Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v A. Villa*****

One to watch out for today, #NCFC fans, is that Max Aarons, Kenny McLean and Sam Byram are all on 4 yellow cards - PL amnesty for five yellows (and a one-game ban) follows today's 19th match of the season.

As expected, I do do think Argos can bring the urgency so hope he gets a decent amount of time if TC tires. Wouldn't mind seeing if Vrancic could bring his best with a longer outing. 

Its fair enough putting Onel on the bench, but only if you are going to give him long enough to make an impact on the game if you bring him on, and by that I mean 60/65 minutes, 70th at the latest. 

Should be winning this. Southampton 1-0 up at frank lampards Chelsea 😳

Maddening opening 40. Guilty of hugely overplaying it on the edge of the Villa area and one real moment of selfishness from Pukki preventing is from being well in control.

The trouble is: we have seen this Norwich performance  multiple times this season. 

Too often it's 'should be ahead' then sucker punched. A better side than Villa would have scored already. 

Too expansive too often. 

Yeah our final ball in has been lacking so far. Some nice passing out of our own half but we just don't seem to have enough players on the pitch. Cantwell quite deep today at the moment. Argos after 60 please as we really need to win this.

Looking even more vital that we get 3 points with the other scores all going against us at the moment. Yet again we’ve played well but we have to be more clinical in the final third. Pukki again missing, Byram should have buried that header but headed with no conviction. Buendea looks the part again and Aaron’s needs to be a lot better with his final ball. Promising half but I’m very aware of previous promising first half’s that came to nothing. We must come out switched on and alert this time

We lack a cutting edge but are at least showing physicality and winning a lot of 59 - 50 and 60 - 40 balls. 

Good substitutions could win us this game. I fancy Onel's strength and Mario for Todd with Emi going wide. 

4 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

2 poor teams heading for the championship 

B0llocks. We do not look poor. We are wasteful at the front as are Villa but we are not generally low in quality. 

I know your style of posting but show some understanding of the game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

2 poor teams heading for the championship 

I'm not sure Ipswich or Gillingham quite have enough Jobsworth

• Haha 1

Good first half, creating chances and getting the better of Villa.  Got to step it up in the second half to keep on top and hopefully convert a chance or two.    Forget what every one else is doing, all that matters is us.

Onel for TC. . Pukki to convert one soon please. Arrons to make better deliveries We're just not converting good chances again. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good first half, creating chances and getting the better of Villa.  Got to step it up in the second half to keep on top and hopefully convert a chance or two.    Forget what every one else is doing, all that matters is us.

As things stand we are 7 points from safety so I’ll keep an eye on what others are doing...

• Like 1

Huge 45 mins in terms of the bottom of the league to come, looking at the other half time scores, my prediction is that City, Sheff Utd and Chelsea are all going to win.

Edited by Van wink

Just now, Van wink said:

Huge 45 mins to come, looking at the other half time scores, my prediction is that City, Sheff Utd and Chelsea are all going to win.

20/1 worth a punt

• Like 1