I played with a broken big toe and did not even know it was broken, I only found out when I had to have an x-ray on my foot for another  injury and the doctor told me that my foot was fine but I had broken my big toe in the past. What I will say is that 37 years on the arthritis in that toe is a bar steward...........

5 minutes ago, Banjoman said:

Errrr...? This means the same thing. 

Apparently it does. I always thought that fractures were less serious and more like  surface cracks, whereas a break was all the way through... google says I'm wrong and they mean the same thing... 😳

Edited by kick it off

When I saw the thread title I thought that it would be all about a battle in the American Civil War.

Instead it's about the battle of The King Power. Leicester did get a bit tasty at times yesterday with AT and TC getting their fair share of robust tackles.

We must have rattled them somewhat.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I'm no medical expert but I know that within the motorcycle racing world riders can often speed up the recovery time from fractures by having the bone laser welded, often being back racing the following weekend, depending on which bone and the severity of the break.

I am sure that if this is an option in Teemu's case, then the physios will know about it.

45 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

I'm no medical expert but I know that within the motorcycle racing world riders can often speed up the recovery time from fractures by having the bone laser welded, often being back racing the following weekend, depending on which bone and the severity of the break.

I am sure that if this is an option in Teemu's case, then the physios will know about it.

Motorcycling is not the contact sport football is

Yeh, I've played with a broken toe, and sans toenail as well (got ripped out, do not recommend).  It hurts.

Just seen Jordan Rhodes scored a hattrick at the weekend.    Happily have him back - although Drmic is expected back in January isn't he, so I imagine that it's massively unlikely.

On 14/12/2019 at 22:36, kick it off said:

Think it's fractured rather than broken?

Not even fractured it seems😉

• Haha 1

I broke my toe one evening when I stubbed it going to bed, then reset it (it had snapped and the top, broken half was at an odd angle, not just a fracture). I have to admit to being a bit the worse for wear and didn’t realise what I had done until the morning. As FJPSOB says, it tends to hurt more the older you get rather than at the time.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I broke my toe one evening when I stubbed it going to bed, then reset it (it had snapped and the top, broken half was at an odd angle, not just a fracture). I have to admit to being a bit the worse for wear and didn’t realise what I had done until the morning. As FJPSOB says, it tends to hurt more the older you get rather than at the time.

Always helpfull to get a real life personal insight, cheers👍

12 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

A touch of gout then.

Feed him cherries 'til the game.

Beware the fate of President Zachary Taylor!

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Always helpfull to get a real life personal insight, cheers👍

You’re welcome, I’ll make sure to share anything else relevant I can.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

You’re welcome, I’ll make sure to share anything else relevant I can.

..... are those little blue pills any good? Asking for a friend 😉

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

..... are those little blue pills any good? Asking for a friend 😉

Well, my friend tells me that they are not that little.

My grandad broke his toe trying to kick my mum up the backside and got the step instead - didn't know it was broken until he had an x-ray for an unrelated issue about 30 years later 🙂