Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Bring on the top teams

Unbelievable that we can play so well against top sides but seem unable to trouble those around us. After 17 games 8 of our 12 points have come from teams currently sitting above 12th spot, with just one win and a draw against teams around us. Villa, Southampton and Watford have all beaten us, yet sit with us in the bottom 4. Had we won these games we would be sitting comfortably in mid table on 21 points.

I must admit that I approach games against the top sides with a much lesser sense of dread than games against the 'lower' teams.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

I must admit that I approach games against the top sides with a much lesser sense of dread than games against the 'lower' teams.

I absolutely agree . Think the players seem to as well ! 
We are good enough to do this . Confidence will quite rightly soar after yesterday , let’s bring our top game against Wolves and crucially Villa . I believe we will . 

I also think the players probably feel less pressure when playing against the top teams. The weight of expectation when playing those around us has probably led to more silly errors.