Sign in to follow this  
Alan Tompkins

Doncaster Must Go

In your column you state that the most important thing between club and supporters is Trust.

We have been lied to over Ashton''s sale.

We were told that the club didn''t have to sell for financial stability.Was this just another lie?

You have now stated that selling our best player is in the best longterm interests of the club.How is this possible?

Nigel told us a couple of weeks ago that without Dean,our chances of reaching the playoffs were nil.

You Have Lost Our Trust Neal so please go.

Its fair enough the club being sneeky when trying to buy players, and stop other teams getting them, but they are now being sneeky to us fans,

How does Worthy have 2million to bid on Morrisson, spend no more on transfer fees, and then he hasn''t got 50k to spend on Robbo?!

Also, How was he saying there was no bids in?! there clearly was. In was reported in the Daily Mail that on friday that he was going to West-Ham, this was denied, why deny it?

Also, was it a ploy to send out these season ticket renewal forms at the time they did?? Were they trying to get us to sign away more of our money before the s**t hits the fan and we realise we will be watching a half rate team next season??

Completely agree.   All this rubbish about "the fans are the most important ...........", "prudence with AMBITION"  - absolute dire rubbish.Doncaster  - hop it.  Munby - do the same.  Unless Worthy goes and goes soon, you can stick your Season Tickets where the sun doesn''t shine!   

Get real you lot. It was obvious Ashton would go when the chance of promotion faded. Lets be honest we conceed too many goals to have any chance of reaching the play offs. It has been obvious for months that we would be lucky to finish in the top half and Ashtons presence has made no difference to that.

As to getting rid of Delia and the board, all I can say is you lot have very short memories and a complete lack of gratitude to the people who saved this club from going out of business. Being a supporter of a club the size of Norwich will always be ups and downs. Youve had the ups and now you have to live with the downs. So what, its happened before and will happen again. Managers and players come and go but the Club goes on forever. OTBC

Although I agree with you about the club being saved by the Smiths,they are now destroying it piece by piece by asset stripping(selling good players and bringing in cheap rubbish).

The Club may go on forever,and i''ll always support the Canaries,but how things are going,it will only survive in the future by playing teams like Peterborough,Rushden & Diamonds,Northampton Town,Boston Utd....etc,etc.

Unless the Fans take a stand like we did against Chase and stop this madness,we will be watching League 2/Conference football in the not to distant future and I for one think that this is below this Club.

Managers and Players come and go as you say,but so do Chairmen,Chief Execs and other senior staff.And this is what is needed at this present time.

............. (pinching of skin) ............ ricardo ... surely I am not actually reading this correctly. Someone on this message board is actually posting a sensible, accurate and intelligent post!!? Join the minority club mate. 

Alan, while I appreciate your disappointment at the way things have gone recently I do not think there is even the remotest possibility of being classed in the same breath as Rushden and Northampton. We are a mid table team this year and this is where we are likely to finish. We will always struggle to maintain ourselves as a Premiership side as we are unlikely ever to have the resources of the Big (and not so big) boys. If you want continual success go and support Chelsea or Man U. With Norwich it will always be up and down. Thats been the reality of the last fifty years and I see no reason why this should change.

oh god, i can''t bear this. the insane ramblings are back! why are people so incapable of looking at things rationally?

a large offer comes in for a player that doubles our investment in him

in a year and the player decides he wants to go. you call this asset

stripping? destroying the club piece by piece? listen to yourselves!

i''ve never hear anything so absurd.

and i''ve missed something here with all this "doncaster has lied to us" business. when was this exactly and what did he say?

Neil Doncaster stated yesterday that there were no offers for Deano, and that we didnt need to sell. So how is it then that reports today say that he had been discussing personal terms all day yesterday? Ok. And as for the groin strain. Lies. And selling our best "assets" isnt really the way to promotion. The thought of Worthy with all that money to spend is absolutely scary! How much dross will there be at the club come the end of the season?

Doncaster is just from the Alisatair Campbell / Rupert Lowe / Peter Mandelson school of smarmy w@nkers. I bet his granny is penniless. I understand the need for discretion and privacy, but spinning outright lies to the clubs supporters is irreprehensible. Listening to him on Sky this morning was awful. He knew all along Ashton was going - to turn around the day before and deny all knowledge isnt on.

The board have been great in their time - I put it down to loyalty and naivity that Worthy is still in charge. I wouldnt want this to change - I sincerely hope the next manager is given as much time, money and resources as the current one.

Get real boys and girls. This was always going to happen once the lad had (and rightly so) decided that his career and personal development were not going to progress at the pace necessary for him here. As for the spin etc, the club have simply behaved as any company in any industry does in managing the PR/media.

On Friday I suspect there was no acceptable offer, and even at 5.45 yesterday when Worthy stated on Radio Norfolk that "there were no offers acceptable to Norwich City" who would have been correct - until agreed by the board (which it was later than that) it is not accepted from a legal perspective, and therefore can''t be stated any differently: it prejudices all parties if it is.

I am sorry to see Deano go, but it''s good business on a 12 month investment, and I''m equally sure that if we were sitting where Palace are (and playing like them too) then like Andy Johnson he too would be staying put until the end of the season - after all change always = risk for an individual.

time to move on I''m afraid - and address the real challenges which are a distinct lack of general quality on the pitch (one that one want-away individual couldn''t change) and the no doubt incredibly low morale in the dressing room after yesterday. Some fresh legs may help, but I suspect some fresh ideas on the management front may be more so. Seeing as how the club behave in such a correct businerss manner (and I''ve dealt with the chairman in a non-football busineess context too so I''m not surprised) this will be done in the summer as a ful;l evaluation of this season takes place and the planning for the next couple does too. Don''t expect anything before then you WO''s out there.

[quote user="a1canary"]oh god, i can''t bear this. the insane ramblings are back! why are people so incapable of looking at things rationally?

a large offer comes in for a player that doubles our investment in him in a year and the player decides he wants to go. you call this asset stripping? destroying the club piece by piece? listen to yourselves! i''ve never hear anything so absurd.

and i''ve missed something here with all this "doncaster has lied to us" business. when was this exactly and what did he say?
[/quote]

It''s just you and me then, a1. "Asset stripping"! - who brought Ashton in? Making a 100% profit on a player is not asset stripping. These people can''t see the real problems because of the hysterical garbage they''re inventing. It''s pathetic.

We may be midtable but only 4 more games and we will be in the drop zone.

With our squad we have,I can''t see us picking up many more points.

Look how we''ve struggled whenever Ashton has not been on the pitch.

Here Here every time this "***" opens his mouth it appears to be a lie, he would be better off keeping quiet, or better still moving out of the club.  I know someone who sat with Ashton yesterday in the exec box and he said that he was definitely not going to West Brom or Everton so it was totally obvious the deal to West Ham was done then.  Also no doubt he will be "fit" for the FA cup on Saturday (was the injury another lie, or part of the West Ham Deal)