Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

City v Spurs match thread

NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley (C), Lewis; Tettey, Vrancic; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Byram, Amadou, Trybull, McLean, Cantwell, Srbeny 

SPURS (3-5-2): Gazzaniga; Alerweireld, Foyth, Vertonghen; Aurier, Ndombele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Sessegnon; Alli, Kane (C). Subs: Vorm (GK), Sanchez, Tanganga, Lamela, Dier, Skipp, Moura 

REFEREE: Kevin Friend 

VAR: Chris Kavanagh

What have Byram and Cantwell done to deserve being relegated to the bench?

Villa continue to leak goals (except against us of course 😟) 🙂

Edited by Crafty Canary

Watford’s hammering of villa makes our defeat even more annoying.

Dissapointed for Cantwell and Byram but glad to see Vrancic get a start and hoping Hernandez can give us something different.

Would be great to get a result today and end the year on a high (easy to forget that 2019 was actually a great year to be a canary!)

Disappointed with Steipermann, should have moved Cantwell inside and played Hernandez.

Byram has been very good, but Lewis is just ahead in my book.

DF had to make changes or people would have questioned his sanity after another loss, no matter how well we played.

I assume the amount of changes was dependent on how he wants to set up the team.

Changes were inevitable with the schedule at this time of year. Wouldn’t look at it as players being dropped, just rotated 

• Like 1

I would think that the changes made are quite understandable given the 2 turn round and next game in a few days. The squad needs rotation. A chance for Onel and Mario. Tough on Byram but Jamal will step up.

This has to be last chance for Stieperman. Bern massively disappointing this,season. Shame about Byram. Think we look better defensively with him but we have to rotate

17 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Would be great to get a result today and end the year on a high (easy to forget that 2019 was actually a great year to be a canary!)

Absolutely - this year has been amazing as a Norwich fan. While I accept the table makes grim reading, and a lot of people have thrown in the towel already, I choose to stay positive. 

• Like 2

Farke had to change it. We aren't scoring and we need to win now. Draws useless.

Marco and Mario have their chance. They did it in Championship.

Lewis is more attacking than Byram, Onel offers pace.

This is plan B.

I'm not expecting us to win this game. It's not one of the '9' I consider we might win. Just hopeful we can compete and play well and continue to play attractive football. A result with 1 or 3 points would be special.

Mario was the main man in us winning the title....Bit of a talisman. Nice to see him start for once.

Edited by sonyc

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Mario was the main man in us winning the title....Bit of a talisman. Nice to see him start for once.

He was the Simeon Jackson to Pukkis Grant Holt. Came alive in the last quarter of the season and pushed us over the line

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Speaking too soon I know, but shades of last season at the moment. Moving the ball so much better.

We look really good

• Like 1

I love our style of play. Here we are playing the same way as last year yet bottom of the table. No performance or set up like a Hughton PL team.