Van wink

VAR consistency.....or lack of.

Just seen the Grealish penalty on MOTD, which he missed. 

Three Sheffield Utd players in the box as it was taken. 

What’s the point?

94B8729A-3B51-42FC-84E4-861FB8E7DD3C.jpeg

Edited by Van wink

I was about to write that on video, the #7 clears it and he's not encroaching as he's being pushed away by the #26 Villa player. However, looking at it again the #7 is inside the penalty D when the kick is taken, which is encroachment. I have no idea why that's any different to Aarons being a foot inside the box?

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Aarons went on to clear the ball. Encroachment is apparently only a problem if it directly affects the game 

Lets hope this rule is enforced by VAR for the season for each match.

Not just our game.

Lundstram got pushed into the D by a Villa player.  Shot themselves in the foot.  Our job now is to ensure Villa are relegated, not us.  Not focus on the rights or wrongs of VAR.  C'mon you yellows.

In the West Ham game, how was it not a foul on Antonio by Bertrand? The slow replay makes it look better than it looked live but it was still a clear shove, he was also grappled by another defender.

VAR is a joke

VAR is purely opinions, ( apart from offsides ) something I thought it wouldn’t be when I gave it my support prior to the beginning of the season. I feel as well you could build a case that certain teams ( Man Utd, Liverpool ) have decisions looked at differently to the likes of us and Watford and even Leicester, who are the main team that could stop Liverpool. 

Because refs do not go and check themselves this is open to accusations of corruption. In what other business would you have a third party overruleing something, without the original decision maker being consulted. 

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I was about to write that on video, the #7 clears it and he's not encroaching as he's being pushed away by the #26 Villa player. However, looking at it again the #7 is inside the penalty D when the kick is taken, which is encroachment. I have no idea why that's any different to Aarons being a foot inside the box?

I haven’t seen the next part but the 7 is encroaching ( he is in the D ). If the 7 cleared the ball as you seem to suggest then based on the interpretation they applied to us this should be retaken ( glad it wasn’t mind ). Maybe this week they have interpreted the rule as is in the FA rules as opposed to their own take on it. It a shambles.

VAR isn’t the issue its those using it the way they do to enforce the ****e decisions made by pretty crap referees which cause the issues. It just highlights how poor the general standard of referees are and how backing their decisions makes them look even worse.

Part of the justification for VAR was surely to help ensure consistency, that’s clearly not been done in this case, in our game a minor technical infringement has been identified and justified the retaking of a penalty, in the above case the very same minor infringement is obvious but no action taken, as far as I’m aware VAR didn’t even consider the point. So what we end up with is more inconsistency but now not only between refereeing decisions but also about when VAR is used. The situation is therefore worse than it was before.

Also, why does it apply to some incidents of advantage and not others?

Maddison's corner yesterday was clearly illegal.

Having very carefully worked out the trajectory, the angle and the pace of the kick, and taking into account the surface temperature and wind speed on the day and JM's shoe size I have come to the conclusion that without those two inches of advantage it  would have meant the ball would have struck Vardy's head at an angle that would have caused the headed ball to miss Krul's outstretched arm and go straight on to Zimbo's left peg to be booted into touch. 

Result: 0-1.:classic_angry:

Edited by BroadstairsR

Whats just as annoying is the linesman was stood right by Maddison so could have done something. Its the standard of officials that is annoying.

If there was ever going to be a cut-and-dried example of why it isn't working, our incident v this incident is it.

Either VAR becomes overseer and identifies every single possible infraction objectively, and the referee just becomes the on-field conduit for decisions- or we use the technology properly.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

If there was ever going to be a cut-and-dried example of why it isn't working, our incident v this incident is it.

Either VAR becomes overseer and identifies every single possible infraction objectively, and the referee just becomes the on-field conduit for decisions- or we use the technology properly.

Spot on Mason, and its adds fuel to the sense of injustice. I had thought that VAR was going to level the playing field, in fact its given it a greater gradient, away from us!