Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Most frustrating season since Roeder

This raises an interesting question, I get the OP but tend to agree we have a fantastic coach and an exciting young team.

Nack to the interesting question, each time we have got promotion to the premiership, how much have we spent in the summer compared to January trying to firefight relegation?

I would imagine we’ve spent far more on panic buys in January than sensible gambles in the summer?

We played brilliantly today to be honest for much of the match, looked far better than Villa and completely outplayed them for most of it. Sadly you can't win games unless you score goals.

• Like 1

Indy I agree. Love our manager and think we have some amazing talent - I just feel they needed 3/4 players to be competitive. And that is where the lack of spend kicks in. Also agree we always panic buy jan and leave it too late - Ashton and Klose being prime examples of players who, had we signed them in September, might have kept us up 

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

We played brilliantly today to be honest for much of the match, looked far better than Villa and completely outplayed them for most of it. Sadly you can't win games unless you score goals.

Agreed  but i think Pukki is definitely  feeling the effects from that toe injury, and the guy needs a rest ,we are burning him out.

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Investment does not guarantee staying up, little or no investment 100% guarantees relegation. Silly argument 

No but building on areas which clearly require attention should be invested in. It’s always about investing in the areas at the right time.

DCB , yep we should have spent more in the summer, the problem comes on who at the time! I suppose that’s why we employ scouts.