kick it off

Cheer up - we could be the scum

Real kick in the gut to lose after that first half display - deja vu after Sheff United game, but we're going down anyway (thank god) so it will be a better season next year - let's not all go on suicide watch over it.... at least we're playing better and it's not miserable to watch like it was a month ago.

On the plus side, we aren't the scum.

1 win in 10.

7 shots on target in their last EIGHT league games COMBINED..... in LEAGUE ONE.

Dropping like a rock. Nobody playing well.

Agent Lambert is playing a blinder.

• Like 4

Not sure where you got your stats from, according to the BBC they've SCORED 8 in the last 8, 29 shots on target, and won 3 of their last 10 (all League One stats, not including FA Cup or EFL Trophy).

No wins in the last five games though, out of the top two and only 3 points ahead of the team in 7th. One game in hand doesn't mean much if you are not winning. It could be real problem for them to get promoted unless they turn things around quickly. 

52 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Not sure where you got your stats from, according to the BBC they've SCORED 8 in the last 8, 29 shots on target, and won 3 of their last 10 (all League One stats, not including FA Cup or EFL Trophy).

Took them off a scummer's post - if it's wrong, it's wrong.

2 wins in the last 9 and out of the automatics - 3 points off 7th. 3 home wins all season.

And now the natives have turned...

Regardless of the shots stats, it's clearly all going a bit pear-shaped.

Edited by kick it off

There will be a lot of fans criticising Lambert at the next home match especially if things start to go against them early in the match. Last week he was critical of Suffolk and how slow life was! It won't have gone down well (and was a crass and stupid comment to make).

21 minutes ago, sonyc said:

There will be a lot of fans criticising Lambert at the next home match especially if things start to go against them early in the match. Last week he was critical of Suffolk and how slow life was! It won't have gone down well (and was a crass and stupid comment to make).

He is crass. Did he say it or write it? He may have got away with it if spoken providing there wasn't a translator in earshot. 

20 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Last week he was critical of Suffolk and how slow life was! It won't have gone down well (and was a crass and stupid comment to make).

....especially as he had worked at Norwich, and also at Colchester in the past. You would have thought he might have had half an idea what it would be like 

Carry on the good work, PL 

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

The picture is from Villa. Someone posted a picture of it to express their sentiments and it seems others got confused into thinking the banner was from today. only a matter of time til it becomes reality though.

I know!

You know that. I know that but TWTD obviously don’t know that.

"Real kick in the gut to lose after that first half display - deja vu after Sheff United game, but we're going down anyway (thank god) so it will be a better season next year."

Eh? I have just witnessed over 120 minutes of superb footballing pace and skill played by almost certainly the two best club sides in the world.

One of those teams,the winners actually, will be gracing the Carrow Road turf in the second half of this season in a Premier League fixture and you seem to welcome our relegation from that league and then lose our chance to play against the elite.

Dear oh dear!

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The way things are going for them we won't even have a local derby to look forward to next season.

I don’t look forward to it. In fact I bloody hate it. The further down the league they are the better it suits me.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, sonyc said:

About 40 years ago Bobby Robson said virtually the same thing. Before a derby game at their place he suggested that they just switch the game to Norwich to save us the trouble of taking over Portman Road. They made a lot of noise and destroyed us. Brilliant reverse psychology from Robson but Lambert doesn't have the players to back it up. They'll still be in League 1 next year and Lambert will be on the Costa del Sol counting his money🤑😂

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

If we do go down games against Villa, Leeds, Forest, Derby, Boro ain't so bad... 

Absolutely - I live in the midlands and am really missing the local fixtures. Everywhere in the Prem is fooking miles away

• Like 1

Agent Lambert - Played (managed) 61.

Won 17

Drawn 19

Lost 25

Goal difference  -16

Keep it going Paul.

Edited by kick it off

They had a 6 or 7 point lead at the top a few months ago, now there are 5 points between them and 11th. Fingers crossed the teams below them start to step up even more!

The stick Lambert is getting on TWTD is unbelievable. It's relenting as if the penny has finally, finally dropped that the man is a bit of a damp squib in management terms nowadays and relies mostly upon bull shine.

It took time though. I seem to remember that when he was first appointed his main remit from the fans was to steady the ship until he was able to get his own players in in his first (winter) window. This came and went and made no difference and their willingness to swallow the PR totally continued as they were relegated without so much as a whimper.

Will he be sacked if the Xmas period is a flop? I've lost count of the number of mangers that I hope Evans doesn't sack as the bad job they continued to do gave me please. Ditto Lambert now, but I have a feeling he will be hard to dislodge, nay even a tardigrade, as Evans seems to have pushed more money in his direction than he intended to and is probably now at the eyes closed, fingers crossed stage. 

A greater possibility is that PL will walk as he doesn't seem to like a hot kitchen nowadays and has pocketed his wedge.

An excellent distraction from our own slightly self imposed failings.

Edited just now by BroadstairsR