Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Been pondering ...

This isn't a loaded question but a genuine query.

Do you think the players are content with the club investing humbly so that they can test themselves at the top table rather than lose their places to higher quality replacements ...

OR ...

Do you think they would prefer to see an influx of fresh faces to lift the squad's chances of survival even if that benched them (e.g Ruddy at Wolves)?

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

I think it’s likely to be the first one. And they probably genuinely appreciate the club backing them and giving such opportunities. Let’s hope they appreciate it enough to stick with us in what’s looking like a Championship campaign next year to try and get us back

4 minutes ago, JF said:

I think it’s likely to be the first one. And they probably genuinely appreciate the club backing them and giving such opportunities. Let’s hope they appreciate it enough to stick with us in what’s looking like a Championship campaign next year to try and get us back

Even if some wanted to stay the club would be delighted to sell to the highest bidder. 

Depends if you are a Pukki or a trybull. Pukki would be playing if we bought better players and therefore be in a better team getting better results. Trybull would not be playing. 

This would be the same for others. So some will be happy for there chances others will think what if. The what ifs will no doubt be finding out the answer next season elsewhere! 

Re sales: IMO one or two maybe, but all the players are on 4 year contracts, so I do not see a large scale sell off... Godfrey and Aarons to go for 50 mil. We’ll spend 10 mil on new players, cover a 20 mil operating loss and put the rest towards a new City Stand. 

Edited by Surfer

In any sensible business that would be the rule for everyone, there is a market price for every asset. So maybe you don’t mean “massive” you just mean “any” .... ? 

Our players can now add “ I’ve played a season in the premier league “ to their cv’s, I think they’ll be happy with that.

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Re sales: IMO one or two maybe, but all the players are on 4 year contracts, so I do not see a large scale sell off... Godfrey and Aarons to go for 50 mil. We’ll spend 10 mil on new players, cover a 20 mil operating loss and put the rest towards a new City Stand. 

Nobody will pay these fantasy figures for Godfrey and Aaron’s. The are miles away from being good enough at this level. It’s paper talk. And btw a big part of our problem. Aaron’s was poor tonight

Good question CC . I would imagine that things have changed a bit from the start of season ( slight understatement) , that massive high and confidence taken a big hit .Probably thought they could take them all on .... I did for what it’s worth .  Reckon they like being Premier League players now on the bench or playing , with all the benefits, and would now appreciate a hand ( slight understatement) . Would give the squad a lift , assuming of course that theoretical higher quality replacements do what they say on the tin . 
What’s your take ? 

1 hour ago, Pockthorpe said:

Good question CC . I would imagine that things have changed a bit from the start of season ( slight understatement) , that massive high and confidence taken a big hit .Probably thought they could take them all on .... I did for what it’s worth .  Reckon they like being Premier League players now on the bench or playing , with all the benefits, and would now appreciate a hand ( slight understatement) . Would give the squad a lift , assuming of course that theoretical higher quality replacements do what they say on the tin . 
What’s your take ? 

I agree with Hardhouse44 ...

I would imagine that Pukki and Buendia are thinking that they've out grown the club ... and maybe Godrey and Aarons too. All 4 could well be Premier League players next season - but not in yellow sadly.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Nobody will pay these fantasy figures for Godfrey and Aaron’s. The are miles away from being good enough at this level. It’s paper talk. And btw a big part of our problem. Aaron’s was poor tonight

Then we'll keep them, they are under contract for 4 years. 

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Even if some wanted to stay the club would be delighted to sell to the highest bidder. 

Come on Midlands, I can't believe you actually mean that. It's inevitable we will sell one or two to balance the books, and it'll be the ones who say to their agents that they want to move onwards and upwards. No chance we'll be shifting players on against their will.

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

Then we'll keep them, they are under contract for 4 years. 

Really no point in keeping an unhappy player, as Nelson Oliviera demonstrated perfectly with his 6 month long 'pot shot' rebellion. 

If a player submits a written transfer request their agent will be told the price. 

I fully expect Pukki to be gone, just can't see him fancying a year in the Championship. He'll consider England to be ticked off his list and he'll try his luck in a new league.... Spain/Italy/France. Just can't see him staying, his stock is too high, especially if he scores a goal or two in the Euro's in the summer.

Not sure about Buendia/Aarons/Godfrey, latter two may give us another year to see if we can make an instant return, there is a bit of a queue for England spots at the moment (especially at right back) and they may consider themselves to have time on their side. Can see Buendia wanting a Premier League move as he has aspirations of playing for Argentina. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a few of our more average players want a move really, Vrancic took a long time to settle and must be frustrated with his lack of football. Leitner's time possibly up here.

We'll need to shuffle the deck a bit in the summer, see a few ins and a few outs. 

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Come on Midlands, I can't believe you actually mean that. It's inevitable we will sell one or two to balance the books, and it'll be the ones who say to their agents that they want to move onwards and upwards. No chance we'll be shifting players on against their will.

Look up Reeves and Eadie. Nothing changes at Norwich. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Look up Reeves and Eadie. Nothing changes at Norwich. 

There will be enough players who submit transfer requests this summer that we won't need to sell players who don't want to leave. The fact we once sold someone against their will 35 years ago has sod all to do with our current situation. Utterly irrelevant.

History of this club selling whether they need to or not is relevant. We will see by the start of next season. Hopefully we get the ground updated with the proceeds of the sales. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

History of this club selling whether they need to or not is relevant. We will see by the start of next season. Hopefully we get the ground updated with the proceeds of the sales. 

Yeah, time will tell. No point arguing about it now!

3 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Depends if you are a Pukki or a trybull. Pukki would be playing if we bought better players and therefore be in a better team getting better results. Trybull would not be playing. 

This would be the same for others. So some will be happy for there chances others will think what if. The what ifs will no doubt be finding out the answer next season elsewhere! 

Turn that around though.... and staying up this season is the only chance Trybull has of ever playing in the Premier League again, whereas Pukki will probably generate some interest from the likes of Everton or Bournemouth in the summer after relegation.

Pukki gets his shop window (and another one for Finland in the summer), Trybull drifts back into footballing obscurity. 

ps. I thought Trybull was one of our best players today. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten