Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

So how many points will we have at the end of the season ?

Now we’re at the halfway stage of the season with just 12 points what’s your guess as to how many we’ll have after our last game at the Etihad

If we can pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat during the transfer window I’m hopeful we can muster another point a match giving a grand total of 31.

Not enough to avoid relegation of course but to make it interesting and give Nutty’s Rays Funds a piece of the action I’ll pledge a tenner for every point we get above 31 and if by some miracle we stay in this League I’ll contribute another £100 on top.

Anyone think we’ll do better ?

I think we'll get more than we got in the first half of the season but not enough to stay up. Bearing in mind that we'd need around 25 points or so to survive and that's the sort of total that Burnley, Newcastle and Palace have all got to sit comfortably in mid-table right now, I can't see us getting enough to keep our heads above water.

We can make 42 points, many will call me out on this, but we can muster 10 wins. We have 19 games left, and tbh how many teams have outplayed us so far this season over the 19 we have played? You can probably count them on one hand. We have been unfortunate, and you have to take your chances in this league. Pukki has missed far more than he has put away for sure, and had he taken those chances we could be 10/12 points better off. And we have hit the woodwork more often than any other prem side. How many have been cleared off the line Tetteyesk style like the last couple of games!

hopefully Lady Luck will Turn in our favour, and if Webber does the right thing and gets in another striker to share pukkis’ load, and we have another defender cb at our disposal (I personally think the last matches with Hanley back in next to Zimmerman, we look much more solid) we could prove the pundits wrong.

I mentioned it a while back, the season before winning the prem Leicester were six points adrift at the bottom of the table and nine wins saw them survive. They were 5000/1 for relegation the next season, and look what happened!

It is not impossible. We just need a big change in our fortunes, on and off the field.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

We can make 42 points, many will call me out on this, but we can muster 10 wins. We have 19 games left, and tbh how many teams have outplayed us so far this season over the 19 we have played? You can probably count them on one hand. We have been unfortunate, and you have to take your chances in this league. Pukki has missed far more than he has put away for sure, and had he taken those chances we could be 10/12 points better off. And we have hit the woodwork more often than any other prem side. How many have been cleared off the line Tetteyesk style like the last couple of games!

hopefully Lady Luck will Turn in our favour, and if Webber does the right thing and gets in another striker to share pukkis’ load, and we have another defender cb at our disposal (I personally think the last matches with Hanley back in next to Zimmerman, we look much more solid) we could prove the pundits wrong.

I mentioned it a while back, the season before winning the prem Leicester were six points adrift at the bottom of the table and nine wins saw them survive. They were 5000/1 for relegation the next season, and look what happened!

It is not impossible. We just need a big change in our fortunes, on and off the field.

This^^^

Football is a great game because it is often unpredictable and if a club is set up right, they can do something special that is against the odds...and we are set up right. 

Seriously why would anyone think we’re going to win more than three more games? Win ten out of 19, what planet are some people on? You do realise only the top four teams in the premiership have won ten games or more in the first 19 games and some on here think we can suddenly go into top four form for the second half of the season.

Dose of reality needed by some!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Seriously why would anyone think we’re going to win more than three more games? Win ten out of 19, what planet are some people on? You do realise only the top four teams in the premiership have won ten games or more in the first 19 games and some on here think we can suddenly go into top four form for the second half of the season.

Dose of reality needed by some!

Expect a reply anytime soon from Lakey.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Sorry Til but if we can scrape to 32 points and hope for catastrophic collapse from Southampton or West Ham to claim 17th would be a miracle, to think we’ll win 10 games in 19 is laughable!

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How about this Lakey? 

Yesterday is history,
tomorrow is a mystery,
and today is a gift...
that's why they call it present
Copyright Master Oogway, King Fu Panda. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Sorry Til but if we can scrape to 32 points and hope for catastrophic collapse from Southampton or West Ham to claim 17th would be a miracle, to think we’ll win 10 games in 19 is laughable!

It certainly is Indy bordering on pure fantasy.

I'll say 29 points due to us having less pressure once its clear we are down, so we'll have a slightly better second half of the season, also Pukki will have a run of good form towards the end of the season as he looks towards the Euro's and we'll know its a goodbye. 

Its better than a promoted team can expect when spending no money, we'll be punching above our weight. We went with a Championship side and therefore won't get a points tally sufficient to stay in the Premier League, its really quite simple.