Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Forget the faces the performances are just not good enough.

I understand that players will come and go through all the clubs in all the leagues. With the exception of the Southampton game I have not been entertained this season. I feel the style of play has detteriated beyond belief.

I get no pleasure at all from seeing a long ball pumped forward in the hope somebody might pick up the pieces. I accept fully you sometimes need to "get Rid" when under pressure but this should not be the prferred route.

I have backed Worthington through this season but am now very much one foot in each camp, if the players bought in entertain I don''t care who they are( it would be nice to se some progression through the academy) but what''s being served up at FCR this season is drivel.

the football we played yesterday was awful. Not a single passing move.

greeno bowled the ball out once and hoofed every other time. for a club that has been in our position with all the extra money to spend it is a joke

they are worthys long ball tactics

appauling

Paul - I am a Worthy Outer, but I''m not sure that the long ball is necessarily a Worthington tactic. I am convinced that we have to play the long ball from the back because the crap midfield that Worthington has assembled this season is seemingly:

incapable of finding space to receive a pass

incapable of controlling the ball and looking up for the pass like most other midfielders in this Division

incapable of playing a ball more than 5 yards sideways.

Sadly, these days, Worthington buys only midfielders who would struggle to look good in a Conference side. 

Link - I agree, i have been thinking that worthy played the long ball because he realised these players could not pass for toffee.

By the way did you notice at the kick offs we just seemed to hoof the ball downfield for a goal kick???  we did it after half time then the same thing again after they scored their first goal.....

Has anyone else noticed how we kick off. Irrespective of who it is, and several players have now done this we kick the ball out to the left touchline for an opposition throw in. Why? What does this tell you about the tactics coached to our team. ''On the ball City'' needs re-writing.

Link- you are absolutely right. Those who blame Worthy for long ball stuff do forget that in our Championship year we destroyed teams by passing the ball on the ground and using Huckerby/Harper/Cooper''s width and Leon''s pace and Iwan/Crouch/Sven''s heads.

Worthy doesn''t escape blame though- as you also hint at the players we have right now in the centre of the park lack organisation and fluency- something the training regime is responsible for. Too often there is no movement, the game is at a standstill while our midfield look around, have a cup of tea, and give it a big welly as the momentum has gone.

Yesterday we were better than watford for a good 20 minutes spell in the second half, equally bad in the first half and parts of the second and only second best for short periods. Yet this will be forgotten as it doesn''t help the rather hysterical over reaction to Ashton''s sale. And before anybody asks, I am a confirmed Worthy outer but I do think that yesterday we did actually do some good stuff at times.