Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v A. Villa*****

1 minute ago, Chumino said:

Ffs. Horrible. Just need ldc with some bs positivity to top that performance off. 

You cannot take a positive from that, absolute rubbish. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Making Plans said:

All very pretty but absolutely no end product.

Too much tippy tappy and not enough urgency to get players in the box or to shoot

I'm not sure it's fair to say no end product- one off the line, one great save from Heaton, one sitter missed by Byram and a moment of selfishness from Pukki, all very good chances to score. Issue wasn't creating it was scoring.

Just now, king canary said:

He's better than Srebeny but he's not good enough for this level. It's embarrassing that we're still considering using a player as limited as Srebeny at this level, but this is what you get when you can only sign crocks on the cheap.

We went after Roberts as our first loan signing. People were excited by his signing. Where the hell is he. Surely he can offer something

Just now, lake district canary said:

f*** off. Get behind the players.

You **** off.

You're just lashing out as you've been wrong for about the 5,000,000th time on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hit the bar, two great saves from their keeper, one clearance off the line, another Pukki miss, a clear opportunity for Byram. It's painful at the moment.

Edited by Michael Starr

Hello Championship. 
cannot take chances. 
cannot hit our players in the box

cannot defend corners

cannot track runners

cannot play any other game tactically

1 minute ago, king canary said:

He's better than Srebeny but he's not good enough for this level. It's embarrassing that we're still considering using a player as limited as Srebeny at this level, but this is what you get when you can only sign crocks on the cheap.

He'd have been more likely to get his head on one of our numerous set pieces.

Squad just isn't good enough full stop.

Unfortunately Sheffield United came up with a squad better equipped for Premier League football. 

As much as Farke is a talented man manager, and as much as Webber has done a good job in the transfer market and at Colney, neither have experience in this league and they've just got it horribly wrong this season.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I'm not sure it's fair to say no end product- one off the line, one great save from Heaton, one sitter missed by Byram and a moment of selfishness from Pukki, all very good chances to score. Issue wasn't creating it was scoring.

Well for me, "end product" can only mean putting the ball in the net.

Last 2 games we've scored 1 & missed 10

Now we are as good as down the board has to make key decisions about next season. If we get a good offer for Teemu we should take it and hold out for really good bids for Aarons, Godfrey and Cantwell. As we are not willing to invest in staying in the PL we might as well accept being a Championship team and not aim for promotion and hope we get lucky every now and again. This will provide opportunities for our better young players coming through and assist the club in staying on an even financial keel. There’s plenty to excite in the Championship and would avoid the traditional disappointments of the occasional foray into the PL.

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Srebeny is gash though.

I get jumped on for saying that. What worries me though is that Webber and Farke will think he is good enough to lead the attack in The Championship.

Edited by TIL 1010

I don't know how we didn't score today. 

We should have got more players into the box it's true, but to save all three certain goals defies the laws of probability.

We've offended the Gods, there's no other explanation  :classic_sad:

Anyone here any good at black magic?

Very little chance of staying up now.....board will buy a few players 'for the future' and not throw any cash at the 1st team.

I can see teams trying to grab a few of our players in the window or at least turn their heads ready for the summer window.

Just now, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Very little chance of staying up now.....board will buy a few players 'for the future' and not throw any cash at the 1st team.

I can see teams trying to grab a few of our players in the window or at least turn their heads ready for the summer window.

Was always going to be the case that we will lose players once our fate is sealed, and our fate has certainly been sealed now, no way back from here im afraid . 

4 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

This game was crying out for a Rhodes , still Delias bank account was a few million better off by not signing him

After all, that's all she thinks about, isn't it 

Or perhaps you shouldn't judge everyone by your own standards.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No, I'm not. Get behind the players.

If you can tell me how me, on a sofa in Hertfordshire, saying I think a player is crap makes any difference then you might have a point.

But you can't.

Because you don't.

Been saying it all season, we are not a bad side we are just not quite good enough. If people want to get upset about it then that is their right, I will not be, just going to enjoy being in the Premiership even if it is for one season only.

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You won’t make a 5 a side team with positive posters tonight Lakey.

He might just do that unfortunately.

Too late for us this season. One or two strange results will happen at some point. Our luck will turn. But with 8 points adrift of 17th, today was the marker for our relegation. So sad after last year but who would have predicted we would be the one team of the 3 promoted teams to fall so woefully short. It does seem the lack of investment has been a significant factor.

I think a few agents will be giving their players a little nudge now, might be their last chance of a big money move as I fear the season will nose dive now.

We lack quality in the final third and the midfield is so leggy, can't seem to get more than 60 mins out of them.

We outplayed Villa, we were tacatically better that they were, we showed more composure, we had the better chances, we were unlucky in front of goal - only Man city have hit the woodwork more than us this season - and we hit it twice in this game.

Those are the positives.  If we start getting the rub of the green and putting a few chances away, we aare going to put three or four past someone soon.