Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

Stewart Webber in Gunn club

Measured and sensible as always

looking for 2 in January if can get the quality

also fans weren’t good enough second half and you have to agree with him

felt zonal marking wasn’t the issue on the first goal rather than a player not doing his job

still have confidence in him 

• Like 1

I agree the atmosphere was flat in the second half. It was pretty poor in the build up to the game too. However, it was reasonably good for the first half and start of the second. 

That said, I'm not sure what he is expecting when the fans see us concede yet another soft set piece and see the team capitulate in the second half. I think it is unrealistic to expect the ground to be bouncing after seeing this happen so many times. 

It will be interesting to see who we bring in. Can't see us spending much money, considering the summer. Hopefully some more young talent for the future. 

Edited by HertsCanary93

1 minute ago, Hucks6 said:

Webber won’t give a toss when he leaves in two years time

Which suggests he will give a toss before he leaves.

Good.

23 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

felt zonal marking wasn’t the issue on the first goal rather than a player not doing his job

Fans weren't good enough?

The fans arent employees!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

On 08/12/2019 at 16:16, Yellowhammer said:

No they will rip us apart 

Fans werent good enough?....f#cking cheek, he should be asking how our team isnt good enough in second halves to meekly surrender leads against teams we've made look ordinary in the first half i.e Wolves and Sheff Utd

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

9 minutes ago, daly said:

Obvious it’s the fault of the fans we are in the bottom 2

Why spend money on players when you can get fans to give you money and take some blame for throwing away first half leads?

Edited by HertsCanary93

I wouldn't blame zonal marking for the first goal, I just remember watching it play out in slow motion, thinking Krul is going to come for that..hes going to punch that..hes going to, stay on his line.

Gutted today, but I think I'd be happier if we were ****,but first half could and maybe should have been 3 or 4 nil up.its so frustrating.

• Like 1

I appreciate what he has done here, but criticising the fans doesn't sit right with me. 

And if results correlated with typical noise levels of fans Palace would be in the top 6, Portsmouth would have won a triple promotion, and Arsenal would never have been invincible. 

The idea that it was the fans who threw away a lead at home is laughable. Are the fans to blame for our decision not to spend in the summer? 

Funny that I've never heard him criticise the fans yet JWC gets to hear it first hand in public just like that. Bit naive of him don't you think? I'd take second hand stuff like this with a pinch of salt before I gave him a hard time for it personally. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

Funny that I've never heard him criticise the fans yet JWC gets to hear it first hand in public just like that. Bit naive of him don't you think? I'd take second hand stuff like this with a pinch of salt before I gave him a hard time for it personally. 

He absolutely as,

Villa I recall.

4 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

He absolutely as,

Villa I recall.

Must be gospel then the ba$tard

Edited by Hairy Canary

Don't fall for this. It's the OP trying to wind you up in thinking Webber is getting at the fans. You know that he will not have said this and in  the terms that the fans are "not good enough" . The OP is trying to set posters against the club.

• Like 3

I like the fact he criticises the fans. It needs saying sometimes. We have to give as much as we can from the stands.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I like the fact he criticises the fans. It needs saying sometimes. We have to give as much as we can from the stands.

We don’t often agree but as I said in the OP I think he was justified in his view 

• Like 1

Webber said similar after the Villa game. Very flat atmosphere today I agree and I think the fans are sensing the inevitable to be fair. Wolves fans were quiet too. 

Very brave and justified to critisize the negative and disruptive behaviour of some of the so called fans. 

Did it before when he first came because of the treatment of the he Murphy bros. 

Do we know anyone constantly moaning and being negative about our young talented players? 

• Haha 3

Trouble is, most NCFC fans are not stupid.

They know full well that when we play that well in the first half, but have only one goal to show for it, the following is bound to happen.

1. We won't play as well in the 2nd half

2. The opposition will play better

3. Our defence will gift the opposition at least one goal

4. Farke will fail to see what's happening on the pitch and not change anything until it's too late

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Measured and sensible!!! Sounds like a complete to$$er to me!

Even the players could see the zonal marking wasn’t working second half. And as for the fans not good enough. How dare he even have an opinion on us fans.  

Webber's stock arguably falling by the week. He's already decided to leave in under 3 years but to where who knows. An important transfer window coming up and will show whether he's thrown the towel in for this season and already planning for the next. Some clubs will warm to a measured approach others will want a winner and a battler.

He did 'criticise' the fans, saying we need more from them and very quickly included the players and "us" realising I guess his remarks were not the best thought through. Hucks then added something along the lines, 'the entire club as one needs to step up'. TBH, was a little awkward.

With ten days to  go to the transfer window opening I would hope these players are ready to sign on the dotted line not negoiating once the window opens. Farke has already said that any new player will take a couple of weeks to bed in.

Having a go at the fans will not enhance his reputation they cannot influence the game, it wasn't the fans that didn't jump to stop the header for the first goal.