Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

At the start of a new decade....

We will have a young exciting team worth a small fortune. The increased likelihood of expansion and ground development with a generation of new supporters will hopefully be attracted to the club. There are however, some major gaps and areas that need remedial action to continue a general upward trend.

Questions? Will the new decade see us properly cementing a place in the PL?

Are we going to see a real challenge to win the FA cup or another league cup?

Is our recent record of unsustainable injuries going to lighten up?

Are that shower down the road going to give us a competitive game in the next ten years, having failed to do so in the last ten?

Will investment eventually come to city like it has for other sides?

Will another Martin Peters type/status of player start for city?

After Herr Farke, will another foreign manager be at the helm?

Well we've another year to go before we start the new one ... so plenty of time to consider your excellent questions... 

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Well we've another year to go before we start the new one ... so plenty of time to consider your excellent questions... 

Oh no we haven't

9 hours ago, Surfer said:

Ha, ha. Did some one pass on an old calendar as a Christmas present Surfer?

Of all the questions I'm hoping Farke stays and is allowed to develop this exciting team and we don't just go for the journey man manager if the worst comes our way

16 hours ago, East Rider said:

Will the new decade see us properly cementing a place in the PL? 

No-not with our current financial restrictions. 

Are we going to see a real challenge to win the FA cup or another league cup?

No-can't remember the last decent cup run we had.

Is our recent record of unsustainable injuries going to lighten up?

Hopefully. If any of the injuries have been due to new training methods (not saying they have been), then you'd hope they'd learn from that.

Are that shower down the road going to give us a competitive game in the next ten years, having failed to do so in the last ten?

I actually hope they up their game - it's like playing your 8 year old nephew at air hockey and smashing them again and again. Eventually, you let the little sod win as you feel sorry for them. 

Will investment eventually come to city like it has for other sides?

If we are to progress as a club, it's a must.

Will another Martin Peters type/status of player start for city?

From all I hear, Martin Peters was one of, if not the most, complete player we've ever had at our club. Fingers crossed we can find another!

After Herr Farke, will another foreign manager be at the helm?

These things go in cycles. It'll be a British manager next.

OTBC

• Thanks 1

2020 will arrive and we will be in the Premier League, we will have a valuable squad of players, a brilliant crop of young players being excellently coached and looked after and who will be seeing a pathway to the first team. We will be totally viable as a club with no meaningful debts to anyone inside or outside the club, we will own the stadium and the land around it, we will continue with the progressive approach to the football with a scintillating style of football that should work at any level - including the PL either this season or later on in the club's development.

Ten years on from being in League 1.......

For me, I never look past the next game. It is no good saying what we might have. Those players might not be here and there is nothing to say the younger players not in the squad can make it.

The fact is, we aren't bottom of the league because of what other clubs have spent, VAR, poor defending or missing chances. We , at the moment, are not good enough overall to stay in this division.

I, like many others, thought we had the talent to be mid table. I liked DF's philosophy and believed our attacking talent could keep us above the drop.

But it hasn't worked out that way and to be honest, I have only missed watching three games, then in my opinion, Tim Krul has been our stand out this season.

I thought the same in Alex Neill's PL outing. And we didn't survive that either. He made continuous mistakes after that Newcastle defeat.

And I think DF is now making mistakes with this squad. Its an opinion so I don't need jumping on as hating him. I like his style but that doesn't stop him making mistakes within that style.

To continuously lose to the teams we need to beat, those in the bottom eight seems to indicate we are vulnerable. And he hasn't identified that vulnerability because it keeps happening. That doesn't make him a bad coach but just indicates just how difficult it is becoming for so many clubs in the bottom half of the EPL. And at the moment, too many of those clubs are picking up more points than us and leaving us adrift.

But I am not downhearted. There will be more matches, the worst we can be is back in the Championship and still a dewcent club within that league.

• Like 1