Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Will Wolves be a tougher test than Leicester?

Watching Wolves v Spurs, they had periods where they seemed to be playing Tottenham off the park. I think they were really unlucky to come away with nothing from that game, and I'm worried we are going to get the backlash as they will be determined to not drop points 2 games in a row. Maybe Leicester players underestimated us a bit - I can't see Wolves doing the same, as I'm sure Nuno will point to our Leicester result as a warning. The crowd are really going to have to get behind the team for this one.

September the last home win so the fans must be hope for some festive cheer. And if we get cut adrift at the bottom, the whole mood changes. Some of our recent performances and seeing a small gap to safety gives reason for hope. If that gap gets any bigger than 6 and I fear the worst.

We are at home and need to start making that factor count - something that’s not been happening enough, poor defeats to Villa and Watford in particular.  Wolves will be tough but we’ve shown we are capable of matching decent sides and ought to hope for a draw as a minimum.

A tough game on Saturday against Wolves who are a very decent strong side.....If we get a positive result.....I'll be more than happy.....Wolves v Spuds was a fortunate 'Smash an' Grab' for the Laandaan club....

Wolves play quite attacking football so it should play into our hands nicely. It'll be tougher if they come and sit back, hoping to press us when necessary, as we always struggle that way.

The most pertinent thing is whether we'll have Teemu available as without him I can't see us scoring! I don't just mean him scoring, but also his intelligent movement leaving space for others.

3 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Wolves play quite attacking football so it should play into our hands nicely. It'll be tougher if they come and sit back, hoping to press us when necessary, as we always struggle that way.

The most pertinent thing is whether we'll have Teemu available as without him I can't see us scoring! I don't just mean him scoring, but also his intelligent movement leaving space for others.

Teemu will be fine. I think Wolves's style will afford us chances; if we play the same XI as Leicester I think we'll have a good chance of getting something. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Teemu will be fine. I think Wolves's style will afford us chances; if we play the same XI as Leicester I think we'll have a good chance of getting something. 

Yeah I think he will too! As discussed on the other thread about who would replace him.

Yeah their style should suit us. It'll depend on whether they get a lot of crosses in or set plays 😉

Wolves certainly looked mightily impressive v Spurs and coming back to the OP I would say here and now that a draw against them will be a massive point. The game that we really need to win is at Villa Park and it is winnable, but sadly our record on Boxing Day is normally pants! 

39 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Wolves certainly looked mightily impressive v Spurs and coming back to the OP I would say here and now that a draw against them will be a massive point. The game that we really need to win is at Villa Park and it is winnable, but sadly our record on Boxing Day is normally pants! 

Pants indeed. Totally agree with this. Defeat at Villa  would be an absolute disaster and we are going to have to buck the trend and not lose to a rival relegation side. 

Don't think we'll see much of the ball against Wolves so it could be a long old afternoon. I think they will be harder than Leicester mainly because they have more players capable of scoring whereas Leicester rely a lot on Vardy. Looking forward to it should be a good game.

I’m sure their supporters will be very confident of 3 points, and you couldn’t blame them - a good side who’ve come a long way from the days of that hideous Jez Moxey. Fingers crossed Godfrey will be fit for it, because since we’ve got over the ridiculous injury list, we certainly have not looked a team second from bottom - it’s a false position imo given the teams we had to put out during that period. The solidity at the back has really given us something to build on and we look a very decent team indeed when we’re up for it. Leicester really struggled with our quick and clever inventive movement. And as pointed out, we definitely play much better against the ‘footballing’ teams, so Wolves style will certainly suit us. Traore is obviously a real menace for them, if I was a Wolves supporter I’d be a bit peeved at how Spurs seemed to get away with fouling him non stop the other day - how they didn’t get booked is beyond me. If Ben and Teemu are both fit then I will feel very confident indeed - Buendia also is starting to find his feet and I’m sure will cause their defenders a lot of problems. Not sure what Wolves away record is like though?

If Husband could keep Traore quiet at Middlesborough a couple seasons back then I reckon Byram may also have a shot at it!

A different animal now, perhaps, but it's only of late he's really found his form.