Sign in to follow this  
Pockthorpe

Just how good was Emi today

Christ , today is hard to stomach!
I’m consoling myself ( along with hard liquor) by the thought that today Emi produced some of the best football  I’ve ever seen from a Norwich player . Absolutely amazing . He left two Wolves players on their arses on the touch line just below me second half . I could have cried with joy !  Pretty sure the Wolves players would’ve been talking all about him in their dressing room after the game . As others have said , let’s enjoy him whilst he’s ours . We’re gonna need him in this form , if he does then staying up still very much on imo .
OTBC 💛💚

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 5

Didn't get any protection from the ref at all 2nd half. Wolves players just taking it in turns to foul him. Our MOM by a mile today.

• Like 2

He played his best premier league game for us today, Tom Trybull (apart form one pass) also played well.

Shame we lost but you can see Wolves are a good team

• Like 1

The Observer:

The entire team flowed but throughout the first half Emi Buendía seemed to ascend to some other godly plane. Everything that was good passed through his right foot as he stroked an endless stream of touches with defence-splitting passes and constantly found his teammates in space to relieve pressure from the Wolves press.

• Like 1

He was immense in all aspects. Funny game when you play that well and end up on the losing team. Definitely my motm. 

Amazing performance. The Premier League is his stage. Let's hope we can somehow stay up otherwise we will surely lose him. We have to enjoy him while he's here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Amazing performance. The Premier League is his stage. Let's hope we can somehow stay up otherwise we will surely lose him. We have to enjoy him while he's here.

Couldn't agree more Nutty. By far and away his best Premier League game. How he didn't win MOTM I'll never know.

Sadly I think this will be his last season at Carrow Rd. If he plays well enough to help us stay up he'll surely go for huge price but if we do go down he'll go because he's clearly too good for the Championship.

As you say let's enjoy.

2 hours ago, Pockthorpe said:

Christ , today is hard to stomach!
I’m consoling myself ( along with hard liquor) by the thought that today Emi produced some of the best football  I’ve seen from a Norwich player . Absolutely amazing . He left two Wolves players on their arses on the touch line just below me second half . I could have cried with joy !  Pretty sure the Wolves players would’ve been talking all about him in their dressing room after the game . As others have said , let’s enjoy him whilst he’s ours . We’re gonna need him in this form , if he does then staying up still very much on imo .
OTBC 💛💚

Joy to watch.

I think the Carrow Rd telephone is going to be very busy this January - Emi, Teemu, Max, Todd, and Ben regardless of a minor injury, are just for starters. If we can get a win at Villa, and put in a performance against Spurs, then things will definitely look rosier.

I’m sure any players we are already talking to will have seen today’s game, and seen the potential is there to be a very good team indeed - we suffered from burn out, up until that point it was quite evident that we are a very capable exciting side with a lot of technically good players, and I would like to think this will work in our favour for any incoming loans until the end of the season - nothing to lose, and everything to gain. 

Agreed with OP. A sublime performance from Emi, Wolves could only pull him down. Amasing strength, resilience and visionary passing. MoM by a country mile, special mention for Grant Hanley who was also really good considering first full game back. 

Was one of his best performances and managed to keep his ‘other’ side well in check.  He was certainly unlucky not to score - but his strike that went just over took a clear deflection so should have been our corner,  Wolves scored very soon after just to add to the annoyance.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I remain hopeful. If Teemu hadn't still had a painful foot I'm convinced he would have scored. I reckon a fair result would've been 4-2.

MOTD hardly mentioned Emi after wetting themselves over De Bruyne. Even on the paltry evidence they allowed us it was obvious he's on that sort of level. It was noticeable Shearer didn't know most of our players' names. Pathetic.

It's often been said on here that performances don't matter, it's only results. I've always disagreed. If the team can keep its spirit intact then luck will even out & results will follow. It may be too late - there's no law that says a season is long enough to even out the skewing of results by probability - but there's long enough yet for the balance to be redressed.

Meantime all we can do is continue to persevere & play at this level. I have to say Daniel does need to get better at subs. It's been clesr thst some of our players have been totally shattered around 70 mins. & desperately needed replacing. In Onel we've got a player tailor made to hurt tiring defences & needs to come on 10 minutes earlier than he does.

OTBC!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

It's often been said on here that performances don't matter, it's only results. I've always disagreed. If the team can keep its spirit intact then luck will even out & results will follow. It may be too late - there's no law that says a season is long enough to even out the skewing of results by probability - but there's long enough yet for the balance to be redressed.

I worry that it's the spirit that is the problem though. How many people at the game today thought that at half time we would see out the game for a comfortable win? Not me and not anyone around me, yet it would have been a fair result given our dominance in the first half. Once again as soon as Wolves put us under a bit of pressure in the second half we bottled it.

Buendia was fantastic today and we have some really exciting technical players, but due to lack of experience at this level it's clear they don't have that determination to grind out results against the odds week in and week out.

I hope we can all stick behind the team, and forget the boardroom politics at the moment. It’s always been about the team for me, that’s where my focus lies. I’ve been really heartened by recent performances and feel we’re definitely heading in the right direction. Villa will be a tough game away but should the gods shine on us on Thursday, I hope we can get Teemu off the pitch early to aid his recovery and keep him fresher for the Spurs game. It looks to me like we’re going to put someone to the sword soon, and I hope so because we’ve all seen the potential of this side once we’ve gained a bit of confidence and momentum. It might only take that little bit of good fortune and a couple of good signings to take us away from some of the leagues poorer teams. I really do feel that we definitely have what it takes to at least finish above 3 other teams, there’s a fair few teams well in the mix and we should take heart from that 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I think the Carrow Rd telephone is going to be very busy this January - Emi, Teemu, Max, Todd, and Ben regardless of a minor injury, are just for starters.

Good job everyone is on a four year contract then. We might sell one, but not all of them at the end of this year, maybe Jan 2021 if things don't work out by XMAS next year. By then we'll know if we are bouncing back at the first opportunity or not, and Farke may have moved on too.

Switched on the Liverpool game when I get home and couldn't help thinking what they're missing is an Emi. He looked amazing playing for us today but he would be extraordinary in a top team with quality players around him. 

Like others have said, enjoy it while it lasts. Their will be interest from Spain as well as the Premier League 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Switched on the Liverpool game when I get home and couldn't help thinking what they're missing is an Emi. He looked amazing playing for us today but he would be extraordinary in a top team with quality players around him. 

Like others have said, enjoy it while it lasts. There will be interest from Spain as well as the Premier League 

In truth he was unplayable . That’s why Wolves kept taking him out.

he is always great to watch but yesterday he was on another planet.

He must have caught the eye of all the top boys.

What ever happens we will sell him, that’s in our DNA.

9 hours ago, Peanuts said:

I worry that it's the spirit that is the problem though. How many people at the game today thought that at half time we would see out the game for a comfortable win? Not me and not anyone around me, yet it would have been a fair result given our dominance in the first half. Once again as soon as Wolves put us under a bit of pressure in the second half we bottled it.

Buendia was fantastic today and we have some really exciting technical players, but due to lack of experience at this level it's clear they don't have that determination to grind out results against the odds week in and week out.

Then you need to take a small tiny bit of responsibility for the flat second half performance. Believe! The edgy atmosphere I'm certain contributed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

Then you need to take a small tiny bit of responsibility for the flat second half performance. Believe! The edgy atmosphere I'm certain contributed.

What a load of rubbish. It's a perfectly normal reaction to be nervous of a one goal lead given our recent results and for people who attend games to be emotionally involved in the result. But you stay classy and blame the supporters.