Sign in to follow this  
Harry53

Is it time to introduce Adam Idah ?

Adam may not be proven at this or even Championship level, but considering we are not scoring goals is it not worth starting with him ? He knows where the back of the net is and is a tall, powerful striker. Maybe we should play with Adam and Teemu, or rest Teemu a little? 

One thing is for certain if we had taken the chances we have created in the last few games we would not be in the bottom 3.

Byrams is getting into good scoring positions and sadly not converting. Something has to change as we are not a million miles away from winning games. I often think a more direct ball out of the back would open defences up instead of our intricate build up play. It's very attractive but difficult to break down often 9 players in front of us.

So although we are conceding, that is not the main issue. Scoring goals is.

I am not confident that Marco or Dennis can cut it in the PL, so that's why i suggested that it could be time to introduce Adam. He could be a star in the making, just as Todd has shown he can be.

Adam is definitely behind Drmic & also Srbeny,  who will probably start v preston;  a bench slot is his best hope I think.   As such, and assuming Drmic regains fitness now he is back training,  I would look to loan Idah out for some competetive pitch time in the second half of the season.    Worked wonders for Cantwell & Maddison  and he seems to be in that phase of his career rather than a prem start.  

Certainly not at present whilst the deluded still believe we can stay up.  By throwing Adam in expecting him to score goals to provide a few crumbs of comfort is an unnecessary pressure for the lad.  Introduce Adam slowly a few appearances from the bench and maybe a few minutes if and when we are comfortable.  Next season in the championship will be a more appropriate for Adam to be fully integrated as it was for Max and Jamal.

There is no harm in giving him a bit of bench time and integrating him gradually. The future of NCFC is not Drmic or Srbeny and our whole model relies on bringing through the youngsters. Assuming there is no miracle this season we (for Farke's sake) will need to hit the ground running in the Championship and that means reaching out to more players for the rest of this season.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing him given a run from the bench instead of Srbeny, but when Drmic gets fit again we need to give him a crack of the whip. Starting with anyone other than Pukki would be madness in my opinion; he's having a bit of a dry spell, but he's still making the right runs, getting himself in scoring positions and usually hitting the target with his shots. Absolutely imperative that we stick with him as long as he's fit.

Edited by Feedthewolf

5 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Adam may not be proven at this or even Championship level, but considering we are not scoring goals is it not worth starting with him ? He knows where the back of the net is and is a tall, powerful striker. Maybe we should play with Adam and Teemu, or rest Teemu a little? 

One thing is for certain if we had taken the chances we have created in the last few games we would not be in the bottom 3.

Byrams is getting into good scoring positions and sadly not converting. Something has to change as we are not a million miles away from winning games. I often think a more direct ball out of the back would open defences up instead of our intricate build up play. It's very attractive but difficult to break down often 9 players in front of us.

So although we are conceding, that is not the main issue. Scoring goals is.

I am not confident that Marco or Dennis can cut it in the PL, so that's why i suggested that it could be time to introduce Adam. He could be a star in the making, just as Todd has shown he can be.

I’d try him against preston, he seriously cannot be any worse than Srbeny

We don't need to play someone instead of Pukki, we simply need to actually start giving him more to work with each game.

Yes, undoubtedly he's missed a few good chances lately, but in general, his supply has been pretty awful leaving him to work with scraps and the rare occasional through ball to run onto.

Tettey and Trybull have made us a bit more durable centrally, but we've lost all central midfield creativity without the likes of Vrancic or Leitner in there, McLean has been much improved lately in Stiepermann's position but is better at winning headers and making challenges rather than playing incisive balls to more attacking players, again leaving us relying on just Emi (and sometimes Cantwell) to get anything to Pukki.

Srbeny has looked much improved this season as well, and he deserves the chance to cover Pukki whilst Drmic is injured, and Idah will have to be patient because I think if Farke thought he was up to the task, he'd be on the bench ahead of Srbeny - and he isn't.

48 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Srbeny has looked much improved this season as well.

Interesting, how so? He's only played 39mins this season, and from what I've seen he has been utterly out of his depth. Even including his goal. The fact he didn't come on against Villa probably indicates Farke's opinion on him too. 

That's the great thing about football though. Two people can watch the same thing and have totally different conclusions! 

Just little things I've noticed suggest an improvement HC, his movement seems more focused, confidence is higher, his touch also appears to be somewhat better, and just generally looks a better player, even with such limited time to demonstrate such.

I'd argue that he didn't come on against Villa because our midfield was shot, with both Tettey and Trybull on Yellows (dangerous to make strong tackles late on when already booked and flagging in energy), and Buendia had run himself into the floor trying to make anything happen, thus all changes were midfield based, rather than replacing Pukki.

Either way, unless Farke makes changes earlier, it's almost a moot point, as it's extremely hard to impress with sub 10-minute appearances - regardless of whether it's Srbeny or Idah!

How can u say idah knows where the back of the net is without him playing at this or championship level.

Not the right time to blood him but he may get a chance towards end of the season