful game, and I'd thought that VAR was introduced to deal with any clear or obvious errors by the match officials, well, I'm sorry, but something that NOBODY thought was offside and took minutes of computer analysis (along with the 4th officials interpretation of the offside law) to make a call ISN'T clear and obvious, nor was there a clear and obvious error by anyone in the process - so why did VAR even get involved anyway???

Is this what we've got to look forward to these days in football? Moments of great play and skill completely invalidated by a computer system and dodgy interpretations of the laws of the game? Are we going to see more and more matches with 7-10 minutes of additional time, because VAR has analysed everything to death, destroyed the flow of the game, and pissed off all the fans in the process?

I know it's a work in progress, but the consistency of the system all season has been shocking, it's totally undermining the referee who already has a tough enough job to begin with, in the age of diving players, deliberate time-wasting, being surrounded by 10 players every time he blows his whistle, the last thing we need is VAR sticking its nose into everything unnecessarily on top of this.

We should have been 2-0 up by half-time leaving Spurs a much tougher job in the 2nd half, but take nothing away from them, it was a great free-kick from Eriksen, Kane won his penalty (and it WAS a penalty) with clever play, and 2nd half they were the better side, but they still should have been starting that half two goals down, which would have completely changed the complexion of the game, and who knows what the final result would have been.

On a final note, I firmly believe that if our disallowed 2nd goal had been scored by the likes of Liverpool, Man City or any of the 'big' sides, there's no way it's being chalked off, instead, they'd be raving about a fantastic pass from Firmino and amazing skill from Salah to finish it, or saying how good De Bruyne is with that pass, and what a great bit of composure it was from Aguero to score, but no, we're Norwich, and we're not allowed to show 'big' sides up with our play, so instead we get royally screwed on a regular basis just to make sure it doesn't happen. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the PFA or Premier League wasn't fired after our result against Man City earlier in the season...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Even Ipswich fans are saying the goal should have stood.

Genuinely doesnt surprise me anymore. Its corrupt and biased. Dont give a toss what excuse that **** Swarbrick comes up with next. The fact hes still in a job is testament to how corrupt the whole ****ing thing is.

It’s quite odd that the one part of his body that he can’t use is deemed to somehow place him at an advantage. As I posted elsewhere it was his perfect run and a brilliant through ball that created that advantage, and VAR is seemingly eradicating this from the game. It just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. 

Why is it even the case that somebodies arm can be offside, ridiculous.

Should be decided on feet alone, this is after all football. 

In running the person whose torso crosses the line first is the winner, you can just stick your hand over the line and be the winner (which is why they push their chests out).

Rule should be 'half a boot' or something.

Amazing that things like Google Earth and home microscopes which can photos of atoms exist and the football authorities can't get something like this right.

I may go and follow non-league where VAR isn't ever likely to exist, it really is ruining the game.

We still gave away a stupid penalty though, and Krul got very lucky trying to do a Cristiano Ronaldo impression, and that Lewis handball was just weird, so can't blame VAR entirely for our failure to win. I just feel sorry for Pukki and Vrancic because it was a class goal. 

Lino didn't flag for it, no Spurs players appealed for it, yet VAR deems that one of Pukki's hairs was just past the last defender.

I've rung Norfolk Constabulary to report the robbery at Carrow Road tonight...

It’s not even a case of the small teams getting the bad decisions to be fair. It’s been consistent with these nonsensical decisions all season and not just these pathetic offsides by millimetres. Going back to the ridiculous Man City goal against Spurs that slightly but very clearly accidentally brushed a Man City players hand. The sad thing is that far from it leaving the game, it’s only a matter of time before it hits the championship 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We still gave away a stupid penalty though, and Krul got very lucky trying to do a Cristiano Ronaldo impression, and that Lewis handball was just weird, so can't blame VAR entirely for our failure to win.

It wasn't a penalty, Kane wasn't touched and he dived.

Lewis only handled the ball because he was fouled & lost his balance

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

Can't wait to get back to the Championship. The refs may be incompetent and ****, but at least that cuts both ways and they're not just ****ing corrupt and biased

Kane played for that penalty but it was always going to be given

Theyre making the rules up as they go along....for that goal to have been ruled out ,someone in that VAR booth actively wants to rule that out with a ulterior motive.

Theyve fast fowarded/rewound their technology to make it look like that red line was in front of the blue at any fixed point in time.....its corrupt and I hope Mike Riley gets the flu...

• Like 2