lake district canary

Frustrating, but so proud of the way we are playing.

Lakey is happy we are on target to be top26.. he is positive when I, as someone that has watched us since 1972, am depressed that we are bottom of the league. I wish losing mattered as little to me as it does to Lakey... oh to be so happy even when facts point to the exact opposite. 

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Lakey is happy we are on target to be top26.. he is positive when I, as someone that has watched us since 1972, am depressed that we are bottom of the league. I wish losing mattered as little to me as it does to Lakey... oh to be so happy even when facts point to the exact opposite. 

Lakey is not happy to be bottom of the league, lakey does not want to be relegated.  All Lakey thinks is that there is still half a season to go and that we are not far off from beating teams nearly every week and that with just a tiny bit of adjustment, we can be winning these games that are coming up - if we keep the levels up. 

Many would say we did enough to beat Leicester, Sheff Utd, Wolves and now Villa. That's four games on the trot we have looked good enough for long spells in matches where a little better finishing or even a small amount of luck we would have been out of sight in those matches. 

Those of you that have given up, or think the season is over, I would say just remember last season when you were saying we were heading for League 1, or that we were useless  and Farke was rubbish.......and yes, its the same detractors that are at it again. No stomach for the contest, throw their toys out of the pram when things get tough. It's not a surprise I suppose, easy to lose the plot, but as Mass Debater says, he wants to enjoy this season. Well the rest of you, bl***y well enjoy it and get behind the players and the club and believe we can improve results and make a fight of it.  Even if we are relegated, we can at least enjoy the battles ahead and try and pick up enough results to make it interesting to the end of the season and who knows........

.....or you can just shout your mouths off at the players, the manager, the owners, bleat about everything that is wrong with the club......just like you did last season when things weren't going your way.....and what happened?? Oh yeah...we ended up going on an unprecented run of results and unbelievable success. 

So it's definitely a case of "ye of little faith" and it is too early to write us off - there is a long way to go yet.

• Like 1

You tell 'em LDC... I still think we have too high a hurdle to overcome, but I will enjoy the rest of the season because the team is cleary talented and we are in most games on at least an equal basis.

We are a class side who can clearly hold their own against most.

Results suggest that something is lacking which cannot just be put down to injuries.

Our route to goal, although scintillating at times, is somewhat one dimensional.

In this respect I feel that one of the biggest disappointments of he season thus far has been the virtual non appearance of Drmic. 

He never seems to be available to add that slice of variety up front. That height and that muscle to give defenders something else to concern themselves with.

Perhaps Jordan Rhodes wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

We did deserve to win today but clearly we arent quite good enough. Shame but let's see what the rest of the season brings..

Sensible post. Some of the stuff being posted on here right now is ridiculous and close on hysterical. I've read comments about "Worst team in 50 years" and some personal attacks on our owners. Calm down. Relax. There's still much to be positive about. I don't think we're that far away from scrambling a collection of points. We've been so unlucky. I think we should just back the team, accept that this season is a free hit and look towards longer term growth. For clubs like us, it's about the longer game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Sensible post. Some of the stuff being posted on here right now is ridiculous and close on hysterical. I've read comments about "Worst team in 50 years" and some personal attacks on our owners. Calm down. Relax. There's still much to be positive about. I don't think we're that far away from scrambling a collection of points. We've been so unlucky. I think we should just back the team, accept that this season is a free hit and look towards longer term growth. For clubs like us, it's about the longer game.

Of course you're correct. Graham Potter got it right last week when he said you're never as bad as people say, you're also never as good.

The hysterics I simply put down to over-indulgence in terms of alcohol over the festive period!

The only thing we are on the verge of is relegation. Yes there are things to be proud of with our performances but this is not Strictly Come Dancing, nothing is awarded for style. We are lightweight pushovers. Our league position is depressing humiliating and embarrassing. Heyho money in the bank that's the main thing.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The only thing we are on the verge of is relegation. Yes there are things to be proud of with our performances but this is not Strictly Come Dancing, nothing is awarded for style. We are lightweight pushovers. Our league position is depressing humiliating and embarrassing. Heyho money in the bank that's the main thing.

Possibly a bit OTT.

34 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Of course you're correct. Graham Potter got it right last week when he said you're never as bad as people say, you're also never as good.

The hysterics I simply put down to over-indulgence in terms of alcohol over the festive period!

What's the reason for it the rest of the year, then? 😉

• Haha 1

I agree with most of what you say Capt Pants, except the "humiliating and embarrassing" bit. We are bottom of one of the best leagues in Europe, it is what it is. I have said it before and I will say it again, it will be interesting to see who the two other teams are that come down with us, if it is Villa then that nails the myth you need to spend big to survive or if Villa survive two of the more established sides are coming down with us, either way there is nothing to be embarrassed or humiliated about. I know some do not agree with my statement that we are not quite good enough, rather than us being a bad team, when we have had a fully fit side we have done OK and a lot of our results have come down to fine margins, apparently only Manchester City have hit the framework of the goal more than us. I do not disagree with those that say we could have spent a little more in the summer and I believe if we had we might have given ourselves a fighting chance of staying up. At the risk of being pigeon holed as a "Percy Positive" I am going to enjoy the rest of the season, regardless of what happens. OTBC and a Happy New Year............

12 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I agree with most of what you say Capt Pants, except the "humiliating and embarrassing" bit. We are bottom of one of the best leagues in Europe, it is what it is. I have said it before and I will say it again, it will be interesting to see who the two other teams are that come down with us, if it is Villa then that nails the myth you need to spend big to survive or if Villa survive two of the more established sides are coming down with us, either way there is nothing to be embarrassed or humiliated about. I know some do not agree with my statement that we are not quite good enough, rather than us being a bad team, when we have had a fully fit side we have done OK and a lot of our results have come down to fine margins, apparently only Manchester City have hit the framework of the goal more than us. I do not disagree with those that say we could have spent a little more in the summer and I believe if we had we might have given ourselves a fighting chance of staying up. At the risk of being pigeon holed as a "Percy Positive" I am going to enjoy the rest of the season, regardless of what happens. OTBC and a Happy New Year............

That’s the key.......to enjoy the rest of the season, I’ve enjoyed the way we play, the positive comments by the pundits this time, the fact we’ve been picked for more TV games than the high flying Sheffield side.......the way our youngsters are learning improving and the way we’re not being blown away, apart from Villa at home.

Enjoy the season, no god given right to be here, the manager and players earned the right to play top flight football, learning this season what is required at this level.

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

I feel like we've heard this before...

I know I have. We've been going to hell in a handcart for ten years. We must be on the scenic route though. And what a ride it's been🙃