Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Central Midfield

I have made a point in another post that the central midfield partnership we had yesterday is the worst in this division - Jarrett and Etuhu.I dont think Robinson is a great deal better either.

When Safri comes back (hopefully soon,given yesterdays ANC result) , how does everyone feel about the following partnership in the middle - Safri and Mcveigh ?

Mcveigh has looked increasingly like the only player in our team with the creativity and vision to provide decent through balls and passes over the past few weeks so why not let him be the Koumas type player that we are looking for and Safri can provide the steel next to him.Given that NW is likely to buy a striker to replace Deano , the new guy can play up front with Thorne or Leon(when he finally comes back).

Obviously Hucks plays on the left of them but who plays on the right is a completely different question.Probably Hughes given that as long as he''s fit NW will find a place for him somewhere and to be fair to the guy , for all the misplaced passes in the middle third of the field , he did swing in 3 decent crosses in the second half yesterday.

I applaud your unwavering support for Robinson , LGT , but I am beginning to wonder what it is based upon.I dont know of anyone else who attends regularly who is anything other than ''yet to be convinced'' regarding his abilities.

There is one thing I am certain about though , and that is that Mcveigh is the only midfielder/forward that displays any type of vision or creativity going forward.

no - small Paul has to stay up front - he can score the goals to get us promoted - once Safri is back we can revert to 4-3-3 with Robbo and Jarivs (Or some player - Gutteridge maybe) McVeigh needs to stay upfront.

What I don''t get about Jarrett and Dicko is that actually at times they looked OK. Admittedly it wasn''t that often, but in the second half I thought Damien Francis had returned when Dicko surged through the entire Watford midfield. Jarrett looked quite assured at times. Worthy needs to get more out of them, I am sure that there is more and that with the right handling they could be useful back up to Safs. In my view they''ve been too quickly condemned in the desperate desire for a quick return to the Prem.

However I have no doubts whatever about Hughes. I have tried to be objective, but his passing yesterday was almost without exception shocking. I think  his energy levels must have confused the scouts. If only Dicko and JJ has Hughes'' levels of energy then things might look a bit brighter.

Wandering off point a bit but I thought Thorney did well with what little service he got. Bright and lively. No Ashton but with the right partner and some beter service I think he could do well. WLY was another bright spark, but needs to sit a bit behind the striker more, not alongside.

Sorry if this goes against the general slough of despond, I will lambast myself later for trying to be positive.