Sign in to follow this  
Spillay

And now Watford are winning..

Good luck to them it’s all about getting the points something we have struggled to do and to be honest cannot really see it improving 

All the teams around us seem capable of knuckling down and getting 3 points when the chips are down, but we only seem capable of surrendering them. No steel or spine that is the difference between staying up or going down.

Didn’t seem to be a lack of bottle v Leicester!

doesnt seem to be much mental strength or bottle on here !

• Like 9

That’s the problem tho rock bus it’s no good having the bottle on the odd occasion like Man City and Leicester and then fold so convincingly against all the other teams that we have done this season - the anticipation of getting a win is fading fast and unless we get some sort of run together soon come just after Xmas that 6 point gap will have possibly increased to a level that is just too big a bridge to cross 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Didn’t seem to be a lack of bottle v Leicester!

doesnt seem to be much mental strength or bottle on here !

This ^^^ The message is clear - ALL teams at this level are good with strong and talented players.  But then so are we and we have shown we can get points against the best too.

We are favourites to go down and some may have given in already, but we have to disprove them and match fire with fire. We can do it.  

If we lose at Villa we are as good as down. However there is little point in moaning, blaming the players, the Head Coach etc.

The club’s strategy is be a top 26 club. This means that being a top 6 Championship club meets the defined strategy and being in the PL isn’t a necessity. So long as the club can find, develop and sell youngsters it will remain financially stable. In essence we will be a nursery for the big clubs.

If you are not happy with this strategy tough there’s nowt you can do about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

If we lose at Villa we are as good as down. However there is little point in moaning, blaming the players, the Head Coach etc.

The club’s strategy is be a top 26 club. This means that being a top 6 Championship club meets the defined strategy and being in the PL isn’t a necessity. So long as the club can find, develop and sell youngsters it will remain financially stable. In essence we will be a nursery for the big clubs.

If you are not happy with this strategy tough there’s nowt you can do about it.

Actually there is Crafty. You can go and support one of the clubs who have a different strategy more to your liking. However history shows you'll have to continually jump ship and move on. Who knows, maybe in the end back to this strategy...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

All the teams around us seem capable of knuckling down and getting 3 points when the chips are down, but we only seem capable of surrendering them. No steel or spine that is the difference between staying up or going down.

Well hang on. If all the teams around us were capable of that, there would be no teams even vaguely within our reach right now, would there?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Eh? Villa? Bournemouth? None of them are consistently getting results and I would argue are currently looking like favourites to finish below us. West Ham hardly setting the league on fire either, and a timely injury to Ings could have huge consequences for Southampton.

Lets not forget that a few years ago, Leicester were rock bottom in December but managed to remarkably win 7 out of 9 games, thus ensuring survival and the catalyst for a league title the next season. So it can happen. None of the bottoms sides are relegated yet, and nobody is cut adrift. It won’t be 40 points needed this season either. All to play for 💪🏽

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Actually there is Crafty. You can go and support one of the clubs who have a different strategy more to your liking. However history shows you'll have to continually jump ship and move on. Who knows, maybe in the end back to this strategy...

We are Canaries supporters Nutty so supporting another club is not an option. Hence my reasoning that there is no point in moaning about the situation as fans cannot change anything.

4 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

We are Canaries supporters Nutty so supporting another club is not an option. Hence my reasoning that there is no point in moaning about the situation as fans cannot change anything.

I agree. But the change fans want is for us to be bought by someone with more money. However it's not someone with more money that is wanted. It's to be more successful that is wanted. And that's where there's no correlation. Because on all evidence the chances are we'd be less successful...

• Like 1

What’s more interesting is that we are playing some good stuff, Villa are playing cr@p and so are Spurs atm, reasons to be cheerful, part 1!

• Like 1

The positive (if you can take it) is we are starting to play much better (albeit seemingly for 90 mins)

Both Leicester & Wolves showed we can mix it with the best. Seriously think we need to strengthen in defence and if we can somehow cut out the goals from set pieces, we might just stand a chance in 2nd half of season.

Also need to find more goals and take burden off Pukki. Todd is notching a few but we're missing the goals from elsewhere from last season. We're still searching for a strong No.10 to pitch in with goals

Villa is a big game. They are in free fall and have now lost the influential McGinn, so if we can start like we did against Wolves we might just get a result. Villa lose to us and Watford and they start the new year bottom!

24 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Tottenham now defending short corners "the Norwich way" too. Bring on next Saturday :classic_ohmy:

And now Son removed for violent conduct, every little helps😀

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

I do sense smugness from the 'watch ya gonna do about it crew', which is sad really. The current owners have earned a lot of goodwill from the supporters, and rightly so but they won't be around forever and there is no guarantee Nephew Tom will inherit that goodwill, and rightly so. Webber has mentioned the quietness of the fans more than once and part of the reason I think is we are all resigned to what's happening with the owners, the finances and so forth. You can't have it both ways.

