Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Meanwhile, not far away....

The natives are getting restless and want Lambert out. Very entertaining on TWTD tonight. Amazingly there is a lot of praise for a fan who threw a bottle at a Bristol Rovers player 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The natives are getting restless and want Lambert out. Very entertaining on TWTD tonight. Amazingly there is a lot of praise for a fan who threw a bottle at a Bristol Rovers player 

I understand that he was MoTM for getting a shot on target 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I read that dylan, not surprised that supporters that always bang on about their history should also have a seventies attitude towards crowd behavior.

Sad times in Suffolk ☹

16 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I love the way a lot of them refer to him as 'PR Paul'.

Seems that they've finally caught on that he's been blowing smoke up their ar**s with all his bull about their 'unreal support' etc..........

It has only taken them a year to cotton on!  To be fair to the supporters they were deep in the mire and were always going to cling on to whatever hope they could.  Second place in the league isn’t so bad but does seem to be hiding a shedload of issues.

They are very lucky that the standard this year is terrible - according to most sensible football people . They have relied on several 1.0 wins against poor sides. Their cheapo version of Holt - described as a “character” (can’t recall his name) isn’t setting the world on fire is he ? And Dozzels lad (next Keiran Dyer) can’t get in the team. 

PR Paul bought them all a beer yesterday didn’t he? Must have cost around £20 I reckon 

apparently Mucus is being asked to “spend big” in the window. 

We’ll see. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

If I were an Ipswich, other than being eternally embarrassed, I'd be fairly satisfied with the current status.

Looks at where Cov, Portsmouth, Sunderland & Bolton are.

2 hours ago, K Lo said:

If I were an Ipswich, other than being eternally embarrassed, I'd be fairly satisfied with the current status.

Looks at where Cov, Portsmouth, Sunderland & Bolton are.

The first three of those are only a couple of wins away from when Ipswich are. On current form Ipswich could easily be sucked back down into the underachievers' ball in mid-table.

Think back to our season in League One, and remember how hideous it was early on, being stuck in mid-table and then dragging our way into the play-offs, before riding that wave of momentum all the way to the title. Ipswich look like they're doing it in reverse, and it'd be hilarious if they don't make it back up. Might be enough for Mucus to pull the plug and leave them to 'do a Bolton'.

They are a self entitled bunch who simply because of past events expect to dominate that division. When it starts to go horribly wrong have no fear, we will hear the moaning and tuttering even this far North.

And it will !

11 hours ago, East Rider said:

They are a self entitled bunch who simply because of past events expect to dominate that division. 

What past events? They had a 20 year hiatus which ended 35 years ago, since then they've had half a dozen seasons in the top Division. 

Their support base bang on about events that happened so long ago that most of them weren't even born. 

Tinpot. 

9 hours ago, splendidrush said:

What past events? They had a 20 year hiatus which ended 35 years ago, since then they've had half a dozen seasons in the top Division. 

Their support base bang on about events that happened so long ago that most of them weren't even born. 

Tinpot. 

Exactly, entirely and emphatically...…...or something like that

9 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And the good news keeps rolling in down the A140

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/37443/town-announce-�3.2m-loss

Interesting headlines . Wages higher than turnover. And after Lamberts massive PR stunt last year they only sold 500 more season tickets. 

Any reason why it takes so long to produce the accounts? 

7 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Interesting headlines . Wages higher than turnover. And after Lamberts massive PR stunt last year they only sold 500 more season tickets. 

Any reason why it takes so long to produce the accounts? 

Some things take longer to cook than others. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If some on here are to be believed our resident boardroom cook has been beavering away since 1996 perfecting her skills 😀😉

They're probably the same ones who heralded the binners ambition in attracting Evans in the first place🙃

So a club whose debts far outweigh their assets surely they should not be allowed to continue in the football league

if there isn’t there should be debt rules in place meaning insolvent clubs shouldn’t be allowed to be league members 

5 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

So a club whose debts far outweigh their assets surely they should not be allowed to continue in the football league

if there isn’t there should be debt rules in place meaning insolvent clubs shouldn’t be allowed to be league members 

Agreed.

Didn't FFP used to be based around turnover/ wage ratio? Now its losses over a three year period. What keeps them even slightly sensible is the player sales. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

25 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Oh... and the excuses are starting already! 🤣

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/37446/lambert-i-knew-the-start-was-creating-a-problem

Ps. Check out how tinpot the PLC AGM looks!

Pps. Probably not a good idea to start criticising Suffolk... Doofus!

Average age of that lots share holder does appear to be well below our average of 103 

Ha ha Lambert is great isn’t he? All the other teams play better against the Binners because of their size and history .

The big teams that have been in the Third Division don’t appear to include us (even though he was the manager ) .

Losing three games is “nothing”. Actually Paul , it’s three. 

And finally 

People in Suffolk sit on their arsesand take 4 weeks to say yes. I’m not sure where he is going with that ...

Hmm, four weeks is about the duration of the January transfer window, so getting his excuse set up for why he couldn’t sign anyone? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Stop making sense  jobbo,  I had to double check  that it was you  posting  something  reasonable. Or is it subterfuge,  just waiting  to introduce the need for a SRCI, in order to  negate the  need to play a talentless local lad.

My favourite thread on there is their highlights of the decade.

Best they can muster is going top on Boxing Day then pissing it away and two equalisers against us in the playoffs. Could you imagine the best part of a decade was briefly equalising and then losing to your closest rivals in the playoffs?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Willmeister said:

My favourite thread on there is their highlights of the decade.

Best they can muster is going top on Boxing Day then pissing it away and two equalisers against us in the playoffs. Could you imagine the best part of a decade was briefly equalising and then losing to your closest rivals in the playoffs?

If this is true then that is an absolute shocker and quite frankly embarrassing for them. 

I know they have been in the doldrums for a couple of decades but there must be other highlights?

Didn't they clean a stand one year, that is surely momentous and deserves a place amongst their recent achievements. 

A highlight for me if I was a Town supporter would be understanding wtf Lambert is trying to say.

“You’ve got to wake it up, whether it’s through criticism or support. And I’d rather have that than play in front of 12,000 people, that’s for sure.”

?