Sign in to follow this  
Il Pirata

A few quick thoughts from today..

Just back from another superb away day. 

The whole team played very well, but special mentions to Aarons, Trybull and Buendia who were superb. Buendia particularly so, and my MOM. 

We had chances to win it, but equally Leicester were a constant threat and the defence had to concentrate and be solid throughout, which they were - albeit with a few heart stopping moments! 

One particular frustration I had however, was Farke's decisions not to make changes earlier. Cantwell, Buendia and Trybull looked dead on their feet from 70 minutes. We were dropping deeper and deeper, and Leicester we're starting to turn the screw. An outlet was needed, Hernanzdez the obvious choice. Absolutely great point, just felt like Farke was unnecessarily riding his luck by waiting when there didn't seem any point to? Cantwell could barely run and had simply burnt himself to a point of being little use. 

Anyway delighted with the point. Just need to find a way to build on these positive results. That's three games this season for me, Bournemouth, Everton and now Leicester.... 🤔

Edited by Il Pirata

Just now, Mutley said:

You had better go to every away game from now on with that record! 

Unbeaten, two clean sheets, only one conceded - Must be that £50 I paid at the start of the season! 

Buendia did look good, and his pass for Pukki s goal was his almost his signature assist seen countless times last season. 

14 minutes ago, Chumino said:

Buendia did look good, and his pass for Pukki s goal was his almost his signature assist seen countless times last season. 

Was that Tom or Kenny's preceding reverse pass? That turned the whole Leicester team around. Absolutely brilliant.

I'd add Tettey to that list of players that looked knackered. Other than Hernandez though I'm not sure Farke has much ammunition from the bench and I can understand him being hesitant to change things when the game is so tight.

For example, you wonder if that chance late on when Stiepermann chose to pass to Hernandez instead of taking the shot on would have been different if it had been Todd in that position?

We are a bit of an enigma.

We can play toe to toe with the very very best...but struggle against the lesser sides.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Was that Tom or Kenny's preceding reverse pass? That turned the whole Leicester team around. Absolutely brilliant.

Trybulls I believe 

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

A bit?! It's like the hardest Tomb Raider puzzle doused in Resident Evil, thrown into a mixer with a Rubik's Cube multiplied by Sudoku timesed by a Guardian crossword.

• Like 1

It was a great away day wasn't it! I agree with OP on Farkes tentativeness to make changes. We were crying out 4 a change ... with Onel the obvious to come on and give us sone more impetus. Away following was great, I enjoyed it and and the result was one I would have signed for before the game. 

1 hour ago, Peanuts said:

I'd add Tettey to that list of players that looked knackered

^ This, there was a moment second half where he got the ball, tried to drive it forward and literally jogged it across the half way line before getting very quickly surrounded and dispossessed. They countered and fluffed, then he bent over gasping for breath. I was screaming for him to come off at that point.

1 hour ago, Chumino said:

Looks like excellent man management by Farke there. He looked excellent... and Cantwell also.

Edited by Michael Starr

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

We can play toe to toe with the very very best...but struggle against the lesser sides.

I agree. Nothing is more frustrating!

I thought Byram had an excellent game, similar to his performance against Man City. We cut out the silly sideways and backwards passing today. We moved the ball forward much quicker and had players in support. Finally we pressed high as a team. If we play like this we will get a lot more points.

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

^ This, there was a moment second half where he got the ball, tried to drive it forward and literally jogged it across the half way line before getting very quickly surrounded and dispossessed. They countered and fluffed, then he bent over gasping for breath. I was screaming for him to come off at that point.

Me too. Trouble is there's nobody to replace him. Amadou was going to be that man, but I'm not sure he's got Tetts' positional awareness & nous. It's a worry.

Edited by ron obvious