It's frustrating because there was a middle ground between spending £750k and a £150m which seems to have been totally ignored, at least so it seems. An almost arrogance that we would do well this season with an essentially Championship squad, a view that some posters on here seem to even now still believe in.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I do sense smugness from the 'watch ya gonna do about it crew', which is sad really. The current owners have earned a lot of goodwill from the supporters, and rightly so but they won't be around forever and there is no guarantee Nephew Tom will inherit that goodwill, and rightly so. Webber has mentioned the quietness of the fans more than once and part of the reason I think is we are all resigned to what's happening with the owners, the finances and so forth. You can't have it both ways.

It's frustrating because there was a middle ground between spending £750k and a £150m which seems to have been totally ignored, at least so it seems. An almost arrogance that we would do well this season with an essentially Championship squad, a view that some posters on here seem to even now still believe in.

Am I in this crew Capt.? I guess I've always been on most people's lists and have had more labels than most.

I think you are actually complaining because some people hold a different point of view to you. There should be room for that on a debating forum.

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Eh? Villa? Bournemouth? None of them are consistently getting results and I would argue are currently looking like favourites to finish below us. West Ham hardly setting the league on fire either, and a timely injury to Ings could have huge consequences for Southampton.

Lets not forget that a few years ago, Leicester were rock bottom in December but managed to remarkably win 7 out of 9 games, thus ensuring survival and the catalyst for a league title the next season. So it can happen. None of the bottoms sides are relegated yet, and nobody is cut adrift. It won’t be 40 points needed this season either. All to play for 💪🏽

You’ve had a few today ! 

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’ve had a few today ! 

Have I? Anything factually wrong there then? Villa are playing atrociously at the moment, my Villa mate thinks we could give them a bit of a tonking on Thursday, and Bournemouth bar the Chelsea result have been awful for ages, with a tasty little injury list piling up not to mention their best defender, Ake, has made it clear he wants to return to Chelsea in January. I’d say as things stand, things look healthier for us than them at the moment, but we’ll see in a month or so 👍🏼

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Am I in this crew Capt.? I guess I've always been on most people's lists and have had more labels than most.

I think you are actually complaining because some people hold a different point of view to you. There should be room for that on a debating forum.

You are consistent with your views on the ownership subject and the club Nutty and I agree with you most of the while, and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. As I believe you mentioned to me before everyone should be prepared for the replies.

Personally I have a greater affiliation with the players and what goes on on the pitch, and more importantly winning football matches. I don't really care about balance sheets, internal politics, who the owners are, perhaps even who the manager is. Football is an escapism from reality for me, the aforementioned I get rammed down my throat everyday at work. A shallow view quite possibly, an unsustainable view quite probably but that's what most supporters are like. The go and support someone else view doesn't sit well with me as I've been such since the 70s. Webber in one of his interviews has told fans to do likewise as well and personally I think it's a dangerous viewpoint to go public with to be honest.

52 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Have I? Anything factually wrong there then? Villa are playing atrociously at the moment, my Villa mate thinks we could give them a bit of a tonking on Thursday, and Bournemouth bar the Chelsea result have been awful for ages, with a tasty little injury list piling up not to mention their best defender, Ake, has made it clear he wants to return to Chelsea in January. I’d say as things stand, things look healthier for us than them at the moment, but we’ll see in a month or so 👍🏼

I really hope your right and I believe Norwich will win on Boxing Day. It’s just when you look at the teams around us and results so far against them it makes depressing reading.

54 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You are consistent with your views on the ownership subject and the club Nutty and I agree with you most of the while, and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. As I believe you mentioned to me before everyone should be prepared for the replies.

Personally I have a greater affiliation with the players and what goes on on the pitch, and more importantly winning football matches. I don't really care about balance sheets, internal politics, who the owners are, perhaps even who the manager is. Football is an escapism from reality for me, the aforementioned I get rammed down my throat everyday at work. A shallow view quite possibly, an unsustainable view quite probably but that's what most supporters are like. The go and support someone else view doesn't sit well with me as I've been such since the 70s. Webber in one of his interviews has told fans to do likewise as well and personally I think it's a dangerous viewpoint to go public with to be honest.

The differing views and expecting replies wasn't my point. Being labeled smug and being boxed in a crew was.

If you read my post in full context instead of Crafty's reply perhaps you may see that it wasn't smug at all.

46 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Evidence? I'd love to see that bar graph! Link please!

OTBC

What bar graph?

I would use the last 10 seasons league tables.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What bar graph?

I would use the last 10 seasons league tables.

Please do. I'll wait.

Who knew Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs were all so poor sitting up there looking down on the rest of us season after bl00dy season. 

If it's not down to money, then' I'd question why we haven't had our turn at winning the league yet. Bad luck?

OTBC

14 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Please do. I'll wait.

Who knew Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs were all so poor sitting up there looking down on the rest of us season after bl00dy season. 

If it's not down to money, then' I'd question why we haven't had our turn at winning the league yet. Bad luck?

OTBC

I'm struggling now tbh. It seems that all our peers have had the same bad luck then 

Tell you what, we could play a game of tennis where you serve me a club like us who has done better and I'll return one that hasn't. 

BTW, if you use clubs that are fixtures in the PL then I'll use clubs that have never been there. I suggest you serve Leicester....

Failing that we could use this message board and monitor the teams posters wished we were. I suggest we start that with the ambition shown by Ipswich attracting Marcus Evans. We could have a little reminisce about them waving those tenners at us...

Edited by nutty nigel