Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

City v Spurs match thread

I’m done with Var it’s a ****ing joke. Fans of all clubs should lobby the PL to drop it. It’s ruining the game

• Like 1

I so so hope we deservedly go on to win this.

i don’t want to hear how well we played but that VAR has robbed us. You owe us a decision now Mr Friend and whichever muppet is hiding away hundreds of miles away on their tv screen

• Like 1

Sounds like backtracking from the VAR clowns now. Decided to move the fuzzy red line forward on the freeze frame and say Pukki was offside by millimetres instead of that nonsense they fed Sky earlier.

Who here thinks that if had have been Harry Kane scoring that goal instead of Pukki, it would have been given? Because I think it would have been a goal

• Like 3

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Sounds like backtracking from the VAR clowns now. Decided to move the fuzzy red line forward on the freeze frame and say Pukki was offside by millimetres instead of that nonsense they fed Sky earlier.

Yup, obviously trying to cover up their mistake.  They really are totally useless biased c**ts

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Because he came back from an offside position before the ball was played is the official view!

And now they’ve changed their story, he was offside when the ball was played. Sounds like they think they might have got it wrong. Funny how that doesn’t happen to Spurs and the like.

Sadly, it’s taking attention away from what has been a superb first half. Let’s hope we can sustain it!

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

What can people in the stands see with regards to the VAR decision. Can you see the outrage in all it's detail if you're there?

No, we see nothing of the images. Just a screen that says "VAR IS CHECKING FOR A WAY TO SCREW YOUR UNWORTHY OF A PREMIER LEAGUE PLACE CLUB OVER"

• Like 1

No VAR for the Villa throw in that never was and this VAR decision looks to be distinctly at odds with the Sky replay. 

Looks like the VAR ref is bent. 

Just because a bunch of pundits and managers tell us that the game is too important for mistakes to happen, football is being denied glorious moments that we witnessed.

How can it be left to decisions like that to decide a football match. It is being decided in the back of an ice cream van 500 miles away.

How many goals have been scored by an armpit? Football is a game where legs, for running and feet for kicking are the predominant part of the game. It is really a different game.

Apart from the rant, Buendia will walk into the team of the week. He is certainly allowing Vrancic to get forward and we look so dominant. Just hope we don't make any mistakes from now on.

And don't forget. all this came because we were denied a corner after Hanley headed it onto Alderwerield. No VAR there.

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Yep, this is either corruption or total incompetence - hard to guess which, both equally plausible IMO.

10 minutes ago, JF said:

I’m done with Var it’s a ****ing joke. Fans of all clubs should lobby the PL to drop it. It’s ruining the game

Yup. That was an absolute disgrace. It is sucking the life out of the  game. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yep, this is either corruption or total incompetence - hard to guess which, both equally plausible IMO.

Incompetent certainly. Against the spirit of the game. A fine and brilliant goal actually.

You wouldn’t want to be Buedia’s cat if we don’t win this.

Edited by Bonzo
  • Haha 1

😂 you have to laugh or you’d cry......now Pukki red line was ahead of his shoulder and yet Vertongenn blue line cuts his knee making it look offside! Amazing how VAR can be manipulated to make it look correct! No way was Pukki offside!

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Just have to hope now, we stay competitive and get the job done.

That's too similar to the Tories' election mantra for my liking...but they did win handsomely so I'll take that omen.

Let's hope Farke fires them up for the second half and that decision spurs us (no pun attempted) on to win this game, and prove both pundits and technology wrong!

Just now, Indy said:

😂 you have to laugh or you’d cry......now Pukki red line was ahead of his shoulder and yet Vertongenn blue line cuts his knee making it look offside! Amazing how VAR can be manipulated to make it look correct! No way was Pukki offside!

It should just be feet. Nothing else. No knees, shoulders, heads or trouser snakes.

• Thanks 2

We’ve had a stunning half there and instead of celebrating an amazing half that we’re still winning I’m sat here feeling like we’re losing through that joke of a decision. A quick look through the internet shows that it’s not the only decision like that today. It simply has to go in this format. 

The Premier League simply don't deserve to have an expansive team such as our wonderful club to light up their boring football.  I'm looking forward to the Championship and no biased VAR. 

• Like 1

Is the technology that good that they can differentiate between millimetres and know the precise millisecond the ball left Vrancics foot? There must be a margin of error and that’s why the ‘clear and obvious error’ line is in the VaR description. 

So why the f*** was that perfectly good, beautifully worked goal disallowed? I’m never going to understand that decision, except they simply don’t want Norwich upsetting the PL big boys

• Thanks 1

Just now, paul moy said:

The Premier League simply don't deserve to have an expansive team such as our wonderful club to light up their boring football.  I'm looking forward to the Championship and no biased VAR. 

That’s one way of looking at it!

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

That's too similar to the Tories' election mantra for my liking...but they did win handsomely so I'll take that omen.

Yes, sorry Drazen. But think of this ... "Get Brexit Done" is an anagram of "Being Extorted" and that VAR decision is just that.

• Haha 1

I'd love to have whoever is watching via VAR come out and be interviewed to understand their reasoning. And them sack them on air for pure incompetence. It shouldn't be allowed at this level!