Jobsworth Canary

Leicester are the club I wish we were

What a club

centred in their community, lovely stadium, 

really looked after their fans, free mince pies and hats, it’s the thought that counts. This is not a one off

Rich Owners who truly care and want their club to be successful 

but most importantly of all owners who invest in the club to ensure success 

I just hope and pray that the stowmarket 2 learned some lessons yesterday and review their ownership of OUR club 

20 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

What a club

really looked after their fans, free mince pies and hats, it’s the thought that counts. This is not a one off

I just hope and pray that the stowmarket 2 learned some lessons yesterday and review their ownership of OUR club 

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/53209707?featured=1&utm_content=featured_listing

Fill ya boots Jobsworth, I'm sure there's an Iceland to stock the freezer with scampi. 

• Haha 1

King Power are far from the squeaky clean philanthropic company that they portray themselves to be to fans of Leicester City Football Club.

Amazon would blush at some of the means they have used to avoid financial liabilities in their own country and I believe that there have been court proceedings against them in Thailand. They might have bought themselves a decision by now.

They have sucked up to and received patronage and privileges from successive Thai governments, more recently the current anti-democratic military rulers who initiated a coup a few years back and to whom (The Phalang Pratcharat Party) they have donated massive amounts of funding.

All that glisters is not gold.

None of our business you might well claim, but nevertheless another little nugget to throw into the continuing  rich investor versus the impoverished cook debate.

57 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

What a club

It's a slippery slope from free mince pies to free sanitary products for women.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

What a club

I agree with the OP that Leicester is a fantastic example of what that model looks like when it works well. Investment doesn't ensure success, though, otherwise every club that attracted a rich investor would be successful.

However, with the mince pie comment I think we have yet more evidence that the way to Jobsworth's heart is through his stomach. I suggest we have a whip-round to see if we can pay the owner of another club to offer him free scampi before every game...

Leicester are a great example but they're in a significant minority. OP is completely pointless. As per usual.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Leicester are a great example but they're in a significant minority. OP is completely pointless. As per usual.

You truly have no ambition have you, I honestly couldn’t go through life with your acceptance of mediocrity 

3 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

You truly have no ambition have you, I honestly couldn’t go through life with your acceptance of mediocrity 

Cantwell played well again..

• Haha 2

Unpleasant dirty feckers if you ask me, stuff your mince pies, last time I was there we were pelted with pork pies, and they were stale and rock hard so you couldnt even eat them.

Every Leicester fan had a blue Santa hat and a clapper ( They always get the clappers every game) then at half time they were firing the pies into the crowd, well done Leicester !

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Every Leicester fan had a blue Santa hat and a clapper ( They always get the clappers every game) then at half time they were firing the pies into the crowd, well done Leicester !

Ah so my experience there was not a one off, a bit like poor Ernie, the crust of a stale pork pie can be lethal!!

Edited by Van wink

16 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

So well he was picked out on motd for praise.  

MOTD only praised him because he's from Dereham, sadly the lad is way out of his depth and needs to be dropped immediately.

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

MOTD only praised him because he's from Dereham, sadly the lad is way out of his depth and needs to be dropped immediately.

Yeah! MOTD and their typical Dereham favouritism. 

• Haha 4

There will come a day when the bubble will burst and the self funding model will be the way to go, then we'll win everything, every season, forever.

Mewwy Chrithmath hic 🍺🍻🥃🍺🍻🥂🍾

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It does work for them and they have a wonderfully gifted young team.

But do we want the sort of investment that foists clappers on the fans?   Was the term was tin pot?    One city fan collected a fair  number...

18 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I missed that as I spent over 15 minutes queuing for an overpriced pint of horrible Chang lager before I gave up so I didn’t miss the second half. Free Santa hats are all very well (not great for the environment though) but they either need more staff or to train them better.

18 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's funny how people's perception changes depending on who the target is. When we handed out clappers (before Leicester started BTW) this board was full of derision saying how tinpot it was and it was shameful that we needed to do such things to generate an atmosphere...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ZLF said:

It does work for them and they have a wonderfully gifted young team.

But do we want the sort of investment that foists clappers on the fans?   Was the term was tin pot?    One city fan collected a fair  number...

Sorry zlf, didn't notice you'd made the same point, but, they may have a gifted young team, how many of those are from their academy and how many are down to intelligent scouting and shopping?