chris_lcfc_85

Leicester fan in peace

They the best side to visit us this season in my opinion, I dont know if it was a bit of a fluke, or their league position is misleading.

We werent at our best, but thats not an excuse, we were also poor in some other games and still won those games.  Whilst norwich halted our run.  They pressed very well.

If the game had another 30 mins, I think they would have won it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Still waiting Nutty .

What are you still waiting for? Is it the next four Leicester goals?

Diana Ross is still waiting for them...

Cheers Chris - Have a soft spot for Leicester after the title winning campaign - was ****ing fantastic to see the big boys get the tables turned and you fully deserved it.... and of course you have our James now, possibly the best player I've ever seen in a city shirt. Good luck for rest of season - looks a bit of a long shot for the title, but good to see you giving the big boys a run for their money again

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Cheers Chris - Have a soft spot for Leicester after the title winning campaign - was ****ing fantastic to see the big boys get the tables turned and you fully deserved it.... and of course you have our James now, possibly the best player I've ever seen in a city shirt. Good luck for rest of season - looks a bit of a long shot for the title, but good to see you giving the big boys a run for their money again

Cheers mate. Ive genuinely never really thought about the title, just being where we are is superb. A top 4 finish would be amazing but we'll see.... man city and liverpool next 2 league games 

Good luck to Leicester going forwards. 

I can't see Liverpool being stopped but would like to see Leicester runners up. 

I'm glad to see Norwich doing themselves justice, they just need to do it regularly and deal with the less expansive sides better. 

1 minute ago, Ramrod said:

Good luck to Leicester going forwards. 

I can't see Liverpool being stopped but would like to see Leicester runners up. 

I'm glad to see Norwich doing themselves justice, they just need to do it regularly and deal with the less expansive sides better. 

Wise words Ramrod.

I don't have to search Midlands. The thread is running alongside this one. 

Ask me about it again when Leicester score their fifth 🙃

💛💚 One City Strong 

Liverpool could very easily drop points now, especially until the end of January etc, tough fixtures and lots of them, their defence looked quite shaky imho today, so if I was a Foxes supporter I certainly wouldn’t give up hope just yet! And I would love to see it happen because the Liverpool ‘supporters’ down here are incredibly smug, plus Leicester are one of those clubs that I think most people want to see do well after the highs and lows of recent years. I hate using the word ‘likeable’, but Leicester are a club I really like. That all said, we played great today, the ‘real Norwich’ I think, and it’s incredibly frustrating we have had so many injuries until recently because there’s no doubt that has cost us during that period of the season. The rest of the leagues supporters may choose to ignore that, as do some of our supporters unfortunately, but we’re not cannon fodder with the majority of our team fit, playing in the right positions. We have good players, we don’t get battered by teams even when we lose now thanks to the return of some key players, and if we can lose some of the moaners and keep everyone largely onside then I truly believe we will at least finish above Watford, Southampton and Villa. Who knows what might have been, but our season really starts now, and fortunately we’re still right in the mix with those from 10th or 11th place and below. Good luck on closing the gap on Liverpool over the Christmas period, I really hope you do it. It ain’t over for you, and it ain’t over for us, by any stretch of the imagination 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well I’m just stating a fact to any fan who witnessed the match live. If I’m getting it wrong please tell me.

TBH, I thought the Leicester support pretty normal, maybe a little on the quiet side. I’ve certainly seen several quieter sets of home fans.

48 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't have to search Midlands. The thread is running alongside this one. 

Ask me about it again when Leicester score their fifth 🙃

💛💚 One City Strong 

Funny of you nutty not to have you copy and paste at the ready. 

Does make you wonder......

Was really rooting for Leicester during that Premiership-winning season as it's the ultimate football fantasy for any fan. And they deserved it by winning in style. Hope Leicester can break up the monopoly of the top six and show the rest of us that it can be done.

Thats the thing, in all our other games we always looked dangerous even if not playing well, whilst this game you had us well contained, we could have played another 2 hours and probably wouldnt score.  Also making soyuncu look bad, first time anyone has done that this season.

I hope you guys stay up. 🙂

• Thanks 2

It's not so unfair for Leicester fans to think they'd get all 3 points against Norwich.
I'd've thought the same if we were in 2nd spot playing Watford, Southampton etc.

TBH, I was expecting a home win for Norwich against Watford... but this is Norwich.

Cheers for the praise. I’ve commented before that we need a new “derby” team, Ipswich really being beneath us now, and Leicester fit the bill. 

