Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

What is your team of the decade

As title says, what is your team of the decade?

Mine is; 

Ruddy

Drury Bennett Zimmerman Martin

Tettey 

Maddison Hoolahan Hernandez

Pukki Holt

Ruddy

Martin Zimmermann Klose Olsson

Tettey

Buendia Maddison Hoolahan Johnson

Pukki/Holt - can’t decide on that one. Think Pukki would suit that team more.

Edited by Darth Vadis

9 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Ruddy

Martin Fleming Zimmermann Drury

Redmond Buendia Hoolahan Maddison

Pukki Holt

Subs: Krul Pilkington Nedergaard Gary Holt C. Martin Tettey McVeigh

Which decade? One of your starting XI didn't play for us this decade, and another one had his best days behind him.

Drury's an odd shout?...from memory he played in league one for one season at the start of the decade but after that was replaced by Tierney??  (Fleming's an even odder shout as he left about 13 years ago?

...for what its worth

Ruddy

Aarons Martin Bassong Olsson

Snodgrass Howson Johnson Hoolahan

Pukki  Holt

special mentions to Maddison and Tettey

Biased as picking players I liked/enjoyed watching rather than necessarily the 'best' for each position-and, a'la Lambert, playing in the 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond formation.

Gunn

Martin-Bassong-Klose-Dijks

Fox

Maddison-Pilkington

Wes

Holt-Pukki

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Drury's an odd shout?...from memory he played in league one for one season at the start of the decade but after that was replaced by Tierney?? 

I noticed a couple of days ago that he was leading the left-back poll on the Pinkun website and that surprised me too. He played the first two years of the decade, but was only ever a sub behind Tierney during our ascent to the Premier League. I find it strange that someone (Olsson) who did well in a few seasons, three of them in the Premier League, doesn't get in ahead of him.

If it were team of the last 20 years then Drury would be my choice, but his best days were clearly in the previous decade.

23 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I noticed a couple of days ago that he was leading the left-back poll on the Pinkun website and that surprised me too. He played the first two years of the decade, but was only ever a sub behind Tierney during our ascent to the Premier League. I find it strange that someone (Olsson) who did well in a few seasons, three of them in the Premier League, doesn't get in ahead of him.

If it were team of the last 20 years then Drury would be my choice, but his best days were clearly in the previous decade.

Indeed....even Garrido would be ahead of Drury this decade

I think you're all being way too pedantic over Drury! One of our best left backs ever and to ignore him from the poll, seeing as though he was playing this decade but perhaps wasn't as good as he used to be, is daft.

More deserving of being in there than Madders, but many chose him...

So, it's just a poll guys. No need to go to deep with it!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I think you're all being way too pedantic over Drury! One of our best left backs ever and to ignore him from the poll, seeing as though he was playing this decade but perhaps wasn't as good as he used to be, is daft.

But this decade is regarded as being 2010-2019. Drury was great in the previous decade but didn't play much in this one, so I just find it strange that he can be in the team of THIS decade.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But this decade is regarded as being 2010-2019. Drury was great in the previous decade but didn't play much in this one, so I just find it strange that he can be in the team of THIS decade.

Let's be honest, there haven't been that many outstanding LB's for us! He was, so I think it's fair to include him!

They also needed to make up the numbers 😉

Ruddy

Aarons Bassong Klose  Lewis

Tettey

Redmond Surman Wes Pilkington

Pukki 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Ruddy

Aarons Bassong Klose  Lewis

Tettey

Redmond Surman Wes Pilkington

Pukki 

👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

👍

Seriously, Redmond as our best right sided player in the last 10 years, and Pilkington on the left? That's why I love football I guess, for all these different perceptions - with those two in the same team, our full backs would have to be world class!

• Haha 1

Ruddy

Aarons Bassong Klose  Olsson

Tettey Maddison

Redmond                 Hoolahan

Pukki     Holt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Seriously, Redmond as our best right sided player in the last 10 years, and Pilkington on the left? That's why I love football I guess, for all these different perceptions - with those two in the same team, our full backs would have to be world class!

Indeed they would! But I saw it as a team of best individuals not necessarily the best team that would perform together!