Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v A. Villa*****

I'm not buying that we are not quite good enough. We've lost every game against the three worst teams in the league and are on course for 24 points. 

That is about 60% good enough. Miles off. 

The club are seeing this season as a free hit, and it will hurt us in the long term. All momentum is gone and our best players will all leave. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So we should take (arguably) our best player off with 15 minutes left of a crucial game when we're 1-0 down?

Buendia wasn't playing very well imo.  I wanted him subbed personally, the resting for next match was added bonus.

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

After all, that's all she thinks about, isn't it 

Or perhaps you shouldn't judge everyone by your own standards.

Well in that case then what a great decision not to buy a striker,  who was highly regarded by farke , and despite what some pundits thing of him he would have been a great sub to bring on when chasing games. 

Unfortunately im not a millionaire and if you want to play ball at this level you have to show some kind of commitment with your money to give us a fighting chance. Otherwise **** off and lets sell to owners with the balls to spend some money .   

36 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Buendia is probably the last of the midfield of five I'd have taken off. 

One of those days when he constantly lost possession in key areas. Corner kicks and free kicks were not very good. Use of subs too late and I saw no justification to bring Stiepermann on.

Maybe we will cut our losses with 2 or even 3  leaving ...meaning we give up and cash in during January and then try and rebuild for next year in the Championship.

We don't have the players to chase a game in this league so once we conceded, that's it. 

The Villa goal was TT and Emi switching off. Both were tired. 

We seriously lack a second striker. Rhodes? 

It is what it is.

36 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Amended it for you.....

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I fail to see how that helps anyone.

Webbo and the board have set the standard and the football bar at us being a yo-yo top 26 club.....and we should be accepting of being relegated in May......Why should the squad pull up trees and give their all when that target has been set?.....

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

We've been unlucky all season. There comes a point when you cant continue to attribute it to bad luck every week

True. 

But good luck is simply hard work meeting opportunity. 

29 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

The cook and the 2nd string German are totally clueless! F-off you happy tw@tters you are part of the problem accepting this dross week in week out!

RIP Waveney Canary

Farke is not to blame for this, by any stretch

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

We've been unlucky all season. There comes a point when you cant continue to attribute it to bad luck every week

We probably played as well as we could, what more can you ask of the lads?

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Webbo and the board have set the standard and the football bar at us being a yo-yo top 26 club.....and we should be accepting of being relegated in May......Why should the squad pull up trees and give their all when that target has been set?.....

TBF it is a very strange target I must agree. You'd have hoped we tried to be 10th at the head of a group of middling teams.

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

We probably played as well as we could, what more can you ask of the lads?

Couldnt agree more with you Van in that the players are giving their all, but the results dont lie, bottom of the table, lost more games than anyone else, lost all 5 games to our relegation rivals.  Just not good enough sadly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spillay said:

Couldnt agree more with you Van in that the players are giving their all, but the results dont lie, bottom of the table, lost more games than anyone else, lost all 5 games to our relegation rivals.  Just not good enough sadly.

Not good enough but probably the best we can do....its disappointing but not surprising.

Edited by Van wink

6 minutes ago, Orly said:

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I fail to see how that helps anyone.

I'm psychic.....do you want the Euromillions lottery numbers for this Friday?......

I've said it before and will no doubt say it again, where tf is our mindset coach? We've shown on many an occasion our ability is as good as most others, therefore, given performance = 20% ability + 80% attitude our shortcomings are in the mindset and this has to be laid at the feet of SW and DF.  DF may think he's got it covered when he hasn't.  I'm damn sure he gets a plumber in when his bathroom floods, what's the difference beside pride and ego?  I say grow a pair and accept you need help and SW should be enforcing this.  Simply my opinion of course, which proves me right, to me at least.

8 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I'm not buying that we are not quite good enough. We've lost every game against the three worst teams in the league and are on course for 24 points. 

That is about 60% good enough. Miles off. 

The club are seeing this season as a free hit, and it will hurt us in the long term. All momentum is gone and our best players will all leave. 

24 points? We got relegated with Neil with 39 points. It will be a kick in the teeth to get less points than that. I really thought we'd be better than that. Pretty tippy tappy in your own half is all very well but pointless if you can't put the ball in the net. Heaton was lucky with the rebound that could have gone anywhere but it was a superb goalkeeping to keep it out. You make your own luck in football and where not doing enough to earn it.

Another game that we could have won turns into a loss. We created a lot of chances and we’re good in parts. It’s disappointing but on another day we could have won with the same performance. 

Pukki needs a break and some competition. He’s been our best player for the last two seasons but he desperately needs someone to share the workload and to keep him fresh. With Drnic out this has impacted us in that Pukki is becoming jaded. He’s missing 1 v 1s that he’d usually finish. 

Buendia and Cantwell continue to improve but they have cover in Hernandez right now Pukki is getting beasted with minutes. It isn’t good for him.

