Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v A. Villa*****

1 minute ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

We never really look like getting back into it after going down, even at home. Last season it didn’t look an issue but there seems to be a confidence/mentality issue this year (which isn’t surprising as we’ve lost most games).

For me it's a depth thing. I've been accused of repeating myself on this but outside of Byram our new signings have made essentially zero impact, even off the bench.

Villa have an appalling record this season of defending set pieces.

We've had loads of set pieces.

People will say its "bad luck", but we just don't have enough to quality in our side to take advantage of these obvious weaknesses that the opposition around us have in their sides.

I mean... does anybody ever feel that 6ft 3 inch tall Marco Stiepermann poses a threat at corners? 

Just now, Hoola Han Solo said:

We didn’t need to spend 50 or 60 million but spending a little bit more would have given us a better chance in my opinion.

I’m sure that’s exactly what we thought last time. Didn’t work and we then found ourselves struggling financially after running out of parachute payments.

With Farke in charge I think spending a bit more could have proven successful in staying up. However the club simply won’t risk it now.

The cook and the 2nd string German are totally clueless! F-off you happy tw@tters you are part of the problem accepting this dross week in week out!

RIP Waveney Canary

Just now, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Can't recall us winning a header from one of our corners. What do they practice at Colney?

Formation Maccy D's eating contest?.......

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

For me it's a depth thing. I've been accused of repeating myself on this but outside of Byram our new signings have made essentially zero impact, even off the bench.

If playing a side which has a known weaknesses defending set pieces, would you not have considered bringing on Srbeny over Stiepermann? 

I know which one is more likely to get his head on something. 

Its mainly a lack of quality, which is partly due to the lack of summer spending that you correctly identify. There is also some poor decision making being seen recently by Farke.

What was Stiepermann ever going to do from the bench, he's already shown himself incapable of making an impact at this level. 

Srbeny on the other hand has, in recent times, come off the bench and scored! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If playing a side which has a known weaknesses defending set pieces, would you not have considered bringing on Srbeny over Stiepermann? 

I know which one is more likely to get his head on something. 

Its mainly a lack of quality, which is partly due to the lack of summer spending that you correctly identify. There is also some poor decision making being seen recently by Farke.

What was Stiepermann ever going to do from the bench, he's already shown himself incapable of making an impact at this level. 

Srbeny on the other hand has, in recent times, come off the bench and scored! 

Srebeny is gash though.

I don’t blame Farke, I don’t blame the players, they have done the best to their abilities!

The reality of the PL is clubs will spend millions on players of quality to sustain the clubs position in the PL.

If D & M WJ want to have a hobby running a football club that requires no financial responsibility on their part then go buy Diss Town! That’s their level!

The blame is solely on D & M WJ shoulders for believing they could go into the EPL and spend <£5m and hope to be competitive!

D & M WJ wake up, you’re not helping NCFC, you’re the weight around it’s ankles!

please do the right thing and hand over to owners that can take the club forward 

Edited by Cliff the Canary
  • Haha 1

Players need to take a look at themselves. Disgraceful attitude towards the end. No one looked interested in working hard and trying to push for a goal. Strolling. How is this the same team as last year?

34 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Have done, 3 doubles 1 treble 

And let that be a lesson to you, keep your money  dans  la poche!

Just now, Cliff the Canary said:

I don’t blame Farke, I don’t blame the players, they have done the best to their abilities!

The reality of the PL is clubs will spend millions on players of quality to sustain the clubs position in the PL.

If D & M WJ want to have a hobby running a football club that requires no financial responsibility on their part then go buy Diss Town! That’s their level!

The blame is solely on D & M WJ shoulders for believing they could go into the EPL and spend >£5m and hope to be competitive!

D & M WJ wake up, you’re not helping NCFC, you’re the weight around it’s ankles!

please do the right thing and hand over to owners that can take the club forward 

£5 million thats about 4 times more than they actually spent 

We’re cut adrift now and effectively down. We’ve seen nothing to suggest we can do what it takes to overturn what is now a mountain to climb. Farkes been thrown under the bus this season

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So is Stiepermann! 

He's better than Srebeny but he's not good enough for this level. It's embarrassing that we're still considering using a player as limited as Srebeny at this level, but this is what you get when you can only sign crocks on the cheap.

Well that's that then. Without so much as ****ing whimper. Subs all wrong yet again. Mclean and Cantwell were **** yet he took Emi off!!! And he brought on Stiepermann, who can't hit a ****ing barn door. Absolutely livid.

Just now, JF said:

We’re cut adrift now and effectively down. We’ve seen nothing to suggest we can do what it takes to overturn what is now a mountain to climb. Farkes been thrown under the bus this season

Thrown under a huge double Decker bus