TCCANARY

Ben Godfrey injured

2 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Probably wrapping him in cotton wool prior to being sold in the transfer window...😉

Apples

Or doing a Kathy Bates-style job on his ankles to prevent him being sold in the transfer window...

• Haha 2

A mate has just told me who the WOTB poster is who posted that (name is 'lurd' on there)... it's someone who I know, and I would be extremely surprised if this wasn't true.

Just now, king canary said:

Hanley and Zimmerman would be a slow pair.

True, but at least they are both ‘proper’ cb’s, so hopefully no need to play guys out of position if BG is indeed out.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

True, but at least they are both ‘proper’ cb’s, so hopefully no need to play guys out of position if BG is indeed out.

Yeah that would be preferable.

It also scuppers any chances to go three at the back though which is a shame.

Clear it is absolutely vital we sign a central defender in January- we can't exist permanently one injury away from crisis.

• Like 8

Just now, king canary said:

Clear it is absolutely vital we sign a central defender in January- we can't exist permanently one injury away from crisis.

Yup. Still a domestic loan spot free if they don't want to go down the 'panic buy' route.

1 minute ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Seemed to be walking fine when he visited the Norfolk and Norwich yesterday 

Well unless he's somehow 'tweaked' it overnight (going down Onel's stairs?), I guess the brace is just a precaution. He does seem to be walking unaided in the photo, so presumably it's just a minor op... strained knee ligaments would be my guess.

7 hours ago, king canary said:

Totally agreed, KC - think it wouldn’t harm squad morale either knowing if we did get a further injury there then we’re stocked up. Even if Ben is fine, I think a central defender must be a priority, and hopefully some cover for Teemu too. I have total faith in Drmic’s ability, but unfortunately keeping him injury free appears to be another matter entirely.

9 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Probably wrapping him in cotton wool prior to being sold in the transfer window...😉

Apples

🖕🖕How’d you like these, Apples? 😝

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

"How’d you like these, Apples?"

Well really, how rude. 🤣

Apples 

And yet so hard-won & intricately engineered! nobody more deserving 😊

I’ve not seen anything more on this. PinkUn are speculating about who replaces him, but with no evidence that he is injured. It is all based on one sighting in London AFAIK.

Anyone else know more?

32 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’ve not seen anything more on this. PinkUn are speculating about who replaces him, but with no evidence that he is injured. It is all based on one sighting in London AFAIK.

Anyone else know more?

I'm in the same boat as you, Nuff. No idea! Although I do know the guy who took the snap in London....

However, I think since Pink Un are speculating on who should replace him that we will be unlikely to see him over the festive period. Which really, really sucks.

Hanley would seem the most natural replacement. We'll really miss Godfrey's pace and his ability to spray diagonal passes to the wings etc. though. Gaaahhhh! So annoying if he is crocked.

Edited by BobLoz3

It’s an opportunity to get the cb we need in nice and early to hit the ground running from 1Jan (or whenever the Window opens) a la Liverpool with the Japanese guy from Salzburg.