Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Good news prior to Liverpool at home!

We play Liverpool at Carrow Rd just 3 days before they take on Atletico Madrid away in Spain for a Champions League knock out tie. No way will Klopp field all his big guns against us, even more so if they’re still cruising at the top of the league. Could me massive for us 🙏👍🏼

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7797475/Liverpool-TEN-days-travelling-Atletico-Madrid-Man-City-face-nightmare.html

28 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Every little helps, that's for sure.

Nowadays  referred to as                    ' marginal gains'. Just hope Tesco dont nick that from SW.Maybe he can sue them if they do.

Doh! I got it wrong folks - it’s irrelevant, we play them on the 8th and they don’t play Atletico until the 18th! Hopefully we’ll be flying by then regardless!

As I’ve just corrected my error to my mate from Liverpool, they now have a full 10 days to rebuild their confidence after their trip to FCR! 😂

• Haha 1

As far as I know the date of the Liverpool game hasn't yet been decided.  Despite all the games appearing on the fixture list as 8th Feb, half the fixtures wil be weekend of 8th & half 15th so each team gets a 2 week winter break. Would be great if PL or more likely Sky/Bt would get round to sorting out dates

Champions League regulars like Liverpool have enough quality to field 2 Teams capable of being competitive in the Premiership, their 2nd  11 are likely to want to send Klopp the message that they should be in the first Team.... be careful what you wish for. 

On 16/12/2019 at 20:51, splendidrush said:

Champions League regulars like Liverpool have enough quality to field 2 Teams capable of being competitive in the Premiership, their 2nd  11 are likely to want to send Klopp the message that they should be in the first Team.... be careful what you wish for. 

Errrrr..... you might want to reconsider your post in the light of tonight’s result?

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Errrrr..... you might want to reconsider your post in the light of tonight’s result?

Good call, surprised at that result. 👍

Anyone know when these fixtures around the winter break get finalised? 

Edited by Mutley

On 20/12/2019 at 12:20, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Liverpool on the 15th.

...i'm contemplating getting on a plane and sodding off somewhere warm on the 8th now..

Yes, just noticed this as well, GJL.

We do indeed play Liverpool just days before their game against Atletico. If they are out of sight by then, or rather, comfortably leading at the top, then I doubt we will be facing most of their big guns. An opportunity perhaps...