nutty nigel

It's been some decade for Norwich City Football Club!

According to the BBC, we have the fourth worst goal difference in the prem over the last decade of -109! Only Fulham (-111), Sunderland (-125) and villa (-151) have worse, though all have played significantly more games than us in the division...

Villa Park last season.

The trophy celebrations and how the squad members like Ivo Pinto were invited to join in, also Tim Krull making a point of taking the trophy to Michael & Delia.

All in all, it's been a very fun club to support, with some marvellous moments and displays and some pretty good players to perform them.

All this despite the fact that we haven't got a "bulging trophy cabinet" to boast about on a regular basis.

It points to one certainty, imo,  that, even if we do go down again our boomerang will come back (or is it yo-yos we should be talking about.)

Edited by BroadstairsR

It has been an amazing decade looking back to Lambert taking us from L1 straight on through the Champs into the Prem, going up via the playoffs under AN - winning at Wembley is a never-to-be-forgotten experience and winning the title last season in amazing style. 

Also I can't help a wry smile at the fact that us beating the scummers in the semi-final of the playoffs is not our "moment of the decade" whereas scoring an equalizer against us in that tie (despite the fact that we won the tie...) seems to be a very strong candidate for their "moment of the decade" - I mean, how completely bizarre and hilarious is that ?

Seriously though, what could possibly be Ipswich's moment of the decade? They have only finished in the top six of any division once, losing to us in the semis, and they haven't won a derby.

The only thing I can possibly think of for them is the League Cup semifinal in 2011.

Meanwhile, we've had four promotions, several Premier League seasons, we're unbeaten in the derbies plus we've spanked them numerous times and we've beaten a few of the big boys in the Premier League.

And some people still have the nerve to complain about our situation and how the club has been run.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, JF said:

If anyone wants a laugh visit twtd where they are discussing the same thing 

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/471381/ipswich-football-moment-of-the-decade-/#28

I don't know how to do the linky thing but some joker has started a thread about their Team of the decade. Claiming that it would be good enough to compete at the bottom of the Premiership...... clearly, they've been away a long time. 

3 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I don't know how to do the linky thing but some joker has started a thread about their Team of the decade. Claiming that it would be good enough to compete at the bottom of the Premiership...... clearly, they've been away a long time. 

Ha! Just had a look.

The only player they mention anywhere near Prem level (and we're talking when he was in his prime) is Bullard!

Perhaps Murphy may have been alright, along with Macauly and Chalobah. But, seriously??!

Edited by BobLoz3