markf1

Leicester goal

Quite simply, NO. But the linesman didn’t spot that, so there we have it. Don’t think it is a VAR reviewable issues - another VAR problem if so. 

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Has anyone got a picture ? Overhanging would have been ok ?

thanks

I believe Waveney is very overhanging , in Turkey they call it a balcony😀, just out of interest and for those who enjoy a cheap holiday.

Apparently is just overhanging but it’s an absolute nonsense. Just state in the rules it has to be taken from within the marked area to avoid all this

• Like 1

Watching it live, I thought it was outside the quadrant,  but it was the camera  angle, second time of viewing could see it was clearly  overhanging the quadrant line and therefore ok. 

• Like 2

Wasn't the corner taken right in front of the Norwich fans? Why didn't they point it out to the lino, or was it just because Maddison was taken the corner? 

We need the fans to be switched on as well, not just the defenders 🤪

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wasn't the corner taken right in front of the Norwich fans? Why didn't they point it out to the lino, or was it just because Maddison was taken the corner? 

It wasn't  an illegal corner  it was fine, apart from the fact that they scored from it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Lakey? Is that you?

• Like 1

Ive got all het up about this at games in the past. Yesterday’s was as bad as they come.

But overall now I’d say the extra 3” or whatever is not really an appreciable advantage. So are we really that bothered? ie. Is the principle of it actually worth anything

I'd be more concerened about the marking, or lack of it, on Vardy.

Free header inside the 6 yard box and,  as they say, "zones never score goals but unmarked players frequently do"

22 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I'd be more concerened about the marking, or lack of it, on Vardy.

Free header inside the 6 yard box and,  as they say, "zones never score goals but unmarked players frequently do"

Yep, Kenny was on his heels and let Vardy slip in front of him. 

• Like 1

More bothering that yet again we concede from a set peice, at near post by giving the league's most prolific scorer a free reign not being picked up by the sheriff. 

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes, if the fans had been a bit more focussed they might have given the lino and Maddison some stick for the ball placement and created a bit of tension...but oh yes they were too busy hero worshipping.  Oh we love you James....oops there goes the three points.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, if the fans had been a bit more focussed they might have given the lino and Maddison some stick for the ball placement and created a bit of tension...but oh yes they were too busy hero worshipping.  Oh we love you James....oops there goes the three points.

Correction ............as we did actually get a draw then it was only 2pts 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Can you please limit your fan-bashing to just the one thread? This is just trolling and nothing more.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Can you please limit your fan-bashing to just the one thread? This is just trolling and nothing more.

I'm sorry, but you mentioned my name in this thread in answer to the post I quoted so I have every right to comment. And it's not trolling either. That is just a cop out kind of thing to say.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm sorry, but you mentioned my name in this thread in answer to the post I quoted so I have every right to comment. And it's not trolling either. That is just a cop out kind of thing to say.

That's b*llocks and you know it. You're deliberately using provocative language to get a rise out of people. One thread wasn't enough, so you waded in on another one.

I was there with 3,000+ other people singing my heart out for the entire match to the extent that I can barely speak today, so I'm not going to sit here and let you refer to those fans as 'ludicrous' and 'cringeworthy', 'lacking focus' and somehow complicit in us conceding a goal?

This is absolute madness, even by your standards.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's b*llocks and you know it. You're deliberately using provocative language to get a rise out of people. One thread wasn't enough, so you waded in on another one.

I was there with 3,000+ other people singing my heart out for the entire match to the extent that I can barely speak today, so I'm not going to sit here and let you refer to those fans as 'ludicrous' and 'cringeworthy', 'lacking focus' and somehow complicit in us conceding a goal?

This is absolute madness, even by your standards.

Wolfo does  have  a point, Lakeyo. 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wolfo does  have  a point, Lakeyo. 

They both do. As soon as the applause for Maddison at the corner started I was worried it would come back and bite us. FTW has some justification in what he says about Lakey’s overreaction but equally he 1) shouldn’t be surprised if he takes the p*ss and Lakey responds, and 2) is exaggerating how many of us applauded Madders.

Now boys, how about you both agree we all want the same thing as City supporters, shake hands and stop clogging up this board looking for the last word? It’s tiresome for the rest of us (by which I mean me).

• Like 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

They both do. As soon as the applause for Maddison at the corner started I was worried it would come back and bite us. FTW has some justification in what he says about Lakey’s overreaction but equally he 1) shouldn’t be surprised if he takes the p*ss and Lakey responds, and 2) is exaggerating how many of us applauded Madders.

Now boys, how about you both agree we all want the same thing as City supporters, shake hands and stop clogging up this board looking for the last word? It’s tiresome for the rest of us (by which I mean me).

Binner

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm happy to agree to disagree, but it's quite simple, I would not have entered the debate on this thread if you hadn't mentioned me in a post.  If you give it out you should be able to take it back in return.

I will cut and paste my contribution in the current VAR thread which deserves some recognition as I spent the best part of Sunday morning on these intricate calculations:-.

"Having very carefully worked out the trajectory, the angle and the pace of the kick, and taking into account the surface temperature and wind speed on the day and JM's shoe size I have come to the conclusion that without those two inches of advantage it  would have meant the ball would have struck Vardy's head at an angle that would have caused the headed ball to miss Krul's outstretched arm and go straight on to Zimbo's left peg to be booted into touch." 

Result: 0-1.:classic_ohmy:

Joking apart I cannot for the life of me see how that extra inch gained would make any difference, the above conclusion could have been reversed after all. However, as they all seem to do it there must be some perceived advantage and although we have a manager who has in the past professed the importance of attention to detail this tactic seems to be stretching it a bit.

Having freeze-framed the highlights of their goal Maddison's infringement was one of the most blatant examples of the practise.

As the co-commentator (?) repeated several times on the television it was against the rules. Rules need obeying, they are there for a reason no matter how seemingly trivial.

I have to agree with his conclusion that the kick was illegal because it was an infringement of these rules.

The bottom line is that this incident, no matter how seemingly minor, just goes to emphasise just how bad a job those eminent persons who implemented VAR did. We know linesmen can be blind at regular intervals, but the camera doesn't lie. Ask Prince Andy. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

11 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, Kenny was on his heels and let Vardy slip in front of him. 

Kenny forgot he had a left shoulder, but he did check his right one twice.

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I'm happy to agree to disagree, but it's quite simple, I would not have entered the debate on this thread if you hadn't mentioned me in a post.  If you give it out you should be able to take it back in return.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I know you're a reasonable bloke deep down, but some of the language you used to describe your own supporters was a bit ridiculous if you think about it. I'm sure you'll be prepared to admit that in the cold light of day? 

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, that's fair enough. I know you're a reasonable bloke deep down, but some of the language you used to describe your own supporters was a bit ridiculous if you think about it. I'm sure you'll be prepared to admit that in the cold light of day? 

Yeah, I've slept on it and can of course understand why people would want to applaud him, so maybe I was a bit too provocative, but I do think people underestimate sometimes the power of a group of fans to affect what happens in a game.

Maybe the best thing would have been to applaud him as he approached and then started barracking him as he shaped up to take the corner......

Also, none of us complained when Madders did the same when he took corners for us, every other team does it, we probably do it sometimes and what does it actually gain?