Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Connor Southwell

Losing Michael Bailey was obviously a big loss for Archant's team, but Connor looks a really strong replacement. A good piece of recruitment.

Connor is a great lad , one of our ncfsc volunteers so I know him well.

He will be pleased to read your comments which I ll make sure he sees.

7 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Losing Michael Bailey was obviously a big loss for Archant's team, but Connor looks a really strong replacement. A good piece of recruitment.

Yes Micheal Bailey was a loss, but his YouTube after match  vids are also spot on and brutally honest.

I find him boring as hell. Lots of platitudes & generalisations, no specifics, no performance assessments. I learn nothing from his videos. 

57 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I find him boring as hell. Lots of platitudes & generalisations, no specifics, no performance assessments. I learn nothing from his videos. 

Funny isn't it... I actually think he's more specific and analytical than any other pundit!

• Thanks 1

Must admit I havent seen any of his videos, still watch Michael Bailey's match reports and he's as good as ever. I tended to nod off during Dave Freezer's vids.

I don’t think Freezer will be best pleased Southwell has moved in on what was supposed to be his territory post Bailey (the video match reports).  But Southwell is much better at breaking the game down tactically and at times suggesting what a better tactical set up would be.

10 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I don’t think Freezer will be best pleased Southwell has moved in on what was supposed to be his territory post Bailey (the video match reports).  But Southwell is much better at breaking the game down tactically and at times suggesting what a better tactical set up would be.

With respect, that it a ludicrous comment. Connor writes well, but he has never had to set a team up. It is not quite the job that you appear to think it is. Daniel never has the benefit of hindsight. Suggested team before the event would be far more significant that post-match.

35 minutes ago, Pugin said:

With respect, that it a ludicrous comment. Connor writes well, but he has never had to set a team up. It is not quite the job that you appear to think it is. Daniel never has the benefit of hindsight. Suggested team before the event would be far more significant that post-match.

Which part is the ‘ludicrous’ comment? I’m not suggesting Conner grill Farke on his mistakes but for the benefit of viewers that want a bit of extra insight as to what may have been an improvement to tactics, that is useful. Otherwise you’re just giving a video match report.