Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

What is your team of the decade

Recommended Posts

As title says, what is your team of the decade?

Mine is; 

Ruddy

Drury Bennett Zimmerman Martin

                       Tettey 

Maddison Hoolahan Hernandez

                   Pukki Holt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruddy

Martin Zimmermann Klose Olsson

Tettey

Buendia Maddison Hoolahan Johnson

Pukki/Holt - can’t decide on that one. Think Pukki would suit that team more.

Edited by Darth Vadis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Ruddy

Martin Fleming Zimmermann Drury

Redmond Buendia Hoolahan Maddison

Pukki Holt

Subs: Krul Pilkington Nedergaard Gary Holt C. Martin Tettey McVeigh

Which decade? One of your starting XI didn't play for us this decade, and another one had his best days behind him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drury's an odd shout?...from memory he played in league one for one season at the start of the decade but after that was replaced by Tierney??  (Fleming's an even odder shout as he left about 13 years ago?

...for what its worth

     Ruddy

Aarons Martin Bassong Olsson

Snodgrass Howson Johnson Hoolahan

       Pukki  Holt

special mentions to Maddison and Tettey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biased as picking players I liked/enjoyed watching rather than necessarily the 'best' for each position-and, a'la Lambert, playing in the 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond formation.

Gunn

Martin-Bassong-Klose-Dijks

Fox

Maddison-Pilkington

Wes

Holt-Pukki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Drury's an odd shout?...from memory he played in league one for one season at the start of the decade but after that was replaced by Tierney?? 

I noticed a couple of days ago that he was leading the left-back poll on the Pinkun website and that surprised me too. He played the first two years of the decade, but was only ever a sub behind Tierney during our ascent to the Premier League. I find it strange that someone (Olsson) who did well in a few seasons, three of them in the Premier League, doesn't get in ahead of him.

If it were team of the last 20 years then Drury would be my choice, but his best days were clearly in the previous decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I noticed a couple of days ago that he was leading the left-back poll on the Pinkun website and that surprised me too. He played the first two years of the decade, but was only ever a sub behind Tierney during our ascent to the Premier League. I find it strange that someone (Olsson) who did well in a few seasons, three of them in the Premier League, doesn't get in ahead of him.

If it were team of the last 20 years then Drury would be my choice, but his best days were clearly in the previous decade.

Indeed....even Garrido would be ahead of Drury this decade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're all being way too pedantic over Drury! One of our best left backs ever and to ignore him from the poll, seeing as though he was playing this decade but perhaps wasn't as good as he used to be, is daft.

More deserving of being in there than Madders, but many chose him...

So, it's just a poll guys. No need to go to deep with it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I think you're all being way too pedantic over Drury! One of our best left backs ever and to ignore him from the poll, seeing as though he was playing this decade but perhaps wasn't as good as he used to be, is daft.

But this decade is regarded as being 2010-2019. Drury was great in the previous decade but didn't play much in this one, so I just find it strange that he can be in the team of THIS decade.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But this decade is regarded as being 2010-2019. Drury was great in the previous decade but didn't play much in this one, so I just find it strange that he can be in the team of THIS decade.

Let's be honest, there haven't been that many outstanding LB's for us! He was, so I think it's fair to include him!

They also needed to make up the numbers 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruddy

Aarons Bassong Klose  Lewis

Tettey

Redmond Surman Wes Pilkington

Pukki 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

👍

Seriously, Redmond as our best right sided player in the last 10 years, and Pilkington on the left? That's why I love football I guess, for all these different perceptions - with those two in the same team, our full backs would have to be world class!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                   Ruddy

Aarons Bassong Klose  Olsson

        Tettey Maddison

Redmond                 Hoolahan

            Pukki     Holt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Seriously, Redmond as our best right sided player in the last 10 years, and Pilkington on the left? That's why I love football I guess, for all these different perceptions - with those two in the same team, our full backs would have to be world class!

Indeed they would! But I saw it as a team of best individuals not necessarily the best team that would perform together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×