They’ve nicked a manager and some players off of us, got a slightly bigger ground and they are currently better than us. Plus they play in blue and white  - what say you all; drop Ipswich and pick up Leicester as our football rival? 

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Cheers for the praise. I’ve commented before that we need a new “derby” team, Ipswich really being beneath us now, and Leicester fit the bill. 

They’ve nicked a manager and some players off of us, got a slightly bigger ground and they are currently better than us. Plus they play in blue and white  - what say you all; drop Ipswich and pick up Leicester as our football rival? 

I'm taking from this that you're much younger than me, there'll only ever be one derby for us.

Watching their struggles and slow demise gives great pleasure and can never be replaced by a Team a hundred miles away. 

11 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

You are hogestar and I claim my £10 

I'm hogesar, is that close enough? 😁

Also, cheers for your post Chris.

Dont worry about the fickle section of your support by the way (re the atmosphere). Todd is a local boy who came through our youth setup and is obviously a quality player but a look through the archives of this forum would show you we have fans who actually berate him basically, for being a local boy. On top of that, some slate him at any given opportunity.

Lesson? All teams have a section of fans who are absolute tools.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

TBH, I thought the Leicester support pretty normal, maybe a little on the quiet side. I’ve certainly seen several quieter sets of home fans.

Being honest, I thought the Leicester support was pathetic yesterday, especially considering the eight-game winning run. Barely a song over the 90 minutes, even after the equaliser there was hardly any noise. I think there was one round of "Vichai had a dream" early on, then a couple of chants of "Come on Leicester" and that was about it. Away end was rocking!

Still, fair play to the LCFC fans who have come on here to offer us their praise. Had a great day out, chatted to some very fair and friendly Leicester fans, and looking around the Khun Vichai memorial garden was quite moving. All the best to Leicester, still hoping beyond hope that they can do a job on the scousers.

Thanks to the Leicester boys for the praise, and apologies on behalf of the normal lot on here - every forum as its regular tosspots.

As a big fan of horse racing, I have a huge respect for Vichai and coupled with you guys winning the league, the tragedy and Maddison going have began following your results.

Genuinely hope you can stay on for 2nd and fingers crossed Liverpool's extreme run of games sees a slip up or two so you can apply some real pressure.

Not a massive fan of Roger's personality but no doubt hes doing a cracking job and good to see hes committed to you.

Best of luck.

• Like 2

Nice to have some opposition fans come on here for a sensible discussion and I guess if positions were reversed we’d have expected 3 points, but City are doing much better this season against the better footballing sides and yesterday was a good example.

I’d be interested in what the home fans thought about the incident when Iheanacho attacked from the throw when we’d put the ball out of play when both sides had a player down injured. My guess is that it was a rush of blood to the head when he got the ball and suddenly found no one was challenging him, then when he was on the floor he realised what he’d done.

After that he basically went to pieces and gave the ball away every time it came to him , obviously having the away fans on his back didn’t help (although I’ve seen far worse directed by home fans against out players at some northern grounds). 

probably a sensible decision by Rogers to take him off soon after.

15 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Wasn’t mixed in any way you look at it ! I will never slag Norwich home support again after witnessing yours after 8 straight wins . Embarrassing.

Leicester fan comes on here in peace and you respond like this... Embarrassing is a word I'd use to describe your response. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Not a massive fan of Roger's personality but no doubt hes doing a cracking job and good to see hes committed to you.

I'm also not a big fan of Rogers but have to say he was the epitome of class when asked about Iheanacho's gamesmanship. Said essentially that he was in the wrong and he had no idea what on earth he thought he was doing. 

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Nice to have some opposition fans come on here for a sensible discussion and I guess if positions were reversed we’d have expected 3 points, but City are doing much better this season against the better footballing sides and yesterday was a good example.

I’d be interested in what the home fans thought about the incident when Iheanacho attacked from the throw when we’d put the ball out of play when both sides had a player down injured. My guess is that it was a rush of blood to the head when he got the ball and suddenly found no one was challenging him, then when he was on the floor he realised what he’d done.

After that he basically went to pieces and gave the ball away every time it came to him , obviously having the away fans on his back didn’t help (although I’ve seen far worse directed by home fans against out players at some northern grounds). 

probably a sensible decision by Rogers to take him off soon after.

It was wrong plain and simple, most of his team mates probably thought the same.

Majority of Leicester fans around me and including me were desperately hoping it wasnt a red card as it would of been a joke and slightly embarrassing. 

Iheanacho has really upped his game recently having been poor for a good while so i hope it doesn't effect his confidence but ultimately the ref got it right and so did Rodgers