TCCANARY

Ben Godfrey injured

19 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Got to sign a goddamn centre back in Jan.

As Farke said, though, even if we do sign a CB in Jan (think we will) it's going to be a couple of weeks until they'd be anywhere near ready to start a game. Farke never rushes new players in.

It's shocking timing on all levels, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Diane said:

Will be shocked if we don't get a cb on loan in Jan.

You seriously still get shocked by what our club does Diane ? 😜

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hope against hope I’m wrong but think Wolves will be far too strong for us . 1.3. 

Like Man City and Leicester? You do understand what the word supporter means?

I think Hanley, if selected, will do just fine. There’s 10 other City players out on that pitch, and they’re playing really well at the moment, confidence has seeped back into the likes of Emi, Teemu, etc and they will be up for it 110%. I firmly believe we’ll get a result 👍🏼

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yes I supported the club last Saturday and thought they deserved a win. Today I think we will lose but would be delighted if we win. 
what exactly is your point ? 

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Wolves are a very decent side. With or without Godfrey we’d be up against it playing this lot.

Most of us on here want us to suceed but we’re in an unforgiving League now.

Such a massive blow and at such a critical time. It’s just been the season from hell on the injuries front. Felt we had a real opportunity again with the Wolves and Villa games to push on and get ourselves in a better position. We still have that opportunity but the task has become a harder one 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Yes I supported the club last Saturday and thought they deserved a win. Today I think we will lose but would be delighted if we win. 
what exactly is your point ? 

Nothing more to say Nuff Said is MORTY Mark ll picks on everyone 

3 minutes ago, daly said:

Nah, he just picks on the constantly negative ones. He's alright.👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My reaction, especially after being at Leicester, was “oh sh*t, but we can still give them a game”. To immediately jump to a reaction of “we’re going to lose”, given what we both saw last week, just seems odd to me. I guess I lack empathy.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

My reaction, especially after being at Leicester, was “oh sh*t, but we can still give them a game”. To immediately jump to a reaction of “we’re going to lose”, given what we both saw last week, just seems odd to me. I guess I lack empathy.

It is the man at sea isn’t it ! Glad you came back.

13 minutes ago, daly said:

TBF daly, you appear to be slightly to the right of Attila the Hun as well as permanently miserable about the club’s chances, so we aren’t going to agree on much. Takes all sorts...

I don't get all this anti-Grant Hanleyism by some.

Ok, he may be fourth in line at the moment but he's an oven ready (hic!) central defender who has played about forty times in the Premier League.

He certainly doesn't lack heart (remember his part in that Klose headed equaliser against the binners a couple of seasons ago?) and that, along with his 6' 2" frame, might be just what our defence needs at the moment.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It is the man at sea isn’t it ! Glad you came back.

I believe I am a little bit taller than Morty. Also without a permanent chip on my shoulder, or a pathological need or have the last word.

So I’d better make this my last post on the subject. 🤭

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Ok, he may be fourth in line at the moment but he's an oven ready (hic!) central defender who has played about forty times in the Premier League.

He certainly doesn't lack heart (remember his part in that Klose headed equaliser against the binners a couple of seasons ago?) and that, along with his 6' 2" frame, might be just what our defence needs at the moment.

This. He struggled to get in the team because of he’s less able to play out from the back, but was originally brought in to add some no-nonsense, experienced British defending muscle. We could still use a bit of this.

32 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This. He struggled to get in the team because of he’s less able to play out from the back, but was originally brought in to add some no-nonsense, experienced British defending muscle. We could still use a bit of this.

Yeah, he could definitely do a job if he’s up against players like Benteke or that lad at Villa ( Wesley ? )

Godfrey is such a massive loss because of his mobility and pace. Hanley isn't actually as slow as he looks, he's got a fair turn of pace... definitely faster than Zimbo, and full of heart. He might be a bit short of recent match experience, but realistically he's going to be playing against Wolves, Villa, Spurs and Palace, so hopefully he'll get up to speed pretty quickly.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Godfrey is such a massive loss because of his mobility and pace. Hanley isn't actually as slow as he looks, he's got a fair turn of pace... definitely faster than Zimbo, and full of heart. He might be a bit short of recent match experience, but realistically he's going to be playing against Wolves, Villa, Spurs and Palace, so hopefully he'll get up to speed pretty quickly.

Agree Wolfo, he's what we have so lets get behind him if he plays. Whether or not he does is another matter, depending i suppose, on his fitness level.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

I don't know what the figure is, but the times this/last season Hanley has started and we have won is very low. 

Last season got himself sent off early in an FA Cup game and started this season with own goal. 

He will be lacking in confidence and match fitness. 

Hanley for me all day long.

If fit and he is not selected it would be a bad move I feel for many reasons. He is a solid player and deserves the chance again 

We are were we are, but we require a paid for solution come early January. Otherwise we may as well kiss this league goodbye again without making a decent fist of it.

• Like 1