I’d be happy if we played Idah or Srbeny a bit more and if Farke doesn’t trust these two we need to loan a striker who he will play. 

Edited by Bonzo

49 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

Well in that case then what a great decision not to buy a striker,  who was highly regarded by farke , and despite what some pundits thing of him he would have been a great sub to bring on when chasing games. 

Unfortunately im not a millionaire and if you want to play ball at this level you have to show some kind of commitment with your money to give us a fighting chance. Otherwise **** off and lets sell to owners with the balls to spend some money .   

I wanted Jordan too. But it's not my money, & I don't know enough about the way football finances work to assume I could make such a decision. 

I think a deal to bring him here in the summer was knocked back at the last moment. We had other multi-million bids turned down as well.

You may not believe this, but Norwich isn't always the first choice destination for PL players (look at Teemu's initial reaction!).

Same applies to finding those new, mega-rich owners GUARANTEED to bring success.

Actually, there's a bloke down the A140, he's worth 15 times our owners. That's fif-teen times. Perhaps we should approach him? I mean, his team's doing soooo well ...

Edited by ron obvious
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

24 points? We got relegated with Neil with 39 points. It will be a kick in the teeth to get less points than that. I really thought we'd be better than that. Pretty tippy tappy in your own half is all very well but pointless if you can't put the ball in the net. Heaton was lucky with the rebound that could have gone anywhere but it was a superb goalkeeping to keep it out. You make your own luck in football and where not doing enough to earn it.

You don't make luck, by definition. You can have huge self-confidence which helps you make the right decisions, but that's not the same thing.

Villa had an enormous amount of luck today. We've had it in the past. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

I wanted Jordan too. But it's not my money, & I don't know enough about the way football finances work to assume I could make such a decision. 

I think a deal to bring him here in the summer was knocked back at the last moment. We had other multi-million bids turned down as well.

You may not believe this, but Norwich isn't always the first choice destination for PL players (look at Teemu's initial reaction!).

Same applies to finding those new, mega-rich owners GUARANTEED to bring success.

Actually, there's a bloke down the A140, he's worth 15 times our owners. That's fif-teen times. Perhaps we should approach him? I mean, his team's doing soooo well ...

No your right mega rich owners does not GUARANTEE success , but my god it gives you a far better chance of survival than getting by on peanuts. Yes again your right  i would probably say almost all players who want to trade in the premier league well players with some pedigree ,  would not choose us as there first choice,  why would they as they would probably be on better wages else where , and most would choose an established prem team as a relegation battle is not what there looking for.

But if we dont try and source these players and try and spend some money we have little to no chance of trying to be an established prem team. We will always be swimming against the tide for ever yo yoing and selling off our talented players. So for me to compete in this division you WILL NEED MONEY AND LOTS OF IT its as simple as that. And our current owners who do have Norwich at heart are sadly in this day and age just out of there league , while they remain we will be what we have been since they took over ,up and down with a sprinkle of good and bad seasons. If thats what the majority of fans want then great lets carry on, but i think there are far more who would like to see the club try and push on but we are hindered by the current owners reluctance to even look  for potential investors..   

Extremely frustrating afternoon but at least we have not spent £120 million like Villa have and play the ****e football they do.

I'm pretty certain they will be playing Championship football next season too.

And without Grealish for sure. He’ll probably rock up somewhere like Leeds if they finally go up. 

Edited by Surfer

12 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Extremely frustrating afternoon but at least we have not spent £120 million like Villa have and play the ****e football they do.

I'm pretty certain they will be playing Championship football next season too.

Agreed they were ****e , it would have been interesting to see where we would have been in the league had we spent that . I guess it all hinges on what you spend that money on. 

I would have to include 

17 minutes ago, Surfer said:

A new keeper, a target man and two midfielders.

I would have to include a defender in there, our back four  is to fragile . 

4 hours ago, Orly said:

Buendia wasn't playing very well imo.  I wanted him subbed personally, the resting for next match was added bonus.

Emi's so frustrating. He was ourtageous, unplayable last week, but you could see from the kick off he was timid, not taking players on, passing badly etc. I wonder why he's so inconsistent? Is he always better against top teams - games when there's no expectation?

We must get more players around Teemu. I suspect our defence has been so poor for so long that we're still too worried to throw players in the box when attacking. Annoyingly there was a player perfectly positioned when Teemu burst forward today - none other than the goal machine that is Tettey! And he didn't see him. Bug ger. A simple pass across & it would've been a tap in. It summed up our afternoon for me. Oh well. We go again ...

Edited by ron obvious

47 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

I would have to include 

I would have to include a defender in there, our back four  is to fragile . 

Depends. We are not scoring from set pieces and yet we are conceding. So it suggests we are not physical enough but that could be provided by more physical midfielders, and a more dominant goalkeeper. Besides 100 mil only goes so far and you have to prioritize 😞