kick it off

Cheer up - we could be the scum

Have a feeling a Oxford will win this league, then there’s a few teams who will be ahead of the binners.

They have lost that confidence and more important the respect which other 3 rd division teams we’re falsely giving them. I doubt they will get automatic promotion and currently might just struggle to get into that playoff picture, now that would be great.

He’s only ever had success at one club, that was us - so why doesn’t he copy that formula, or is he afraid to tell them “we’ll do it the same way we (I) did it at Norwich”?

Edited by Surfer

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The stick Lambert is getting on TWTD is unbelievable. It's relenting as if the penny has finally, finally dropped that the man is a bit of a damp squib in management terms nowadays and relies mostly upon bull shine.

It took time though. I seem to remember that when he was first appointed his main remit from the fans was to steady the ship until he was able to get his own players in in his first (winter) window. This came and went and made no difference and their willingness to swallow the PR totally continued as they were relegated without so much as a whimper.

Will he be sacked if the Xmas period is a flop? I've lost count of the number of mangers that I hope Evans doesn't sack as the bad job they continued to do gave me please. Ditto Lambert now, but I have a feeling he will be hard to dislodge, nay even a tardigrade, as Evans seems to have pushed more money in his direction than he intended to and is probably now at the eyes closed, fingers crossed stage. 

A greater possibility is that PL will walk as he doesn't seem to like a hot kitchen nowadays and has pocketed his wedge.

An excellent distraction from our own slightly self imposed failings.

Edited just now by BroadstairsR

But the hierarchy/management of Norwich City seldom get criticised on here. Not that I blame Daniel for our current predicament this season. 

Will the penny ever drop on this message board? 

Now that they're finally waking up to the reality that they might find their supposed easy return to the Championship a little more challenging,  they're looking for someone to blame, Lambert is an easy target. 

All the anti Norwich stuff, used as a stick to beat him with ,while unfair, is only to be expected. 

Lambert meanwhile, will have trousered another years salary without providing the required results. 

Evans, for his part, is loathed to dump his Managers, he's almost too loyal, meaning Lambert is free to keep up the good work. 

• Like 1

😁😁

“My girlfriend works for Pipers Vale gymnastics club, they had four tickets from Town as a raffle prize and couldn't even give the tickets away.”

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

😁😁

“My girlfriend works for Pipers Vale gymnastics club, they had four tickets from Town as a raffle prize and couldn't even give the tickets away.”

!st Prize Two ITFC tickets.

2nd Prize Four ITFC tickets.

• Haha 2

Sometimes it's easy to go a bit OTT with how attached Ipswich are to their history- then you read passages like the screenshot below.

Screenshot_20191225-165109_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b837023cc637cb7315e91d4ed7f4d9b3.jpg 

'Few teams can match what we've achieved over history

You what??

4 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Sometimes it's easy to go a bit OTT with how attached Ipswich are to their history- then you read passages like the screenshot below.

Screenshot_20191225-165109_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b837023cc637cb7315e91d4ed7f4d9b3.jpg 

You what??

They won the old, old First Division in the days of black and white television.

The FA Cup forty odd years ago  ... other winners since then being Coventry, Wimbledon and Wigan.

The UEFA Cup which made them the "Champions of Europe," because they insist that the actual European Cup, the real competition, never existed.

As you said: "You what?"

Oh dear,shipping 5 goals to such 'inferior' opposition as Lincoln and the atmosphere on Tw*tted is positively febrile ............still,the Messiah will grit it out and show his usual loyalty 😂😂

On 25/12/2019 at 16:56, Mason 47 said:

You what??

They’re right. Can’t be many teams that have shipped 5 to Lincoln.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kick it off said:

They’re right. Can’t be many teams that have shipped 5 to Lincoln.

..........or even 7 against Peterborough 🤣

Said Oxford are the team this year, look like they’ve got the form to win this league, then Covvy are looking strong, my two for auto promotion with the binners finishing 8th.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Said Oxford are the team this year, look like they’ve got the form to win this league, then Covvy are looking strong, my two for auto promotion with the binners finishing 8th.

Oxford and Cov my two tips too Indy. Would love the third piece to happen too.

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Oxford and Cov my two tips too Indy. Would love the third piece to happen too.

Fingers crossed😂👍

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

Oxford looking good. Rotherham for second place for me but Coventry is a good call. Another half dozen games like this and they'll be down to half way 😁

4 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Warning!..... Freddie Sears is on his way back and Luke Chambers will be available soon, the rest of the Division have been warned. 😎

They both played today!