Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Todd Cantwell and Teemu's Toe

44 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, having seen Idah since he was a 11/12 year old , would love to see him make it,  so much more so that hes at City. We had a lad that very  nearly made it  at Sunderland  a few years ago, given pro contract  at 18, but that was as far as he got, not playing professional footy now. Idah has progressed further than that lad, in as much that he's a regular at Ireland u21, but still a long way to go, that one small footstep over the touchline , into a regular  senior competitive  position  is a massive leap in standards, international u21, though competitive,  is still development  football. Look at Troy Parrot  at spurs, a year younger than idah, very well thought of , regular Ireland u21, CL U19 top scorer, penalty taker,bags of swagger,and a senior  , albeit friendly,start,has played  very little indeed for spurs seniors, making his senior debut as a sub when spurs were 5 nil up, so no pressure. I can see Idah being introduced as part of a front3, right or left, as opposed to dropping him in as main striker, less pressure. 

Good insight Corky, thank you. I'd be surprised if he was played out of position, though - hasn't he always been a centre forward? I'd imagine his best next move would be to go to a Championship/League One club where he will get good service... maybe a club near the top of League One who aren't Ipswich might be a convenient solution all round? 🙂

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Good insight Corky, thank you. I'd be surprised if he was played out of position, though - hasn't he always been a centre forward? I'd imagine his best next move would be to go to a Championship/League One club where he will get good service... maybe a club near the top of League One who aren't Ipswich might be a convenient solution all round? 🙂

I do know that he has played on the right and left of a front 3 for Ireland as well as in the centre , so he is adaptable,  whether DF would play him there is of course another issue.  When he was younger he often played wide right for club and country, and made a decent job of it. So hard to judge a kid at his present level though,  put him in and he may swim or sink, I suppose its all down to the manager  and whatever he feels is right for the team and the player.  If we go down, I'd rather he stayed as first back up to pukki and found his senior feet with us , getting used to our style and embedding himself in the squad. 46 league games plus cups and international  is a massive workload for pukki alone, and if idah IS in DFs long term plans, he'd be better served staying imo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Who would want to be normal anyway? I can't wait to see what Idah's made of either... I'm sure we will in 2020, whether that's with us or on loan.

Haha fair comment on both parts. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, having seen Idah since he was a 11/12 year old , would love to see him make it,  so much more so that hes at City. We had a lad that very  nearly made it  at Sunderland  a few years ago, given pro contract  at 18, but that was as far as he got, not playing professional footy now. Idah has progressed further than that lad, in as much that he's a regular at Ireland u21, but still a long way to go, that one small footstep over the touchline , into a regular  senior competitive  position  is a massive leap in standards, international u21, though competitive,  is still development  football. Look at Troy Parrot  at spurs, a year younger than idah, very well thought of , regular Ireland u21, CL U19 top scorer, penalty taker,bags of swagger,and a senior  , albeit friendly,start,has played  very little indeed for spurs seniors, making his senior debut as a sub when spurs were 5 nil up, so no pressure. I can see Idah being introduced as part of a front3, right or left, as opposed to dropping him in as main striker, less pressure. 

You’ve lost your touch, Wcork - you had a great chance there to call him Idaho 😉

• Haha 3

Possibly try 2 up front in Pukki and Srbeny/Idah in case Pukki isn’t playing up to his usual standard.

On 17/12/2019 at 11:03, Woodman said:

Maybe Onel with Stiepermann or MacLean in the 10 role - his pace would frighten the life out of any defence.

Onel has been disappointing since his return. He is not attacking the defence as much as he did last season or making space for shots on goal. As for his work covering in defence, he has been very poor. Atm he is best used as a sub.