Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

City v Spurs match thread

Because he came back from an offside position before the ball was played is the official view!

I don’t understand. He wasn’t offside. Have the laws changed because the explanation that sky have been given makes no sense. He came back from an offside position.....to an onside position when the ball was played!

Shows the absolute worst of VAR, nobody on the pitch or in the stands complained of offside, nobody on the pitch could possibly judge that was offside as we're talking the scantest of millimetres, and yet the goal is chalked off regardless.

I thought VAR was meant to check dubious or uncertain decisions, rather than be utilised for stuff like this.

Also, the interpretation of the law as just stated on the commentary is absolute drivel, it doesn't matter than he was initially offside, he came back onside before the ball was played, and that's what counts, not that he was previously offside ffs.

Complete disgrace, and yet again we get screwed by VAR...

• Like 2

I like Video assistance. It improves every sport, I'm a Rugby fan and it is good. I don't blame VAR, I blame the absolutely, utterly useless people operating it.

That. Was. Not. Offside.

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

I can't believe this is what football is. It's an absolute farce.

This 

Beautiful pass by Vrancic. Superb composed touch and finish by Pukki. All disallowed incorrectly. I am incensed. How may VAR injustices are we going to suffer this season. 

It doesnt feel like swings and roundabouts. It doesnt feel like the sort of thing that will even itself out over the season

Sky reporting that VAR was categorically wrong - they apparently disallowed it because Pukki was offside prior to the ball being played even though he was clearly back onside when the ball was actually played!!!!!!

The VAR ref appears not to know the best known law in the game????????

• Like 1

As a fan I am incensed. Its a good job the players on the pitch cant see what I can see. How you are supposed to maintain your composure as a player when there has been such an injustice I have no idea because  I've ****ing lost mine. **** VAR

VAR is supposed to be for "clear and obvious mistakes"... how the hell is that clear and bloody obvious?!

Even the spurs fans on the live bbc feed are complaining that it was disallowed, I’m sure that’s what the Premier league wants