Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Song sent off for violent conduct

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Son, and yes. Good news for us- we now just need five or six more to tweak hamstrings or get sent off on Boxing Day and we could nick a win.

We can definitely beat Spurs the way we are playing atm. 

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

We can definitely beat Spurs the way we are playing atm. 

If we can perform for 90 minutes the way we performed for 45 against Wolves then we certainly can, provided Spurs have a bit of an off day as well. Also the "two games in 48 hours" factor could be a bit of a leveller, so to speak.

We have a chance of winning, obviously, but it's just unlikely.

Hmm...I think we’re far more likely to show the effects of the two games in 48 hours - we can barely afford to rest anyone (particularly in defence) but the depth of squad at Spurs will allow them to rotate the players and still have proven PL players.  It’ll be a tough one to get anything from, but Son missing will be of help!

28 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Son, and yes. Good news for us- we now just need five or six more to tweak hamstrings or get sent off on Boxing Day and we could nick a win.

Invite for prematch meal at Delia’s. Serve lasagne.

Easy win

https://www.planetfootball.com/nostalgia/remembering-lasagnagate-when-spurs-were-on-for-fourth-but-got-the-shts/

I’m going to do an LDC and predict we will beat Spurs. And I haven’t emptied the bottle of Merlot yet🍷

That reminds me, anyone seen Billy, I wanted to wish him a happy Christmas?

• Haha 1

Watched both games on the telly today and thought Utd and Spurs were both poor. Thought the Son red was a bit harsh and the Chelsea defender's reaction was disgraceful, but if it helps us I won't complain!

• Like 1

We have nothing to lose now, Pile into them, rattle a few cages. Spurs aren't great defensively, definitely no reason we can't score.

11 minutes ago, Van wink said:

That reminds me, anyone seen Billy, I wanted to wish him a happy Christmas?

He last posted on 20th November.

25 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hmm...I think we’re far more likely to show the effects of the two games in 48 hours - we can barely afford to rest anyone (particularly in defence) but the depth of squad at Spurs will allow them to rotate the players and still have proven PL players. 

On paper, yes, but any changes could cause disjointed performances, and some players could feel it in their legs more than others, so it could create an 'anything could happen' scenario.

I think I'm just being hopeful...

A massive boost for us, no question. Spurs looked pretty awful all round and lacked potency with Son off the pitch. They weren’t very good against Wolves either in truth, and I’m just wondering if the wheels are starting to fall off for Jose now the honeymoon period is coming to an end. Regardless, with both Son out and also McGinn for Villa, that can only be a good thing for us this week, provided of course we don’t lose any key players ourselves. We have played some fantastic stuff of late, and hopefully that will pay off soon, I feel confident anyway.