Sign in to follow this  
Sir Quinny

Right Stop Right Now

Whats done is done - he is gone - its been mishandled - thats life as a football fan.  We all need to stop pointing the finger and get behind our club.  All we seem to be doing is shooting ourselves in the foot.

WHats been done has been done for a reason - we will probably never find out why.  We know Ashtons reasons and they are fair - would any of us have done any different in our jobs?

I for one am going to remain firmly behind the club - I still belive we can win promotion - Worthy has had his rash of buying dodgy central midfielders - of the £2m he islikely to be given to spend I am going to belive rightly or wrongly that he will buy some quality.

Come on folks get behind our club - otherwise we are in trouble.

Wizard - say what you feel though (it is honestly appreciated) - because without you and your honesty life would not be the same!!

Totally agree. The reaction today has been over the top. It is nobodies fault and nobody should go. Yes, he was our best player but we now have money to make an average squad a good one. He wanted to go and we got a good price.

I am willing to give Worthington the chance to see what he does with this money, this may be his final chance though.

I think Ashtons transfer was handled very well actually.

Just because this message Board wasn''t kept informed on every twist and turn don''t think otherwise.

Incidentally, when Worthington claimed he had a scan of Ashton''s injury he didnot say he was about to hand it to Pardew and the west Ham physio did he?

I can''t see how it''s been mishandled. I wonder sometimes if most people here have ever experienced a football deal develop before. It''s not something you go shouting your mouth off about, unless you''re a less scrupulous club (eg Portsmouth).

Red Nose wrote "Incidentally, when Worthington claimed he had a scan of Ashton''s injury he did not say he was about to hand it to Pardew and the West Ham physio did he?"

As I have said a number of times I don''t think Worthington is particularly bright. I think he probably thanked Mr.Pardew for the idea of "we have the scan to prove it" and, on that basis, agreed not to play Ashton.