Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Still in there fighting - and we WILL improve results.

We are still in this league and as long as we are we are in with a chance.  That isn't straw clutching, it isn't desperation, it's a fact.  There doesn't need to be animosity about it, there doesn't need to be defeatism about it either, but giving up at this stage is just wet blanket time.  Wew have twelve points and we are still just a couple of wins from getting back in the mix.

It's just hard at the moment because we aren't getting the rewards for our good play, but keep that level of performance up and we will start winning and picking up points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We outplayed Villa, we were tactically better that they were, we showed more composure, we had the better chances, we were unlucky in front of goal - only Man city have hit the woodwork more than us this season - and we hit it twice in this game.

Those are positives.  If we start getting the rub of the green and putting a few chances away, we are going to put three or four past someone soon.

I think it’s important to stay positive. There is no way we are relegated on 26th December. No way!

That said, being realistic it is very difficult to see how we are going to get out of this but it CAN be done, anyone saying otherwise is being rather silly if I dare say so.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

We outplayed Villa, we were tactically better that they were, we showed more composure, we had the better chances, we were unlucky in front of goal - only Man city have hit the woodwork more than us this season - and we hit it twice in this game.

Those are positives.  If we start getting the rub of the green and putting a few chances away, we are going to put three or four past someone soon.

We can say that in over half a dozen games this season, yet we failed to get a win out of any of them. We are just not good enough in this division. It’s not down to misfortune; if we had more quality we might have got the points.

To stay up we probably need the equivalent of 8 wins or more from our final 19 games - do you think this is likely?

• Like 1

"we aren't getting the rewards for our good play, but keep that level of performance up and we will start winning and picking up points."

👍

•  

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We are still in this league and as long as we are we are in with a chance.  That isn't straw clutching, it isn't desperation, it's a fact.  There doesn't need to be animosity about it, there doesn't need to be defeatism about it either, but giving up at this stage is just wet blanket time.  Wew have twelve points and we are still just a couple of wins from getting back in the mix.

It's just hard at the moment because we aren't getting the rewards for our good play, but keep that level of performance up and we will start winning and picking up points.

If you've watched all of the last four matches (Sheffield United, Leicester, Wolves and Villa), can you honestly tell me we haven't played well? If we do go down, it'll be because of a lack of investment in the playing squad over the summer. Today we defended all our set pieces well, defended very well (apart from Trybull not being arsed to track Grealish for the goal), hit the bar, had one cleared off the line, keeper made several good saves... get behind the players and the manager FFS. If we do go down (and I accept it's likely), the summer is the time to take stock. We're not going to simply attract a billionaire overnight and pump £100m in over the window, and even if we did it'd probably upset the squad as much as it enhances it.

This is the way we've cut our cloth. We've got a likeable, talented manager who has got a bunch of intelligent, likeable footballers playing above their level. I can get behind that, and I hope everyone else continues to get behind it too. One city, one club. OTBC.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I too am the utter optimist. However, Norwich city tend to be creatures of habit when it comes to scenarios like this.

For example is anyone really genuinely surprised we play Wolves, Villa, Sheff Utd (first half), Arsenal, Palace, Leicester and Man utd literally off the park for a vast majority of those games, creating an astonishing amount of chances yet end up with virtually nothing?

This has a typical Norwich season written all over it and it is a real shame for us as without those horrendous injuries it could have been so different.

We are going down Lakey, for me i have always thought that would be the case, we are not a bad side, we are just not good enough. It is a shame that we did not have the finances to enable us to make signings that would give us a fighting chance of staying up. I intend to enjoy the rest of the season. It will be interesting to see what team we put out in the Championship next season.

We have played like this, too much and not getting results. 
exactly what is going to make any difference if we do not chsnge. 
Beating Man City relegates us. Too many harking back to that as our yardstick. It is not. 
we are not good enough and do not how to get better

Yes we’ve  played Villa off the pitch today. As we did against several other opponents lately. You don’t get points for that though and our inability to punish teams when we’re dominating has cost us. We’re going down I’m afraid. We just don’t have enough quality to turn performances into results 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

B0lll0cks to everything . I hate footballl and I’m never going again. Stop being so positive . It’s cr4p. 

A very good evening to you all . 

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The season before Leicester won the prem league title,  at xmas the season before they were six points adrift at the bottom at xmas and a run of 9 wins later saw them safe. Its not impossible.  

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We are still in this league and as long as we are we are in with a chance.  That isn't straw clutching, it isn't desperation, it's a fact.

No it isn't. At this rate we will mathematically relegated with 6 or 7 games left. 

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

The season before Leicester won the prem league title,  at xmas the season before they were six points adrift at the bottom at xmas and a run of 9 wins later saw them safe. Its not impossible.  

I don’t think anyone thinks it’s impossible, just extremely unlikely. Especially considering we clearly don’t have the quality of that Leicester side.

You just knew it would be Lakey to be the first of the Percy Positives to put his head above the wall, however he will be joined by the usual others in the next few hours once they have licked their wounds. 😜😂

2 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:
21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We are still in this league and as long as we are we are in with a chance.  That isn't straw clutching, it isn't desperation, it's a fact.

No it isn't. At this rate we will mathematically relegated with 6 or 7 games left. 

All it needs is one or two good wins....and the way we have been playing we can surely all see that we are capable of winning matches.  We are almost brilliant to watch for a lot of the time and a goal or two will change the perspective completely.

Just now, lake district canary said:

All it needs is one or two good wins....and the way we have been playing we can surely all see that we are capable of winning matches.  We are almost brilliant to watch for a lot of the time and a goal or two will change the perspective completely.

As always, like the positivity. Agreed, I have seen we are capable of winning matches. 

Unfortunately I have seen far more evidence of our ability to lose football matches this season. The table doesn't lie and expecting a dramatic revival implies more hope than any form of evidence. 

I think we were promoted a season too early, and therefore were not ready for the premier this season.  Not having the finances to sign enough quality players, plus not having the depth in the squad to cope with the inevitable injuries throughout the season, has brought us to the halfway point in the season without enough points.  Doesn't mean I think we should sack the board, the manager, make knee jerk signing we can't afford in a vain attempt to stay up etc.  It is what it is, disappointing yes, but we're not strong enough this season to stay up.  We do play some nice stuff, but results don't lie more often that not.

I do hope we can still bend a few noses in the second half of the season, develop our squad further, attract promising new talent to bulk out the academy, hang on to Webber and Farke (and yes the board too).  I expect a few of our top players will move on, but I fully expect we will find interesting replacements who we will all support fully whichever league we are in next year.  But I'm 95% certain that will be the championship.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

More please Lakey more ! This is fantastic.