Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Still in there fighting - and we WILL improve results.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

All it needs is one or two good wins....and the way we have been playing we can surely all see that we are capable of winning matches.  We are almost brilliant to watch for a lot of the time and a goal or two will change the perspective completely.

The club pay you for this PR don’t they ?

9 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

No it isn't. At this rate we will mathematically relegated with 6 or 7 games left. 

It is a fact. We are still in this league, and we're still in with a chance. Probability suggests it's very unlikely for us to stay up, but we still have a chance, however slim.

I can see the logic in people writing off the rest of the season and not letting the hope kill them, and I don't believe in my heart of hearts that we're going to stay up. But most teams cut adrift at Christmas look woefully inadequate, lacking in confidence, getting thumped by teams, heads going down... I don't see any of that, which is great.

If we can win two on the bounce at any time between now and the end of January, we'll have a squeak. Unlikely, but not impossible.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The club pay you for this PR don’t they ?

Just as well they don't pay fans to be negative, or we'd have been bankrupt years ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do understand that in spirit this post is acceptable.

However I do believe this 'ah well, we couldn't expect better, maybe next week!' mentality is factoring in to our lack of determination this season.

It's the rhetoric constantly coming out of the media this season, that we didn't expect to be here, that other teams have spent more and we really should just be grateful to play a part, that we have to support the team in the face of adversity.

We can out-play and out-think teams all the live-long day but not being able to even being able to fluke ourselves to a draw is unacceptable and it's about time we stopped kidding that it isn't. 

Project or not, we don't go to Carrow Road every fortnight and all over the country in-between to blame a ****ing throw-in as the reason we lost.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

It is a fact. We are still in this league, and we're still in with a chance. Probability suggests it's very unlikely for us to stay up, but we still have a chance, however slim.

I can see the logic in people writing off the rest of the season and not letting the hope kill them, and I don't believe in my heart of hearts that we're going to stay up. But most teams cut adrift at Christmas look woefully inadequate, lacking in confidence, getting thumped by teams, heads going down... I don't see any of that, which is great.

If we can win two on the bounce at any time between now and the end of January, we'll have a squeak. Unlikely, but not impossible.

No it isn't, I'm saying at this rate we will have a fair few games where we are in the league but a mathematically impossible chance of staying up.

To say "while you are in a league, you have a chance" is certainly not a fact. 

Just now, HertsCanary93 said:

No it isn't, I'm saying at this rate we will have a fair few games where we are in the league but a mathematically impossible chance of staying up.

To say "while you are in a league, you have a chance" is certainly not a fact. 

Ah, I was arguing something else. I think the original post was more an "until the fat lady sings" kind of a thing, everyone knows that when you're mathematically down you're... er... mathematically down 🙂

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

All it needs is one or two good wins....and the way we have been playing we can surely all see that we are capable of winning matches.  We are almost brilliant to watch for a lot of the time and a goal or two will change the perspective completely.

At the start of the season you said we could possibly finish the top four - why would anyone take you seriously?! 🤷🏻‍♂️😂🤣

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Just as well they don't pay fans to be negative, or we'd have been bankrupt years ago.

Your going to look silly defending him today.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Your going to look silly defending him today.

I'm determined to enjoy supporting my club for the second half of the season. I'm not saying I think we're going to stay up, I'm just saying that I think we're playing some pretty decent football to watch and there is a chance our results could improve. Totally understand that people want to let off steam after another defeat, and I'm not picking fights with anyone. Just saying I want to enjoy the rest of the season as best I can, and there's still a bit of hope based on some of the football we've been playing.

• Like 2

I agree we have played better recently but i feel we need to attack faster rather than our meticulous build up play. 

We can stay up but we need to find a way to score goals. 

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I'm determined to enjoy supporting my club for the second half of the season. I'm not saying I think we're going to stay up, I'm just saying that I think we're playing some pretty decent football to watch and there is a chance our results could improve. Totally understand that people want to let off steam after another defeat, and I'm not picking fights with anyone. Just saying I want to enjoy the rest of the season as best I can, and there's still a bit of hope based on some of the football we've been playing.

It’s lovely football I agree but the end product is lacking. The fact we can’t defend isn’t helping and the table makes you weep. 

Lakey though is giving anyone with brain cells a good chuckle tonight and I hope he carries on. 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s lovely football I agree but the end product is lacking. The fact we can’t defend isn’t helping and the table makes you weep. 

Lakey though is giving anyone with brain cells a good chuckle tonight and I hope he carries on. 

I feel the pain as much as anyone, but I watch football for enjoyment so I try to accentuate the positives as much as I can. Doesn't mean I'm blind to our shortcomings, but I like this manager and this style of football so I'll stick with them to the bitter end.

If we're mid-table in the Championship this time next year, ask me again – until then, I'll take it in my stride.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I agree almost entirely with these sentiments and if we can somehow find the secret formula to either see out a game or win from a dominating position then results will follow. 

Unfortunately and quite probably too late to stop what is looking like the inevitable though.

Brilliant last season in the championship.

