Canary73

Palace v Brighton

So yet another derby can take place in the evening presumably on consultation or police advice yet ours is always a Noon kick off or thereabouts. About time East Anglia's constabularies got up to speed.

Is this really a derby? Do the two teams fans regard each other as their nearest hated team? I’m sure a Palace would see plenty other teams as a derby before Brighton! Have I missed something Or you on a wind up?

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Is this really a derby? Do the two teams fans regard each other as their nearest hated team? I’m sure a Palace would see plenty other teams as a derby before Brighton! Have I missed something Or you on a wind up?

Apparently, as weird as it seems, this is an actual derby, Indy - possibly the strangest in the country, surely Palace’s should be another south London team?

Selhurst Park is about the same distance from Brighton as Norwich is to Ipswich, possibly a bit less.

Good road too.

Neither West Ham nor Charlton (grounds) are much nearer to Palace, travelwise.

Taking into account that much of Palace's support comes from Croydon (much more populated than either Norwich or Ipswich) then the distance is less.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Fair enough, but I’ve never heard of this as a derby, is it a tv made derby or do the fans actually see it as a derby? Thanks for the heads up......👍

Believe me, Brighton v Palace is as big to their fans as the Binner game is to us - it’s Brighton’s closest and Croydon is straight up the M23 and also (used to be) the first/only main stop up to Victoria.  Quite why our local police are now incapable of managing our game other than on a Sunday lunchtime is beyond me.

I might just vomit if I hear one more time that Roy Hodgson is grappling with an injury crisis. Don't they realise their national treasure is naïve?

• Haha 1

It should be dubbed the “insignificant derby” as no one else gives a ***k. 😂

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Indy said:

It should be dubbed the “insignificant derby” as no one else gives a ***k. 😂

A bit like our derby then !