Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Emi

He has now put in two or three excellent performances, but his previous twelve or so games were not brilliant from him, sometimes inneffective and frankly at times poor - and his shooting from free kicks has not been good in the two seasons we've seen him, rarely even on target. So he is not the finished article and needed to be dropped. He has come back with renewed belief, brilliant to watch when he is like that, which is great to see, but will a top club want him?  Not yet, imo.

Can we have a re-do?

Since the data has been collected at the start of 2003-04 season, only ONE player has created 9+ chances *and* completed 9+ take-ons in a single Premier League game.

Horrendous amount of natural talent and flair. More so than even a James Maddison, I might suggest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Horrendous amount of natural talent and flair. More so than even a James Maddison, I might suggest.

Talent and flair yes, if he can deliver better free kicks and corners plus more goals from open play then I'd agree unequivocally. Madders delivers from deadball situations, Emi needs to up his game in that department.

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

Would agree and Wes. He will be in big demand and gone too soon. 

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

I agree. After a good start to the season he’s struggled for a spell when people started to pay attention and close him down quickly, now he seems to have adjusted and is showing he can deal with that. If he continues to play like this things could well look up for us.

i saw a young Maradona play for Argentina at Wembley in 1981 when he’d recently come into their national side and he looked amazing, I really think Emi has the potential to reach that level .

• Like 1

He's a 21 year old  "working" in a foreign country with a different language and culture so cut him some slack. I'm sure he'll progress to greatness but I hope he doesn't forget us.