Not so good this season, probably will get relegated.

Club is in good financial shape.

Ground full every week last season and this season.

It is only a game.

What do you want as a fan ?

Good football or watching a bunch of overpaid footballers losing and ncfc going out of business.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

We outplayed Villa, we were tactically better that they were, we showed more composure, we had the better chances, we were unlucky in front of goal - only Man city have hit the woodwork more than us this season - and we hit it twice in this game.

Those are positives.  If we start getting the rub of the green and putting a few chances away, we are going to put three or four past someone soon.

We are over half way in to the season, about time we starting making our own luck? I see you are repeating amazon commentary stats, please don’t leave out villas first double over a team in the premier league in over 6 years

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

We are still in this league and as long as we are we are in with a chance.  That isn't straw clutching, it isn't desperation, it's a fact.  There doesn't need to be animosity about it, there doesn't need to be defeatism about it either, but giving up at this stage is just wet blanket time.  Wew have twelve points and we are still just a couple of wins from getting back in the mix.

It's just hard at the moment because we aren't getting the rewards for our good play, but keep that level of performance up and we will start winning and picking up points.

I like the optimism. I suspect we are heading back to the Championship in bottom place, however. 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that either. We’re a young side who will have gained a lot from this year. I think we’ll be a better side for this year, even if it carries on, on this trajectory. 

I agree that we play some nice stuff, but that's all it is. Like little Ballerina's dancing around the periphery. No pace,no height and no muscle,its only a matter of time before we get picked off.

Yes, we are capable of winning, and beating anyone, but only in the odd game of 10.

Every time I start to believe that we might actually win a game, Farke and/or the players always manage to a find a way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yes we've been close to winning 2 or 3 of the most recent games but the reality is that more often that not we have been easily brushed aside by bang average teams who in all honesty didn't have to do an awful lot to get the 3 points.

Yawn... we are not physical enough ..even Farke has admitted such. We have one striker who can score and if he is not we struggle. We have a defence that has had 2 clean sheets ALL season. There is positivity and then there is denying the facts in front of you. Basically need Europa league form to the end of the season to stay up. Not going to happen as much as you believe in the "project".

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Same here woolfie, its so odd to me that so many just want to be miserable feckers.

If we were playing total boring ****e then I would be moaning too, but the games we are involved in recently have been tight and exciting.....would love to win but Im actually quite enjoying watching our footy.

Ironically the last three games we have played really well. The best consecutive three games we've had. Nothing like Burnley, Palace and Villa earlier in the season. I think it's fair minded to recognise that. If we can harness these performances the results will come. Could be too little too late but you never know....

Unless players other than Pukki and Cantwell step up and start hitting the net we’ve got no chance. 

It’s just happening too regularly to make it likely that things will suddenly change. I agree that the general standard of our play has been good of late and I would say much better than relegation quality. But we seem to find a way to lose every week and I just think it’s too late, the damage has been done and we have gifted too much ground to all our rivals. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ironically the last three games we have played really well. The best consecutive three games we've had. Nothing like Burnley, Palace and Villa earlier in the season. I think it's fair minded to recognise that. If we can harness these performances the results will come. Could be too little too late but you never know....

Yeah, it's one of those where we have played well enough to have picked up a lot more points than we have over the last 3. And had we done so, we'd all be a lot more positive. 

The main hope is that it hasnt hurt the players too much- giving everything for no reward takes its toll after a while.

Sorry, but this a quite simple, it's a results business and we are not getting the results irrespective of the performance andd what it deserves. 

Play bad, and you don't get results, you can up your game and the positive scores should come. 

Play well, like we are, but don't get the results and you just have to accept we are not good enough for whatever reason. 

Really hope we turn it around, but can't see it happening. Would take a lucky win to kick start things. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It’s just happening too regularly to make it likely that things will suddenly change. I agree that the general standard of our play has been good of late and I would say much better than relegation quality. But we seem to find a way to lose every week and I just think it’s too late, the damage has been done and we have gifted too much ground to all our rivals. 

We have an incredible ability to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory, it’s happening weekly and sure enough after we’ve missed those chances today everyone knew what was coming. We will continue to pull off the odd win, with the way we play it’s inevitable that every so often it will click into place. We’re just incapable of stringing a run of results together to bridge that gap. I’d like to say we deserve to stay up because the way we play football, we don’t look like a team that’s bottom of the league, but unfortunately we do deserve to be bottom as the table doesn’t lie and we are not ruthless enough at both ends of the pitch to survive. 

Edited by JF

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Sorry, but this a quite simple, it's a results business and we are not getting the results irrespective of the performance andd what it deserves. 

Play bad, and you don't get results, you can up your game and the positive scores should come. 

Play well, like we are, but don't get the results and you just have to accept we are not good enough for whatever reason. 

Really hope we turn it around, but can't see it happening. Would take a lucky win to kick start things. 

Exactly this. Burnley are so ugly on the eye to view but are staying up again. If Farke had been backed even in modest manner during the summer maybe it would have resulted in a different outcome.